ADVERTISEMENT

Silence is golden?

stpaulcat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
St. Paul
The hire of Armon Binns announced today is very good news that Fitz is on this. I'm really looking forward to announcements of DC and DLC, transfers and portals. Those cup half full or empty posters, take note. ECat, that would be you (❤️ ECat, if for no other reason than reminding us constantly that tOSU Football is >> than NU). (Part !! of the Silence thread)

Again it’s a matter of perspective. Have no doubt he will fill the positions. The question is with who. The WR hire was cup half empty/full. Not remotely the home run hire that Hank was or the ones we need right now to really move the needle for this program. I hope the DC hire is much more inspiring.

Again it’s a matter of perspective. Have no doubt he will fill the positions. The question is with who. The WR hire was cup half empty/full. Not remotely the home run hire that Hank was or the ones we need right now to really move the needle for this program. I hope the DC hire is much more inspiring.
Agreed. Also, WR is important, but not as critical. He MUST get DC right. Iowa had more pick sixes this year than WR TD catches and won 8 games. I don't want to settle for Iowa, but after 2019 2021 and 2022? Doesn't look so bad

I mean, to what extent can a WR coach be a home run or a make or break hire? We definitely needed an upgrade/fresh direction in that room and we got a young guy who played WR in NFL and had experience at a couple successful programs. That’s what we got, and hopefully he can work well with Bajakian and recruit some good WR transfers.

I mean, to what extent can a WR coach be a home run or a make or break hire? We definitely needed an upgrade/fresh direction in that room and we got a young guy who played WR in NFL and had experience at a couple successful programs. That’s what we got, and hopefully he can work well with Bajakian and recruit some good WR transfers.

The WR coach from Ohio State would be a grandslam (but impossible I know).

Nobody said make or break, but you could definitely bring in someone who is a shoe in to change things for the better. Like Coach Prime over at Colorado. Or Hank was for us.

There are better WR coaches out there, we got someone who checked some boxes and hopefully will work out. But, it wasn't a home run hire as WR coaches go.

The WR coach from Ohio State would be a grandslam (but impossible I know).

Nobody said make or break, but you could definitely bring in someone who is a shoe in to change things for the better. Like Coach Prime over at Colorado. Or Hank was for us.

There are better WR coaches out there, we got someone who checked some boxes and hopefully will work out. But, it wasn't a home run hire as WR coaches go.
I don't think a WR coach can transform a program. dOSU gets 5-star WR talent on an annual basis, even Springer would look like a home run hire coaching that group.

Reactions: KappaKat
ADVERTISEMENT