ADVERTISEMENT

Something is Rotten in the state of Minnesota: 10 players suspended for the Holiday Bowl

Big deal, get someone else. I usually support the players, but what they did in boycotting until all 10 players were reinstated was disgraceful. Claeys is an ignoramus for his tweet, have fun with those teammates.

I agree completely. One would think it best to exercise a little more caution before throwing support behind accused gang rapists. Was just using that tweet to show that Andries seems unlikely to decommit at this point. Might change if Claeys is indeed let go.

The Hennepin County District attorney declines to press charges in part based on a video showing the woman having sex with 2 men and enjoying it. The woman removes her tampon prior to engaging in consensual sex. One of the men is a 17 year old recruit and she is 21. She gives one account to the police immediately and another weeks later to the EOAA. She is admittedly intoxicated and not sure if 10 or 20 men had sex with her. The 7 men who had sex with her say it was consensual. She pleads the 5th at a court hearing involving a restraining order and when it is reduced to virtually nothing she is quoted as saying she is glad the whole matter is over. The EOAA is composed of 5 university women and 1 man. The EOAA does not allow the players to contest their findings or have any legal representation. The EOAA is accountable to no one. The EOAA report is based on infereences and interpretation of events recalled by intoxicated participants. The EOAA does not have access to the 90 second video of the sexual activity. The EOAA is a kangaroo court and and gets to act as judge, jury and executioner. The behavior of all involved is deplorable, disgusting and immoral. What constitutes fair punishment is very much in question.

The Hennepin County District attorney declines to press charges in part based on a video showing the woman having sex with 2 men and enjoying it. The woman removes her tampon prior to engaging in consensual sex. One of the men is a 17 year old recruit and she is 21. She gives one account to the police immediately and another weeks later to the EOAA. She is admittedly intoxicated and not sure if 10 or 20 men had sex with her. The 7 men who had sex with her say it was consensual. She pleads the 5th at a court hearing involving a restraining order and when it is reduced to virtually nothing she is quoted as saying she is glad the whole matter is over. The EOAA is composed of 5 university women and 1 man. The EOAA does not allow the players to contest their findings or have any legal representation. The EOAA is accountable to no one. The EOAA report is based on infereences and interpretation of events recalled by intoxicated participants. The EOAA does not have access to the 90 second video of the sexual activity. The EOAA is a kangaroo court and and gets to act as judge, jury and executioner. The behavior of all involved is deplorable, disgusting and immoral. What constitutes fair punishment is very much in question.

Take your crap somewhere else. Disgusting behavior by your players.

Reactions: NUCat320 and Fitz51
Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Interesting that you would make such a statement. Did you read the transcripts in detail? I did. What I read turned my stomach, and it should turn yours as well. If it doesn't then you and I hold completely different sets of values when it comes to how we should deal with with women.

Please, you trying to defend it is deplorable and disgusting. I could care less if it was consensual (which is a major stretch when it comes 10 or 20 men) but your players clearly have no concept of right from wrong. Were they raised in a barn? You would think a player after number 3-4 would have stepped up and stopped this realizing the consequences for all involved. Instead, they took advantage of the situation and used this woman as their sex toy. Pillars of society. I bet you never even read the report, just dismissed it because it fits your narrative.

Heaven help us if you are a real MD, but your players involved in this, your players with their ill conceived boycott, your head coach, and NOW you are deplorable. Go commiserate with the rest of the Minny alumni, fans, etc that somehow think these guys should be on the field. You are Baylor waiting to happen. Later.

Look the behavior was despicable described in the EOAA report but this again was the recollections of an woman weeks after the event and undoubtedly coached by friends, her mother and who knows. She cannot recall if there were 10 or 20 men and there is NO corroborating evidence that she protested any of the activity. Based on the available evidence my question is what is reasonable punishment and would you like to judged and sentenced by such flimsy evidence?

Look the behavior was despicable described in the EOAA report but this again was the recollections of an woman weeks after the event and undoubtedly coached by friends, her mother and who knows. She cannot recall if there were 10 or 20 men and there is NO corroborating evidence that she protested any of the activity. Based on the available evidence my question is what is reasonable punishment and would you like to judged and sentenced by such flimsy evidence?

It's not a criminal case. They represent your university so your school has to ultimately decide what is reasonable punishment. If it was NU, I would want the participants expelled. If they were deemed to just be bystanders that knew what was going on and took no action to stop it, I would want at least a one year suspension and would probably lean towards getting rid of them too.

You might say flimsy evidence, but what hasn't been denied is these players lined up for a gang bang of a female student at your school. I am sure most never saw her before or after the incident. Just line up and have your way. Criminal no, but devoid of any moral compass for sure. I wouldn't want them representing my school, consensual or not.

And now McGhee is ejected from his third game of the year. Something is not right around the program in Minnesota.

gocatsgo2003: And now McGhee is ejected from his third game of the year. Something is not right around the program in Minnesota.

And to my eye most damning, it is greeted by sideline teammates and seemingly being commended as if he'd made a clean and outstanding play. No, he's just been ejected for targeting. I feel the team's responses reflects coaching, and not just the head coach either. It's part of their culture.

This thread makes me laugh anyone that thinks the players at NU aren't doing the exact same thing is in total denial or living in candy land. There is dirty underbelly in college sports and it's not just confined to a few rogue schools as many here would like to believe.

We had extensive discussions on this as can be seen. I guess my question for you would be whether you would like for the code of student conduct for your school to say that gang bangs are okay as long as it is not completely clear that it is nonconsensual. Because that would be the result of any other ruling by your university.

This thread makes me laugh anyone that thinks the players at NU aren't doing the exact same thing is in total denial or living in candy land. There is dirty underbelly in college sports and it's not just confined to a few rogue schools as many here would like to believe.

Well, this post makes me laugh at you, so let's call it even. Thanks for the amusement though!

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Jesus, and you are an MD? You don't understand what constitutes rape from a woman's point of view? Clearly you understand what it means from a man's point of view, which apparently is if a woman is drunk and she smiles, she wants to be be fu*ked by everyone in the room. What a frickin' cretin. I didn't think there were people like you left in Minnesota.

Last edited:
We believe that the few rogue schools are the ones that are teaching and enforcing ethics training in their athletic departments. Based on recent documented facts, we have reason to believe that NU is one of those rogue schools.

Except they're not. Not even close.

gocatsgo2003: And now McGhee is ejected from his third game of the year. Something is not right around the program in Minnesota.

And to my eye most damning, it is greeted by sideline teammates and seemingly being commended as if he'd made a clean and outstanding play. No, he's just been ejected for targeting. I feel the team's responses reflects coaching, and not just the head coach either. It's part of their culture.
They won. Anyone want to give odds on the chances of severe consequences for Claeys?

Sexual assault stuff aside, they played one helluva a game. I was rooting for them despite them being a bunch of thugs.

Sexual assault stuff aside, they played one helluva a game. I was rooting for them despite them being a bunch of thugs.
Sorry Tejas I can't agree. I think their program should face some kind of sanctions from the BigTen and the NCAA and they should not have played in a bowl game.

Some of the Minny fans posting here have the same attitiude as the PSU fans who posted here with blinders on. Shame on the Minny players and football staff. They should not have been allowed to participate in any post-season bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT