ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like ST sales are up

hdhntr1

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2006
To over 23K. They cannot talk about it but...Maybe it gets to 25K or more. It is going to be tough to get those extra tickets for ND based on 25K ST, 5k students 5k to ND, BIG gets some, Presidents office gets some, likely some other commitments as well. Sounds like we will be lucky to see even 5k to ST holders requesting extra.

To over 23K. They cannot talk about it but...Maybe it gets to 25K or more. It is going to be tough to get those extra tickets for ND based on 25K ST, 5k students 5k to ND, BIG gets some, Presidents office gets some, likely some other commitments as well. Sounds like we will be lucky to see even 5k to ST holders requesting extra.
You can probably get them in Nebraska or Michigan.

Good!! Let’s fill those seats Cat fans! Excited to start getting that home field advantage. The game that stands out to me is Ohio State 2013... what a crushing disappointment- SOOOOO close and I think the season would have gone MUCH different had we won that game that night. But hindsight...

Good!! Let’s fill those seats Cat fans! Excited to start getting that home field advantage. The game that stands out to me is Ohio State 2013... what a crushing disappointment- SOOOOO close and I think the season would have gone MUCH different had we won that game that night. But hindsight...
And not gotten guys hurt

Kain made 1st down

I would rather sit next to an empty seat.
Probably will be an empty seat except for the one game they want. I don’t see how it is cheaper for them to buy season tickets and only go to the one game they and try to flip all the other games instead of just buying good seats for that one game on stub hub.

I would rather sit next to an empty seat.
me too. I'd rather have 25,000 purple in attendance plus nothing. But hdhnr is incorrect. The number will be north of 25,000, Most likely closer to 35,000 STH, thousands of which only paid $185 for an endzone seat.
I mean, when you look at the single game map of the other games, there are few seats remaining in the endzone. Looks like tons of ND fans gobbled up ST.

I don't think it will matter though, enough Chicago fans hate ND as well so if we are winning, then they may show up in purple.

me too. I'd rather have 25,000 purple in attendance plus nothing. But hdhnr is incorrect. The number will be north of 25,000, Most likely closer to 35,000 STH, thousands of which only paid $185 for an endzone seat.
I mean, when you look at the single game map of the other games, there are few seats remaining in the endzone. Looks like tons of ND fans gobbled up ST.

I don't think it will matter though, enough Chicago fans hate ND as well so if we are winning, then they may show up in purple.
I don't see non NU fans showing up to cheer against ND. Maybe some STH share their tickets with ND haters but people have their own teams to watch on TV.

I don't see non NU fans showing up to cheer against ND. Maybe some STH share their tickets with ND haters but people have their own teams to watch on TV.
Either ESPN or another major outlet has Notre Dame as ranked #5th right now. Prior to playing NU, they have all home games, except a trip to Wake Forest, and one in October to VT. That VT game may be the only game in which they are not favorites. They open with Michigan at Notre Dame. If they win that, they are on their way. And anything with National Championship implications will drive up interest from non NU fans who like college football.

Either ESPN or another major outlet has Notre Dame as ranked #5th right now. Prior to playing NU, they have all home games, except a trip to Wake Forest, and one in October to VT. That VT game may be the only game in which they are not favorites. They open with Michigan at Notre Dame. If they win that, they are on their way. And anything with National Championship implications will drive up interest from non NU fans who like college football.

They also have a game in San Diego against Navy the week before facing NU.

So, do we pull for Michigan to derail their train early and support a B1G team or do we pull for ND in the hope of beating them in a more hyped game and beating Michigan via transitive property?

All I mean, GCG, is that I have seen many times from the outside and the inside how heightened stakes can make pain seem invisible in sports- I cite Michael Jordan’s heightened temperature during the finals, Ty Detmer’s broken collarbone drying his Holiday Bowl game, Ronnie Lott cutting his finger off to play in the Super Bowl game... and yes I am aware that some painkillers may have been involved, but none better than adrenaline.

Just my opinion anyway.

Probably will be an empty seat except for the one game they want. I don’t see how it is cheaper for them to buy season tickets and only go to the one game they and try to flip all the other games instead of just buying good seats for that one game on stub hub.
Most years it wouldn't work but this season the schedule is so strong that it will. Basically they can recoup the cost of the ST with the other games because the season is so strong. Mich, WI,and NEB as well for ND fans, Other fans get to sell ND tickets.

Reactions: Fitz51
Most years it wouldn't work but this season the schedule is so strong that it will. Basically they can recoup the cost of the ST with the other games because the season is so strong. Mich, WI,and NEB as well for ND fans, Other fans get to sell ND tickets.
You’re probably right. Seems like a pain in the neck to go through, but fans do strange things sometimes.

You’re probably right. Seems like a pain in the neck to go through, but fans do strange things sometimes.
It is also possible that it is the only way to get decent seats for the game. And have to have ST to buy a parking pass. Lowest price about 280 for that game

It's not difficult at all. You can put all the other games up on a secondary broker site like StubHub in less than 10 minutes and they'll sell themselves. At this point the technology is so good that once you upload the tickets, many sites can read the section and seat numbers, so you don't even have to key that information in. Profit is virtually guaranteed this season. I can honestly say if I weren't an NU fan, I would have bought a few sets of season tickets for this very purpose.

Reactions: hdhntr1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT