ADVERTISEMENT

South Golf Lot Parking.

hdhntr1

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2006
Have a SGL pass and got turned away and sent to the Medical lot. Had a prior commitment and got there later than usual (about 6) Saw others getting turned away as well. NU better get their act together because this was against AKRON. What happens against Mich, NEB, ND and WISC? Will be a lot of really pissed people

Have a SGL pass and got turned away and sent to the Medical lot. Had a prior commitment and got there later than usual (about 6) Saw others getting turned away as well. NU better get their act together because this was against AKRON. What happens against Mich, NEB, ND and WISC? Will be a lot of really pissed people
All you need to do is "donate" $6,000 and you can park anywhere you want.

They’re also not thoroughly checking parking passes if at all.

In addition, effective the Michigan game going forward no more parking on the parking lot surface for tailgating.

Let the S*it show begin

I got turned away too just before 6. I thought I paid for the lot otherwise I would not have got parking. They sent us to the hospital, where I have no interest in being.

I got turned away too just before 6. I thought I paid for the lot otherwise I would not have got parking. They sent us to the hospital, where I have no interest in being.
They got some splainin to do. I told a fans services guy last night and I will be calling the ticket agent tomorrow.

Last edited:
It doesn’t help that the “staff” running the South Golf parking all act like they have never been there before.
I’m pretty sure that they actually haven’t.

Keeps getting better and better pay no attention to the man behind curtain.

Keeps getting better and better pay no attention to the man behind curtain.
Yep, no need for the current administration to care about long time ST holders and supporters. It's just follow the money, b.s..

That is just insane incompetence. But that has always been the case with there and with game tickets as well. Up until they went with scanners they used to accept anything with a perforation.

Reactions: HappyNUyear
When we pulled into the Central golf lot, we tried to show the guy at the entrance our pass, and he said “i don’t need to see it.” You don’t need to see the permit for a limited space parking lot?! Also, if they aren’t scanning or collecting the passes, what is to prevent people from double using a parking pass? If I had gotten turned away like the OP, i would be livid.

Reactions: ricko654321
We get to our lot early and tailgate for the four allowable hours before the game. The two games so far the attendants where more concerned with providing us with the clear bag policy then verifying parking passes.

We have been in the SGC lot since they started using it. Again we are amongst the first that show up every week. Yesterday we were approached by 2 Canal Shores, 3 NU representatives and 2 police officers. We were instructed going forward that we as well as anybody are no longer allowed to tailgate in the paved portion of the SGC lot. Don’t know why they felt they needed a law enforcement presence, but so be it.

I guess we just have to move to the fairway.

Reactions: ricko654321
When we pulled into the Central golf lot, we tried to show the guy at the entrance our pass, and he said “i don’t need to see it.” You don’t need to see the permit for a limited space parking lot?! Also, if they aren’t scanning or collecting the passes, what is to prevent people from double using a parking pass? If I had gotten turned away like the OP, i would be livid.

Same here. The attendants are lost this year. Another cost cutting move that backfires.

I was and am.

All you need to do is "donate" $6,000 and you can park anywhere you want.
Not true. You can nab a parking pass for a $100 donation, for the North or Central Golf Lot. People just had to get on the waiting list and were called. About $310.
I was in the west lot and it filled up for Akron. I'm wondering if they did the waiting list thing for the West lot as well because it was packed against Akron.
But, night games are well attended because more famiilies attend. The attendance was every bit of 35,000. Paid I think over 40,000.

Not true. You can nab a parking pass for a $100 donation, for the North or Central Golf Lot. People just had to get on the waiting list and were called. About $310.
I was in the west lot and it filled up for Akron. I'm wondering if they did the waiting list thing for the West lot as well because it was packed against Akron.
But, night games are well attended because more famiilies attend. The attendance was every bit of 35,000. Paid I think over 40,000.

East lot also very full last night.

Same here. The attendants are lost this year. Another cost cutting move that backfires.
They have been terrible.
We were told by at least three different parking people that everyone had to stay away from the hill by the river, particularly children, because the area was so dangerous.
We have been in the South lot for six years and I have never seen anyone get injured on the “dangerous” hill.
It’s like they are making things up to change in the lot to make themselves feel important.

Advised by NU security get to lot early for remaining games there's a glitch in the matrix.

To sit there, none. To actually take the pass...

You see, you know how to *take* the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the holding. Anybody can just take them.

To sit there, none. To actually take the pass...
I am in the East Lot and they did not collect my parking pass or tear off the perforated end for either game. Anyone could have walked out and gave (or sold) it to someone else. Also, the people directing the cars on where to park were very disorganized and there were numerous open spots in each row. The problem partly lies with cars that want to tailgate and need a parking spot where the trunk of the car is out to the lane.

I am in the East Lot and they did not collect my parking pass or tear off the perforated end for either game. Anyone could have walked out and gave (or sold) it to someone else. Also, the people directing the cars on where to park were very disorganized and there were numerous open spots in each row. The problem partly lies with cars that want to tailgate and need a parking spot where the trunk of the car is out to the lane.
Have they changed vendors? Last few seasons it felt like the people working the lots were affiliated with NU. Maybe students with some professional supervision. Seems like an opportunity for some student work to pay the bills.

The parking passes have a bar code, yet I haven’t seen an attendant with a scanner. I can’t remember if they scanned last year or tore off the bottom, but I know I had to produce the ticket. The lots were full for Akron and I am betting some have already figured out you can use the same pass for multiple cars. Some have said they didn’t get in their assigned lot and had to go to the hospital lot. This could be one of the reasons.

I also expect the attendant to be able to answer simple questions. You know like, can I park over there instead the space you are forcing me into? At the risk of not being PC on a NU board, I want them to be able to communicate in English. Grunts and pointing are ok in carnival rides, but not parking my car. Something has changed and it is clearly worse than before, but I Bet it’s more cost effective. Where is my game day survey?

The Parking Lots on Game-Day are handled by Standard Parking.

This years problem is occurring at all lots and will be dealt with this week and/or next week

First time poster here........Long time reader.....also a first time STH.....Don't worry guys I'm going to all games minus Michigan (stupid Brother-in-law's wedding).....Never drove myself to any games previous to this season, but this concerns me. I do not have a parking pass yet (will try to get one next year). I bought a pass on stubhub for the Akron game in the covered lot. I could have been turned away after spending 20 on a parkind pass then going to spend 20 somewhere else to park. I've been to several B1G stadiums and NU is easily the worst for parking and getting to the stadium.

Reactions: lunker35
First time poster here........Long time reader.....also a first time STH.....Don't worry guys I'm going to all games minus Michigan (stupid Brother-in-law's wedding).....Never drove myself to any games previous to this season, but this concerns me. I do not have a parking pass yet (will try to get one next year). I bought a pass on stubhub for the Akron game in the covered lot. I could have been turned away after spending 20 on a parkind pass then going to spend 20 somewhere else to park. I've been to several B1G stadiums and NU is easily the worst for parking and getting to the stadium.
There is also free parking available on campus with shuttle bus service and not too bad of a walk if you don’t mind some exercise.
Maybe not optimal, but it’s a possibility.
Welcome to the board.

There is also free parking available on campus with shuttle bus service and not too bad of a walk if you don’t mind some exercise.
Maybe not optimal, but it’s a possibility.
Welcome to the board.

Thanks. I looked into it quite extensively....never paid attention before this year since I was never the one driving......I just want my space available if I happened to pay for it. That's all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT