ADVERTISEMENT

Semi-OT, OTs

rwhitney014

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2007
BC fired Addazio today. Their class includes two OTs we recruited, Ozzy Trapilo and Kevin Pyne. I’ve lost track of how many slots we have left, but I wonder if we gauge their interest now.

Reactions: drewjin
We aren’t taking another OL.
Re: Trapilo...Why not? He has a good offer list and OL is a position of need, even with the 3 guys we already have committed to us. Skoronski is likely a C, Priebe a guard. Tackles are not easy to find. I know * ratings are suspect, but a 4* with offers from Michigan, et. al. ...

Reactions: drewjin
Re: Trapilo...Why not? He has a good offer list and OL is a position of need, even with the 3 guys we already have committed to us. Skoronski is likely a C, Priebe a guard. Tackles are not easy to find. I know * ratings are suspect, but a 4* with offers from Michigan, et. al. ...

Wrather has a shot at tackle, plus we have Franks and Foster.

I’m hearing Trapilo to NU probably isn’t going to happen.

Not happening. NU already stopped recruiting McLaughlin who was a similar prospect and he went to Stanford. Trapilo is a BC legacy, he ain’t leaving.

Re: Pyne

“Pyne is, physically, one of the most impressive players in this class. The 6-foot-8, 320-pound Boston College commit was a year too old to play in Massachusetts this season, so he might be a little rusty when he first gets on campus but he has been working hard to be game-ready his freshman year. Size and strength are Pyne’s best assets, but technique is the area in which he is better in than others believe.

“Pyne should have a chance for early playing time and graduating early and enrolling in January should help him get comfortable quickly. "

From 5 days ago

“Pyne is, physically, one of the most impressive players in this class. The 6-foot-8, 320-pound Boston College commit was a year too old to play in Massachusetts this season, so he might be a little rusty when he first gets on campus but he has been working hard to be game-ready his freshman year. Size and strength are Pyne’s best assets, but technique is the area in which he is better in than others believe.

“Pyne should have a chance for early playing time and graduating early and enrolling in January should help him get comfortable quickly. "

From 5 days ago

Don’t believe everything you read.

From 5 days ago

Take a look for yourself, Epic. I stand by my previous comments, especially when compared to Trapilo's tape:

From 5 days ago

When he visited NU earlier this year he looked to be at most 260 lbs. A thin 260 at that. So he added 60+ lbs. of muscle in a matter of months? Must be either on the Wisconsin plan or this is total BS.

GOUNUII

I'm telling you guys, Pyne is a 31-year old longshoreman from Worcester disguised as a high school recruit. He's like that kid out west who faked his recruiting and offer from a PAC 12 school.

More true than not.

Take a look for yourself, Epic. I stand by my previous comments, especially when compared to Trapilo's tape:

When he visited NU earlier this year he looked to be at most 260 lbs. A thin 260 at that. So he added 60+ lbs. of muscle in a matter of months? Must be either on the Wisconsin plan or this is total BS.

GOUNUII

My bad guys. Not disagreeing here. Just saw the talking heads at Rivals had recently written on him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT