ADVERTISEMENT

So do we already have a WildcatReport Pool winner?

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
Is there anyway that anyone in our pool could add enough additional points to challenge current number one FitzFan?

Number three is currently yours truly but only if North Carolina moves on to the championship game will it add points for me. Now if North Carolina not only moves on to the championship game, but also wins the championship I would end up with more points than the current number two since bwm57 at number two cannot add any points from a championship win. However since the current number one also has North Carolina slated to win it all the best I could do is end up at second.

Am I missing anything here? It does not look like anyone else could add enough points to get ahead of Fitzfan since no one else has a potential championship winner and it looks like the best anyone else (other than number 7 "Don't Pick Like Me" ) could do is add 160 points due to getting one of their final four picks still alive into the championship game - and that would have to be a team other than UNC. For example, number seven also has UNC as the championship winner so it would appear to remain a wash as to overtaking number one FitzFan who also has UNC taking it all.

Last edited:
OK, it does look like there is one possible person who could move into number one over FitzFan. BePex Operator (currently at number 12) has Gonzaga making it to the Championship Game. So if UNC loses to Oregon and Gonzaga advances then BePex could have a narrow point win to move into number one. (Everyone else with points still to get have UNC advancing so FitzFan will stay ahead if UNC advances)

It is important to note that BOTH UNC must lose and Gonzaga must win Saturday for the current number one to be unseated. If UNC also advances to the final game then FitzFan also gets an added 160 points to match BePex Operator's added 160 points from Gonzaga's advancing.

The 160 points added for BePex would bring the total to 800 while FitzFan would be stuck at 780 if UNC does not also advance to the Championship Game. (BePex does not have Gonzaga winning it all so the winner of the WildcatReport Pool would be decided Saturday if I have this right - and it could only be FitzFan or BePex.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT