ADVERTISEMENT

Skoronski named pre-season All American

Could you imagine if, come next April, we have two first round offensive tackles in the last three drafts? Boom or bust with our OL I guess.

Reactions: rmndcat
Could you imagine if, come next April, we have two first round offensive tackles in the last three drafts? Boom or bust with our OL I guess

It's a great story for sure. When we recruited Skoronski it was already obvious that he was just different, in a very good way. I think he was eventually rated a 5 star by TOS. Not so much for Slater who was kind of under the radar until he was suddenly starting as a true freshman seemingly out of nowhere. Not bad for a 3 star.

When his HS coach called him the program's best ever PLAYER, I knew to expect something special.

Reactions: runawayCat
More preseason awards. Surprised about Gallagher, I hope he has a big season.

Reactions: Titanium999
Preseason accolades are pure bullshit and nothing but hype. I wish they would get rid of such trivial garbage. Skoronski will only make AA if the team does well. That in itself is a 50/50 proposition at best coming off the disaster of 2021. I hope he does make AA, he does have the talent, but if we have a losing record, he might make 3rd team AA.

Preseason accolades are pure bullshit and nothing but hype. I wish they would get rid of such trivial garbage. Skoronski will only make AA if the team does well. That in itself is a 50/50 proposition at best coming off the disaster of 2021. I hope he does make AA, he does have the talent, but if we have a losing record, he might make 3rd team AA.

You might be right, but Chris Hinton made 1st team AA on a terrible Dark Ages team, AND it was his first year playing OL. You can't get further off the postseason awards radar than Bobo was. Its even more amazing he got picked.

Reactions: Titanium999
^ Opposing D's will just pick on the weakest link and in NU's, we're usually talking weakest links.

Look at how ineffective Mahomes was against the Bucs D in the SB when KC's O-line was a wreck.

Here's a top 100 players (NFL) ranking w/ Slater at 60th.

Getting another 1st rnd draft pick playing at a high level in the NFL should help improve recruiting along the O-line.

Reactions: Gladeskat
Yeah, we certainly don’t want anything to talk about this summer. Let’s sit around and dingle our berries instead.

• Haha
Reactions: NUCat320 and DaCat
ICR if Slater made AA, but his last year, the team was ass. Especially the offense

ICR if Slater made AA, but his last year, the team was ass. Especially the offense
As far as I can tell, Slater did not make any of the major All American teams after the 2019 season. We had three freshman All Americans from his class (though Fisher was a redshirt frosh).

2017 freshman All Americans
  • ESPN: Samdup Miller
  • USA Today: Samdup Miller, Paddy Fisher
  • 247 (true freshmen only): Rashawn Slater
  • FWAA: Paddy Fisher
Fisher was 3rd team AP All American as a sophomore in 2018.

Last edited:
Reactions: mountaindrew
The recognition and love continues for Skoronski.

ADVERTISEMENT