ADVERTISEMENT

Some very nice minutes from Verhoeven

He usually gives up a couple of ‘easy’ shots a game, kicking it out without looking for the net.

With the caveat that Minnesota is not a good basketball team: Yes, the minutes from Verhoeven and Martinelli were very welcome today.

Hope Roper gets healthy soon though, we need him.

• Love
Reactions: Dugan15 and drewjin
With the caveat that Minnesota is not a good basketball team: Yes, the minutes from Verhoeven and Martinelli were very welcome today.

Hope Roper gets healthy soon though, we need him.
Well, what do you want vs a not good opponent? A pretty easy win, not in doubt, with rest for your starters and positive contributions from your bench. I’d say we checked all the items on today’s list.

Well, what do you want vs a not good opponent? A pretty easy win, not in doubt, with rest for your starters and positive contributions from your bench. I’d say we checked all the items on today’s list.
100% agree, just pointing out that it might be unreasonable to extrapolate how he did today onto future games. Happy to be wrong though.

Biggest item checked in the second half was no injuries, other than maybe a jammed pinky finger on Audige or whatever that was.

He usually gives up a couple of ‘easy’ shots a game, kicking it out without looking for the net.
He's capable of scoring a little more than he does. Either it's a confidence thing or he's doing what the coaches instruct.

Reactions: drewjin
Was surprised to see Collins with 4 starters on the floor with a 20 point lead and 3 minutes to play. The only starter sitting was the one with the least experience (Nicholson).

Buie and Audige each played 37 minutes.

Reactions: benoitdenizetl
Was surprised to see Collins with 4 starters on the floor with a 20 point lead and 3 minutes to play. The only starter sitting was the one with the least experience (Nicholson).

Buie and Audige each played 37 minutes.
They did, though we also slowed the pace of play significantly for what seemed a decent chunk of the second half.

Reactions: MC_Cat and drewjin
Boo was walking the ball up the court a lot, and I think they started going to 10 secs left before initiating a play for the last five minutes or so. I was irritated at that, but realize the kids are probably tired so it serves more than one purpose.

Verhoeven does his thing, lots of little fundamental stuff w/o having to put up a ton of shots....reminds me of Lumpkin in that way.

Reactions: MC_Cat and drewjin
Verhoeven does his thing, lots of little fundamental stuff w/o having to put up a ton of shots....reminds me of Lumpkin in that way.
Totally different players imo. Lumpkin is an infinitely better defender and iq on off ball movement was much better.

Good contributions from him and the bench overall. We could easily have won by 30, but we took the air out of the ball pretty early on, and used a lot of bench minutes to get a lot of our starters some rest.
Why does he foul so early and often after entering a game?

TV also has the bad habit of setting the pick and then lifting his foot and sliding into the path of the defender as Boo goes by him.

A lot of his recent touch fouls and under the basket fouls have been bogus as snot, but if I were a ref both he and Matt would foul out for their shoddy picks up top.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT