ADVERTISEMENT

Serious question

Medill '03

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2001
Can you identify anything Northwestern football does well? I just can’t think of anything.

33 yards offense in the first half? We are not very good.
And the defense? And the special teams? C’mon rebel - what positives can you pull from this game? I’ll give you that nobody was academically DQ’d for the game. Yea, sportsball team!

33 yards offense in the first half? We are not very good.
To be fair we gain some yards with some regularity but then lose a bunch on a few big negative plays. So if you want to be a glass half empty guy by looking at things overall, or by quarters or halves or entire games or by points scored compared to the opponent, have at it I suppose.

To be fair we gain some yards with some regularity but then lose a bunch on a few big negative plays. So if you want to be a glass half empty guy by looking at things overall, or by quarters or halves or entire games or by points scored compared to the opponent, have at it I suppose.
My glass was totally empty by half time--Gin.

• Love
Reactions: fcmchi and NUCat320
Speed, the answer is speed (among others). Even the announcers noted that Gallagher couldn't keep up covering the party he was to cover. Othr answers are tackling , tackling, and tackling. when watching other teams it seems they're always in the right position, and their plays have some originality and thought behind them, But when our QB has n o time (7 sacks) and no protection. and we can't run the ball so we can't freeze the LB's on a pass, we have trouble in river city, and it ain't a pool table.

Speed, the answer is speed (among others). Even the announcers noted that Gallagher couldn't keep up covering the party he was to cover. Othr answers are tackling , tackling, and tackling. when watching other teams it seems they're always in the right position, and their plays have some originality and thought behind them, But when our QB has n o time (7 sacks) and no protection. and we can't run the ball so we can't freeze the LB's on a pass, we have trouble in river city, and it ain't a pool table.
Trouble, trouble, trouble...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT