ADVERTISEMENT

Softball and Baseball

mikewebb68

Oct 24, 2009
Both off to a good start this weekend, guaranteeing series wins in conference. The softball team, over a struggling Nebby squad, did not surprise me. The baseball one, over a decent OSU squad, did...

Nice to see a undefeated weekend thus far!

Reactions: Titanium999
Both off to a good start this weekend, guaranteeing series wins in conference. The softball team, over a struggling Nebby squad, did not surprise me. The baseball one, over a decent OSU squad, did...

Nice to see a undefeated weekend thus far!
A particular shout-out to the Baseballers. Spencer Allen is making progress in just his second season. Much more competitive eaerly on than in prior years.

Sweeps for baseball and softball today. Has to be the first time that has happened in conference play in awhile. Stunned that baseball in particular went to OSU and swept them after their rough start to the season....

Sweeps for baseball and softball today. Has to be the first time that has happened in conference play in awhile. Stunned that baseball in particular went to OSU and swept them after their rough start to the season....
Softball starts 9-0 in the B1G for the first time in a decade. They were ranked #26 lsat week and should move up. Having a dominant pitcher is the key. Danielle Williams has 178 K's in just 131 innings and a 1.07 ERA.

Dang.

Reactions: NUCat320
Softball starts 9-0 in the B1G for the first time in a decade. They were ranked #26 lsat week and should move up. Having a dominant pitcher is the key. Danielle Williams has 178 K's in just 131 innings and a 1.07 ERA.

Dang.

I'll admit, I am usually bored by women's sports but hitting a softball from a dominant pitcher takes special skills.

I had the honor but not the pleasure of batting against Eddie Feigner. If anyone wants to see what a dominant softball pitcher is, check out his career

Last edited:
Reactions: olshin
I'll admit, I am usually bored by women's sports but hitting a softball from a dominant pitcher
takes special skills.

I had the honor but not the pleasure of batting against Eddie Feigner. If anyone wants to see what a dominant softball pitcher is, check out his career
Man, Eddie is a blast from the past. The King!

Apparently, that was baseball's first 3-game series sweep of OSU in program history...

Another day, another win for softball, this time over a solid 24-win Notre Dame ballclub who has beaten three ranked teams this season. We improve to 29-7 with the win.

Collegiate softball is a wonderful sport. Infielders need to be flawless. Intensity is always high. I’m taking my five year old daughter to watch Ga Tech this weekend.

Another day, another win for softball, this time over a solid 24-win Notre Dame ballclub who has beaten three ranked teams this season. We improve to 29-7 with the win.

Cats are ranked #21 in the NCAA Softball poll.

I think the team is at 30 wins with the victory over ND. ..and still undefeated in the B1G.

Another win for softball over #25 Wisconsin tonight 4-1, 31-7 now and a perfect 10-0 in the BIG! Baseball snaps its 4-game winning streak, though, losing to Maryland 13-8 to go back to .500 overall (15-15). Still 4-3 in conference with a doubleheader tomorrow...

Another win for softball over #25 Wisconsin tonight 4-1, 31-7 now and a perfect 10-0 in the BIG! Baseball snaps its 4-game winning streak, though, losing to Maryland 13-8 to go back to .500 overall (15-15). Still 4-3 in conference with a doubleheader tomorrow...
Both teams picked up W's in the first of two for each today......

Reactions: mikewebb68
Both teams picked up W's in the first of two for each today......

Unfortunately the baseball team lost another slugfest in the second game to drop to 16-16 (but still above .500 in BIG play at 5-4, which is nice...). But the softball team had a walkoff in the 10th inning, giving them a sweep over Wisky and improving to 33-7 and just an incredible 12-0 in BIG play...Don't know how long they can keep it up (Danielle Williams, who is now 21-3, threw 160(!!!) pitches today, got the win, but is starting to show signs of overwork), but it is quite fun to watch for the moment!

She gets 6 days off, rest that left paw!

Yup. They let her pitch 10 innings (!) and she gave up 4 runs, so clearly she is wearing down a bit since she usually allows 0 or 1 run (like she just did Friday night).

What an impressive series sweep, though. Wisconsin had lost 5 games ALL SEASON coming in, until they lost three this weekend! We should get quite a bump in the rankings, since Wisky was #25.,,

EDIT: And previously undefeated Michigan only took 2 of 3 from OSU this weekend, so we are in sole possession of first place with 10 games to play! We also only have one upper division team left on our schedule (Minny) so that's a huge plus!

Last edited:
Reactions: Titanium999
Yup. They let her pitch 10 innings (!) and she gave up 4 runs, so clearly she is wearing down a bit since she usually allows 0 or 1 run (like she just did Friday night).

What an impressive series sweep, though. Wisconsin had lost 5 games ALL SEASON coming in, until they lost three this weekend! We should get quite a bump in the rankings, since Wisky was #25.,,

EDIT: And previously undefeated Michigan only took 2 of 3 from OSU this weekend, so we are in sole possession of first place with 10 games to play! We also only have one upper division team left on our schedule (Minny) so that's a huge plus!
It's too bad NU doesn't play Michigan this year in the regular season. Comparing records, NU did better against UNC and Louisville in the non con, but would like to see Leaders play one of the Legends of B1G softball.

It's too bad NU doesn't play Michigan this year in the regular season. Comparing records, NU did better against UNC and Louisville in the non con, but would like to see Leaders play one of the Legends of B1G softball.
Will probably play them in the BTT if form holds.

Wow! We are playing well!

Baseball swept today: but really should not have happened; errors turned one game today from a win to a loss. Softball: keeps on trucking todsy: sweeping Purdue with a 6-3 win to remain undefeated in BIG play at 15-0. Schedule does them no favors with a quick turnaround doubleheader vs. Illinois on Tuesday.

Reactions: DaCat
Softball vs. LOLinois is on BTN now. Cats up 2-0 after 1 inning.

Won game 1 vs. LOLinois, 8-0 run rule. That was fun. The frosh on this team are outstanding, NU is gonna be a powerhouse for the next several years.

Won game 1 vs. LOLinois, 8-0 run rule. That was fun. The frosh on this team are outstanding, NU is gonna be a powerhouse for the next several years.
Sweep!!!!
Cats win 4-2 on a grand slam from the first year catcher Jordan Rudd.

Amazing to see Williams give up a 2 run dinger.....

Reactions: DaCat
The Cats have a lot of positive energy, led by the frosh like Skyler Shellmyer and Danielle Williams. Four frosh are starting, and the team chemistry is amazing. 17-0 in the B1G now.

Reactions: Noah121
Sweep!!!!
Cats win 4-2 on a grand slam from the first year catcher Jordan Rudd.

Amazing to see Williams give up a 2 run dinger.....
She gave up 3 homers to the same Purdue player over the weekend. Guessing she is tiring a bit: but it was the right call to start her in game 2 after the first one only lasted 5 innings...tough to get a sweep vs. a good hitting Illini team (and a rare major sport Illini team that actually has a winning record) any other way...

ADVERTISEMENT