ADVERTISEMENT

Seriously, isn’t the Big Ten fun?

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
Rutgers is just dominating Wisconsin in Jersey. Just because.

Michigan State hosts Illinois next.

I realize that we get obsessed with March and hopefully April, but there’s something about the grind of these pretty-familiar teams just straight going at it twice a week.

We’ll lose something with the expansion. I hope the conference errs on the side of opponent familiarity and protected rivalries, over time, in scheduling.

Counterpoint: the additions are going to be awesome for basketball. Getting UCLA in the conference is going to be really exciting.
Yeah, getting UCLA is exciting. But I think much of the fun is the familiarity.

We got to see Boo and Berry make their Tominaga gestures. The Illinois game was more satisfying *because* it was coming off that blowout. And everything about the Purdue game was even more fun because of the “can they do it again?” element.

I just hope there’s a way to keep some consistency. Pods of four and five with protected home and away.

But mostly, it’s fun because every damn game is a battle.

Rutgers is significantly better than early in the season. Shows you that the order you play teams is just as important as who you play.

Rutgers will be even better next season, with 2 of the top 4 2024 HS grads in the country.

We are catching Penn St and Rutgers on 3 game winning streaks. Jeremiah Williams looks like a solid player, and they shot 3 ball well vs bucky.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
I still think Wisky was overrated. They may be a top Top 25, but not Elite were they've been hovering in the Top 10. Then again, maybe Wisconsin being rated in the Top 10 for several weeks is a sign of parity nationally.
KenPom has never had them out of the teens and they tumbled down to 18 today, so the analytics generally agree they’re very good but not really elite.

Rutgers is just dominating Wisconsin in Jersey. Just because.

Michigan State hosts Illinois next.

I realize that we get obsessed with March and hopefully April, but there’s something about the grind of these pretty-familiar teams just straight going at it twice a week.

We’ll lose something with the expansion. I hope the conference errs on the side of opponent familiarity and protected rivalries, over time, in scheduling.

I have a hard time figuring who to root for in these games.

• Haha
This is what you fear the most: a losing streak that can get in a tean's head. It started when Wisky blew a 19-point second half lead at Nebraska.

One thing that got in Wisconsin's head was Omoruyi blocking 8 shots, with 13 rebounds and 13 points.
Not to mention the Scarlet Knights going 10 of 17 from 3.

• Wow
UCLA has the ability to lift the play of the Big Ten if they continue to attract elite athletes. I don't think they will dominate - although they can be super tough given their recruiting area - but the year NU played them it was like playing a team of super tall greyhounds.

I still think Wisky was overrated. They may be a top Top 25, but not Elite were they've been hovering in the Top 10. Then again, maybe Wisconsin being rated in the Top 10 for several weeks is a sign of parity nationally.
Absolutely parity nationally.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
The last two years, the teams have all been really competitive and that’s great to watch.

Not just the BIG. Top 10 teams are below .500 in conference road games nationally. It is incredible this year.

Reactions: ricko654321
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT