ADVERTISEMENT

Skowronek and Goodlow only freshmen to play?

DarthCat

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
Is that right? Anyone in the know aware of any redshirted freshman we'd expect to make a significant impact in '17?

As I've said, Aiden Smith has looked really good to me warming up. But any other more insightful assessments?

Is that right? Anyone in the know aware of any redshirted freshman we'd expect to make a significant impact in '17?

As I've said, Aiden Smith has looked really good to me warming up. But any other more insightful assessments?

To the best of my knowledge, the true freshmen who played were Campbell (only a handful of special teams), Miller (important part of DL rotation), and Skowronek (marginal member of WR rotation).

Don't put a lot into warm-up's. Beyond what we've seen on the field out of those three guys, I don't think there are too many "more insightful assessments" to be made around here. Saunders looked like he had a college-ready body on senior tape and in person (similar to Kuhar). Bowman was supposedly close to burning his shirt early, but I'm not sure whether that was a way to increase competition amongst the WRs or a legitimate thing. Heard positive reports on Fisher, but those are third- or fourth-hand.

Edit: GCG beat me to it.

And may have imagined it, but did I see Bullock out there?

Edit: GCG beat me to it.

And may have imagined it, but did I see Bullock out there?

I do not think that you saw Bullock out there; he was on the two-deep for a game or two, but I do not recall him seeing any game action.

Not sure, but seems like a redshirt we might regret burning at some point in the future given how little he actually played.
I thought I saw him play in the secondary in one game. I was disappointed because I didn't think he had the size yet.

Not sure, but seems like a redshirt we might regret burning at some point in the future given how little he actually played.

I don't think we had any choice but to get him ready to play. Our corner depth was super thin at one point early in the season...he and Bullock were both on the two deep. One more injury and he would have been starting. Just glad we didn't have to burn Bullock's shirt too.

I don't think we had any choice but to get him ready to play. Our corner depth was super thin at one point early in the season...he and Bullock were both on the two deep. One more injury and he would have been starting. Just glad we didn't have to burn Bullock's shirt too.

He was playing special teams early in the year though. At that point we had Harris, Hartage, Williams, and Mayo healthy even after the Watkins injury. Once Harris went down, I would much rather have moved McShepard back sooner than burn Campbell's shirt.

Reactions: NUCats
Ha! Yeah I did! If you only knew how many times I've made that same mistake. Jesus, I'm getting old.

I'm not even going to fix it. I deserve what I get here.

That's alright. I keep calling Walker "Franklin" and Thompson "Jefferson". It's strange.

No. Zero catches in the Pinstripe Bowl. Finished the year with 8 catches for 70 yards... seems like "marginal" contribution to me.

I think he will get there but the game was a little fast for him, I think. I think I remember a couple of drops during the season. I don't think he is used to the traffic being a little taller and much faster than HS

I think he will get there but the game was a little fast for him, I think. I think I remember a couple of drops during the season. I don't think he is used to the traffic being a little taller and much faster than HS

You think? ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT