ADVERTISEMENT

Slater, Gaz both out for Chargers playoff game today with the Jags

WestCoastWildcat

May 29, 2001
Del Mar, CA
Slater is still on IR and won’t play today in the game with the Jags. He has returned to practice though and might see action if the Chargers advance. Gaz is still out with a groin injury.

Godwin will be in as a returner / special teamer for Seattle in the early game today.

Are there any others playing this weekend?

JJTBC, Lowry, Skowronek, and EBIV all missed the playoffs.

Reactions: eddie_gocats
Jaguars advance! Congrats to Hance.

Will Slater and Gazilla get Sean Payton as their next head coach now? He was a great HC for Strief & Siemian.
I think Staley’s job was in jeopardy going into this game. The Chargers d did a great job in the first half with many interceptions but along with the o had a miserable 2nd half. That was a brutal loss that will probably cost Staley his job. The Chargers just lost too many players, I think lack of depth drove their 2nd half downfall.

I think Staley’s job was in jeopardy going into this game. The Chargers d did a great job in the first half with many interceptions but along with the o had a miserable 2nd half. That was a brutal loss that will probably cost Staley his job. The Chargers just lost too many players, I think lack of depth drove their 2nd half downfall.

Staley is done. Maybe Fitz can bring back Cejda?

Seahawks also lost, though Godwin returned 6 kickoffs for 25 yard avg., including a 37 yarder.

Seahawks also lost, though Godwin returned 6 kickoffs for 25 yard avg., including a 37 yarder.
Bang bang Niner gang!

I’m sad Chargers won since Jacksonville was one of the most racist cities I ever visited.

The first player I would jettison is Bosa. He continuously lines up in the neutral zone and tossing his helmet cost the Chargers the game.
At the end of the first half the Chargers had 3rd and 6 inches after a questionable spot. They run a fake reverse with a substitute WR who runs into Herbert causing a fumble that led to a punt and Jaquars scoring a TD before halftime. I told my wife that botched play would determine the game(NU fan mindset)

Bosa lining up in neutral zone nullified a sack and tossing his helmet was the killer

I have been a fan of Herbert but he does have a low release and a lot of his passes get knocked down

The Chargers punter was terrible

How many pro teams would lose after snagging 4 INTs and have no turnovers themselves? The play call you mentioned with the sub coming in and botching the play did turn out to be a game-changing event but also demonstrated a really questionable call by the Chargers. Keep the drive alive and score with a shutout going into the half and it is game over. Except with the Chargers history of playoff futility you never know how they might find other ways to lose. Herbert is in his final year with his rookie contract so next season could be pivotal. Herbert has a lot of passes blocked by d-linemen, because of slow release and/or his height. He’s a legit qb and may improve with more experience but he does have some limitations that may dampen his potential to be a top qb including not being very mobile. Agree about Bosa, the helmet slamming was costly and he repeated it on the sidelines. He may be gone along with Staley. (I’m still rooting for Slater and Gaz to return next season.)

ADVERTISEMENT