ADVERTISEMENT

Skowronek‘s catch deserves its own thread

That catch, for me, ranks with the best I can recall seeing - that one, and Kyle Quiero's leaping one-handed interception while wearing a club on the other hand.

Reactions: NUCat320
That's at least one fantastic catch, three games in a row!!! Plus, he made the catch at the goal line that was called back. He is playing amazing football!

The catch at the goal line was another terrific grab. He really went up and got that one. It’s a shame it was negated by the Hance penalty. We were looking at another 6 points for Bowser if not for that holding call. Ugh.

Let's hope so...poor guy must be suffering from PTSD. RB's need to chip on his side on every pass play.
The bad part was they were going right through him and overpowering him without much of a move or speed rush. He definitely had an off day and we need him to play better the rest of the way. He can do that.

Reactions: Indy Cat93
I appreciated that the replay crew went to the extent of saying the call of TD was CONFIRMED and not just “stands” which would have implied some uncertainty about the catch and the on field officials’ call. That was important, otherwise the story line might have included “NU won in part due to a questionable TD call on the field.”

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Nothing personal to Blake but seeing him toppling backwards on his ass was sad but funny at the same time. Yeah yeah I know that's not irony.

Seems that the Iowa dB #11 was grabbing Skowronek’s jersey prior to him stretching out to make the catch. Was #11 called for pass interference on the play?

Last edited:
Seems after like the Iowa dB #11 was grabbing Skowronek’s jersey prior to him stretching out to make the catch. Was #11 called for pass interference on the play?
It was definite PI and was not called. He probably wouldn’t have had to extend quite as dramatically if he hadn’t been held.

It was definite PI and was not called. He probably wouldn’t have had to extend quite as dramatically if he hadn’t been held.
Since PI was not called, just glad it was confirmed a catch and td after review. I agree that the grab of Skoronek’s jersey by Iowa’s dB #11 prior to him catching the ball for the td seemed pretty obvious from some of the angles and must have been noticed by those in the replay booth.

I appreciated that the replay crew went to the extent of saying the call of TD was CONFIRMED and not just “stands” which would have implied some uncertainty about the catch and the on field officials’ call. That was important, otherwise the story line might have included “NU won in part due to a questionable TD call on the field.”

Watching live, I was sure it was no catch, but replay got it right. That was amazing.

Reactions: stpaulcat
Seems that the Iowa dB #11 was grabbing Skowronek’s jersey prior to him stretching out to make the catch. Was #11 called for pass interference on the play?

If you watched closely, each team was called for one PI (IIRC), but mostly the refs were letting them play. I thought they missed several PIs each way.

If you watched closely, each team was called for one PI (IIRC), but mostly the refs were letting them play. I thought they missed several PIs each way.
I agree there were some that could have been called each way but I prefer they let them play a bit. I am in favor of not calling the “hand on the waist” unless it is holding or turning the guy around, and some contact/hand fighting as long as both guys are equally making a play on the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT