ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting in Kenosha near Carthage College

CatManTrue

Oct 4, 2008
Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: scru
Wonder if Kenosha camp will be a casualty of Covid. Obviously, we didn't go last year and I doubt we would go this year.

Sounds like they’ve caught whoever it was, but haven’t released the name yet. They also arrested the Texas shooter and did reveal his identity.

You lost me after T.... Just pointing out the obvious, There will be OT creep, especially as we get into the season. Hungry Jack is not the only one out there itching to post what is really on his mind. Sports are not isolated from the rest of what athletes and fans do. Do not blame the messenger.

You lost me after T.... Just pointing out the obvious, There will be OT creep, especially as we get into the season. Hungry Jack is not the only one out there itching to post what is really on his mind. Sports are not isolated from the rest of what athletes and fans do. Do not blame the messenger.

You’ll live. Go find one of the eight million political forums that exist on the internet and leave everyone here alone...

This is not OT, it is a Rant Board thread, and a good one, however....
Carthage College literally hosted our preseason football for a couple of decades. Barnett used it to help bring the Purple back to Pasadena. It’s also probably the Wisconsin city with the highest percentage of Wildcat fans as a result.

The board that can’t be mentioned has nothing to do with this.

Carthage College literally hosted our preseason football for a couple of decades. Barnett used it to help bring the Purple back to Pasadena. It’s also probably the Wisconsin city with the highest percentage of Wildcat fans as a result.

The board that can’t be mentioned has nothing to do with this.

Actually, Wisconsin-Parkside hosted the preseason camp - the practice facility and accomodations. A few times they played a public scrimmage at Carthage but not in the beginning.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Actually, Wisconsin-Parkside hosted the preseason camp - the practice facility and accomodations. A few times they played a public scrimmage at Carthage but not in the beginning.
I stand corrected - my memory of Kenosha was a blur of practice and film study with no breaks, didn’t realize we were on UW territory. The last time I visited was in 2006 and I believe Carthage hosted a public practice, hence my confusion.

Still, how many Wildcat fans and family members enjoyed libations at this watering hole. Definitely not OT in my book.

I stand corrected - my memory of Kenosha was a blur of practice and film study with no breaks, didn’t realize we were on UW territory. The last time I visited was in 2006 and I believe Carthage hosted a public practice, hence my confusion.

Still, how many Wildcat fans and family members enjoyed libations at this watering hole. Definitely not OT in my book.

This is correct -- most of Camp Kenosha was on the UW-Parkside campus, but they actually didn't/don't have a football team and "game day"-type facilities were limited to a pretty meager soccer stadium. Carthage had a more legitimate football stadium set up, the team would occasionally head over there for open practices and/or spring games. Carthage also installed Field Turf in 2007 and it was nice to practice on that surface in addition to the natural grass at UW-Parkside.

You’ll live. Go find one of the eight million political forums that exist on the internet and leave everyone here alone...
Based on your posts here on the sports boards, MrbossypantsWildcat, you are the one who should be leaving everyone here alone, you contribute very little but negative. But that's up to the mods. If they want to ban me and my $9.99/ month for saying that, that is their prerogative.

Last edited:
Based on your posts here on the sports boards, MrbossypantsWildcat, you are the one who should be leaving everyone here alone, you contribute very little but negative. But that's up to the mods. If they want to ban me and my $9.99/ month for saying that, that is their prerogative.

A quick google search will display many polical forums for you to obsess over. This isn’t one of them...

Reactions: No Chores
ADVERTISEMENT