ADVERTISEMENT

Seems we do not have a QB who can pass consistently, effectively

Regarding Duke and in fairness to Wright, he got us to 2OT and then blew it in conjunction with the offensive coordinator running two bad plays to close it out. Those two plays told me his YEARS of experience as a starter in multiple games/programs didn't get him ready enough to make us a better middling team than Duke. If Lausch had the start in that game, who knows if we would have even made it to 2OT? Could have also gone the other way and we win outright, but I'm content not agonizing over this one.

Regarding Duke and in fairness to Wright, he got us to 2OT and then blew it in conjunction with the offensive coordinator running two bad plays to close it out. Those two plays told me his YEARS of experience as a starter in multiple games/programs didn't get him ready enough to make us a better middling team than Duke. If Lausch had the start in that game, who knows if we would have even made it to 2OT? Could have also gone the other way and we win outright, but I'm content not agonizing over this one.
I don't believe Wright is as bad as many are making him out to be. I'm rooting for Lausch, but it won't surprise me to see Wright out there again, and not in garbage time.

I don't believe Wright is as bad as many are making him out to be. I'm rooting for Lausch, but it won't surprise me to see Wright out there again, and not in garbage time.
"Bad" is a relative term. I expected better as a hired gun out of the portal - especially since he's coming in after Ramsay and Bryant, so we know what's out there and what we're capable of acquiring. Wright is a very experienced player, so to see the botches we saw vs. Duke which effectively cost us the game, the criticism is warranted.

Only three games into the season...so, lots of football left to play.

"Bad" is a relative term. I expected better as a hired gun out of the portal - especially since he's coming in after Ramsay and Bryant, so we know what's out there and what we're capable of acquiring. Wright is a very experienced player, so to see the botches we saw vs. Duke which effectively cost us the game, the criticism is warranted.

Only three games into the season...so, lots of football left to play.
The portal can be a crap shoot at the level NU tries to get, It is much harder for us to get our guy than most anyone else. Not gonna really get the top talent so best we can do is try to get the right fit and sometimes you do (Ramsey and Bryant) and sometimes you don't HJ and Hillinski)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT