ADVERTISEMENT

SI Names AC 2nd Team

InsideNU.com has the story.

Pretty darn good competition. AC on the second team with Deshaun Watson, Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffrey and Jake Butt. They pick 2 WRs for each team so he's the 3rd or 4th best WR in America. And the best former walk-on.

Pitt lands 2 first teamers, an OG and a KR.

http://www.si.com/college-football/photo/2016/12/08/all-america-team-2016-college-football
You know... you could have gone all day without telling me that Pitt had two first team All Americans. Grumble. Grumble. Grumble.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
My heart still aches for 7th grade Jake Butt. That must not have been easy.

Jake Butt is 6-5 250 and athletic enough to be projected as a high NFL draft pick. I'm going to wager that he was just fine.

I don't like buttplugs. As a huge broccoli and cabbage eater, they make me bloated. YMMV

Do you run them through the dishwasher or toss them in with the laundry? Anybody know? Wrassler?

Last edited:
Jake Butt is 6-5 250 and athletic enough to be projected as a high NFL draft pick. I'm going to wager that he was just fine.
I'm going to wager he still got teased a ton in 7th grade no matter how big he was.

Do you run them through the dishwasher or toss them in with the laundry? Anybody know? Wrassler?

Some people tie 'em to their bumper when they wash their truck. Which is how bumpernuts were invented.

[See how I closed the circle on this thread?]

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
Is this enough for the wall at Ryan Field?

Strief was named all American by football writers association of America. Venric Mark was also first team punt returner by FWAA.

AP and FWAA both share a spot here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_Football_All-America_Team

(Update: SI is also on this list, so maybe SI second-team is enough.)

If I remember right, a while back it was just being named to any AP and FWAA team (1st, 2nd or 3rd), though things may have changed with the influx of more all-american teams. So believe he will be on the wall.

Edit: Apparently it's only first team (from someone in the know), and while it used to be AP and FWAA, they have taken a "broader" approach and the rules are not "set" - if it is relatively reliable and they are on the first-team, you should see them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT