ADVERTISEMENT

So glad Penn State didn't make the top 4 for a CFP slot

Sorry Pa, I can't stand Franklin and felt some satisfaction that PSU was not rewarded with a CFP playoff berth. I hate to rehash this but if any program deserved harsher sanctions it is Penn State. They were let off the hook way too soon.

You will be crying about sanctions worse next year when PSU beats you.

Reactions: JJTopp99
It's a pattern. Baylor will get a slap on the wrist for institutionalize pathological behavior. Both should get the death penalties

Nothing to do with it. Notice how Wisconsin and Michigan were on the outside looking in? Northwestern was out of it too but with your 6-6 record you were not in the running. If Clemson or Washington lost then PSU was in.

I found myself saying today that I hate Penn State more than I hate Ohio State and Iowa, which I never thought was possible, but it just bothers me too much that they are so good again already.
+1
I was really surprised they came back on Wisconsin. I didn't think they were as good as their record

Nothing to do with it. Notice how Wisconsin and Michigan were on the outside looking in? Northwestern was out of it too but with your 6-6 record you were not in the running. If Clemson or Washington lost then PSU was in.
This sums up PED state - the post quoted was about sanctions and what PED state and Baylor did and all this meathead wants to talk about is the football games and wins and bowl games. As long as they win, anything and really anything goes.

Just curious zwicker, you feel the sanctions were adequate and fit the crime?

People like sicker don't care that children were molested. They rather bury their heads in the sand about it.

Can someone remind me again when a Franklin led team beat Northwestern? What is his record against us? I seem to have forgotten.

Today Alabama was selected #1 and Ohio State #3. Today, Alabama starting middle linebacker Shaun Dion Hamilton serious knee injury out of the season. A conference winner who didn't have a bye week. No talk about how a team - that did not win the conference - was given a bye week and gets in ! I'm sure Alabama would have preferred the bye week and not lost 2 starters having to play in a meaningless conference championship game...

Reactions: President Stache
People like sicker don't care that children were molested. They rather bury their heads in the sand about it.

Can someone remind me again when a Franklin led team beat Northwestern? What himis his record against us? I seem to have forgotten.
It really takes a lot of effort to get me to dislike someone more than Michigag or Ill-noise bit they managed to do it. Child rape will do that

This actually covers it fairly well:
http://www.theonion.com/article/penn-state-staff-unsure-what-do-breathtakingly-inn-54803

“But he kept on sending them, and when we eventually opened one up, we found the most incredible and revolutionary defensive ideas that any of us had ever seen. This stuff makes the 1985 Bears and the Steelers’ ‘Steel Curtain’ look like nothing. I’m telling you, these schemes would change the way people think about defense in football forever.”

“Jerry Sandusky is a sick, despicable human being who deserves to be in jail for the rest of his life,” Franklin continued. “But I have to say, he is also possibly the most brilliant defensive mind in the history of football.”

"genius genius genius genius rapist I guess genius genius go lions"

Would you also like the university to turn its head on children being raped? Just want to know where exactly you will draw the line.

I would like you to find a single person on this board who has been more critical of Penn State than I have. They are a despicable institution that covered up the actions of a child rapist for decades and they should have had their football program taken away.

I'm simply saying that the superiority complex this board has against James Franklin is going to look sillier and sillier if he continues to win championships while we never finish higher than second in our own division.

I would like you to find a single person on this board who has been more critical of Penn State than I have. They are a despicable institution that covered up the actions of a child rapist for decades and they should have had their football program taken away.

I'm simply saying that the superiority complex this board has against James Franklin is going to look sillier and sillier if he continues to win championships while we never finish higher than second in our own division.

I actually was putting down the troll who came over from the Penn State board. You decided to spoil it with your rant.

As far as winning championships, I seriously doubt you could have put Franklin here the last ten years and seen any better. And as he shown at Vanderbilt, he would not have hung around more than a year or two anyway before he would have left. So, dream about how he or another coach would have gotten us a championship by now. Marvel when someone takes over at Wisconsin, Nebraska, or Penn State and gets the team a division championship. But remember when we do get there about all the had god damn work and effort it took to turn the reputation of this program around to get the right people and the right recruits to get there because that is what those other schools have. Tradition. Reputation. And a fanbase that will take the ups and downs with them.

Today Alabama was selected #1 and Ohio State #3. Today, Alabama starting middle linebacker Shaun Dion Hamilton serious knee injury out of the season. A conference winner who didn't have a bye week. No talk about how a team - that did not win the conference - was given a bye week and gets in ! I'm sure Alabama would have preferred the bye week and not lost 2 starters having to play in a meaningless conference championship game...
I made this post to high-light the imperfect situation that the BCS selection committee had to choose from. I, under-no-circumstance was advocating for Penn State to be the representative. Here, it is clear that the BCS really had the winner of the OSU vs Michigan game going into the playoff. Again, this was considered the Big-Ten championship game and whomever won that game would be the Big-Ten representative.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT