ADVERTISEMENT

Siemian Cut

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
Titans made the move today, but that leaves them with just 2 QBs so maybe he gets signed to the practice squad.

Siemian is an accurate passer. He'll be on an active roster somewhere.

Maybe later in the year but I doubt anybody signs him to an active roster right now. Teams are pretty committed to their top two QBs at this stage. Hard to bring in a QB at this stage who is one play away from being your QB who has zero familiarity with the system or teammates.

Reactions: Fitz51
Maybe later in the year but I doubt anybody signs him to an active roster right now. Teams are pretty committed to their top two QBs at this stage. Hard to bring in a QB at this stage who is one play away from being your QB who has zero familiarity with the system or teammates.
Siemian was signed to the Titan's practice squad.

Expected move considering the circumstances.

Trevor is in a good spot (once he gets familiar with the system), if he ever gets called upon.

Would be the 1st time in the NFL (much less college) that he would get to play behind a good O-line with one of the better running attacks to boot.

Manning gave Siemian bad advice about signing with the mess that is the Jets (may never know if Darnold can be a good NFL QB until he's a reclamation project like Tannehill), and the Jets bad advice in hiring Gase, who is not a good HC, much less OC.

Btw, this is how stupid the Jets are - they gave Flacco some pretty decent $ to be the new backup despite his injury taking longer to heal.

And Flacco is immobile compared to Trevor, so would be a sitting duck behind that Jets O-line, and despite all of his years of experience, Flacco still can't read more sophisticated NFL defensive schemes.

Deja vu for the Broncos; their starter goes down with an AC joint injury.

Last edited:
Expected move considering the circumstances.

Trevor is in a good spot (once he gets familiar with the system), if he ever gets called upon.

Would be the 1st time in the NFL (much less college) that he would get to play behind a good O-line with one of the better running attacks to boot.

Manning gave Siemian bad advice about signing with the mess that is the Jets (may never know if Darnold can be a good NFL QB until he's a reclamation project like Tannehill), and the Jets bad advice in hiring Gase, who is not a good HC, much less OC.

Btw, this is how stupid the Jets are - they gave Flacco some pretty decent $ to be the new backup despite his injury taking longer to heal.

And Flacco is immobile compared to Trevor, so would be a sitting duck behind that Jets O-line, and despite all of his years of experience, Flacco still can't read more sophisticated NFL defensive schemes.

Deja vu for the Broncos; their starter goes down with an AC joint injury.
Speaking of bad Head Coaches, how about Vic Fagio. Brutal watching him manage a game.

But how mobile is Trevor after that gruesome injury last season? Some thought it would be career-ending.

Speaking of bad Head Coaches, how about Vic Fagio. Brutal watching him manage a game.

Denver could have WON that game. Strong comeback.

At 1st and goal, the TWO calls to run off tackle were surely brutal. I'd guess he left those calls to the OC and I'm sure there will be discussions about those calls. If your OL is not overwhelming the D, it's always better to call a play that looks or starts like the off tackle runs but goes elsewhere.

But I'm a Fangio fan. He was a great DC at Stanford under Harbaugh, as he was again with the Niners. The Chicago folks must have liked him as DC there. Paid plenty of dues learning to coach. I'm glad to see him get a shot as HC.

Denver could have WON that game. Strong comeback.

At 1st and goal, the TWO calls to run off tackle were surely brutal. I'd guess he left those calls to the OC and I'm sure there will be discussions about those calls. If your OL is not overwhelming the D, it's always better to call a play that looks or starts like the off tackle runs but goes elsewhere.

But I'm a Fangio fan. He was a great DC at Stanford under Harbaugh, as he was again with the Niners. The Chicago folks must have liked him as DC there. Paid plenty of dues learning to coach. I'm glad to see him get a shot as HC.
Did you see the week before when he took his timeouts back with him to the locker room? That was way worse. Never questioned his ability to be a decent DC, but he has been real shaky as HC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT