ADVERTISEMENT

South Golf Lot Parking.

Thanks,yes they fixed the potholes but evicted long time fans and supporters.

That's because YOU ARE the guys who caused the potholes. They're only protecting themselves from further damage from you guys.

Have they changed vendors? Last few seasons it felt like the people working the lots were affiliated with NU. Maybe students with some professional supervision. Seems like an opportunity for some student work to pay the bills.

The parking passes have a bar code, yet I haven’t seen an attendant with a scanner. I can’t remember if they scanned last year or tore off the bottom, but I know I had to produce the ticket. The lots were full for Akron and I am betting some have already figured out you can use the same pass for multiple cars. Some have said they didn’t get in their assigned lot and had to go to the hospital lot. This could be one of the reasons.

I also expect the attendant to be able to answer simple questions. You know like, can I park over there instead the space you are forcing me into? At the risk of not being PC on a NU board, I want them to be able to communicate in English. Grunts and pointing are ok in carnival rides, but not parking my car. Something has changed and it is clearly worse than before, but I Bet it’s more cost effective. Where is my game day survey?
I think they also have detachable strips.

First time poster here........Long time reader.....also a first time STH.....Don't worry guys I'm going to all games minus Michigan (stupid Brother-in-law's wedding).....Never drove myself to any games previous to this season, but this concerns me. I do not have a parking pass yet (will try to get one next year). I bought a pass on stubhub for the Akron game in the covered lot. I could have been turned away after spending 20 on a parkind pass then going to spend 20 somewhere else to park. I've been to several B1G stadiums and NU is easily the worst for parking and getting to the stadium.
Actually the medical building lot is the worst and you cannot tailgate. It is the least desirable of the lots. It was better when it was across the street.

First time poster here........Long time reader.....also a first time STH.....Don't worry guys I'm going to all games minus Michigan (stupid Brother-in-law's wedding).....Never drove myself to any games previous to this season, but this concerns me. I do not have a parking pass yet (will try to get one next year). I bought a pass on stubhub for the Akron game in the covered lot. I could have been turned away after spending 20 on a parkind pass then going to spend 20 somewhere else to park. I've been to several B1G stadiums and NU is easily the worst for parking and getting to the stadium.
I would disagree. There is actually a fair bit of parking within a reasonable distance. Lots are smaller and a bit more disjointed. I have easily walked 1.5 to 2 miles to get to WIS stadium. MN as well. But much of NU game day parking is not on NU grounds.

I would disagree. There is actually a fair bit of parking within a reasonable distance. Lots are smaller and a bit more disjointed. I have easily walked 1.5 to 2 miles to get to WIS stadium. MN as well. But much of NU game day parking is not on NU grounds.
Yep, also PSU, other B1G stadiums (even Illinois!), NFL stadiums, etc. If you need to fit in that many cars by necessity it gets distributed over a large area.

Reactions: hdhntr1
Yep, also PSU, other B1G stadiums (even Illinois!), NFL stadiums, etc. If you need to fit in that many cars by necessity it gets distributed over a large area.
We are spoiled in a lot of ways. Not in all ways but as far as parking, seating etc. I could still use more spoiling in record though

Thanks. I looked into it quite extensively....never paid attention before this year since I was never the one driving......I just want my space available if I happened to pay for it. That's all.

If you bought it on StubHub, you didn’t technically pay for it so far as NU is concerned. Not that it should make a difference on game day experience, but they’re actively trying to stop secondary market sales of tickets/passes wherever possible.

but they’re actively trying to stop secondary market sales of tickets/passes wherever possible.
Huh....is Gold Coast Tickets still gonna have a banner in the new WRA? See the banner between the baseline video and the overhead screen......

"Any Ticket.
Any Where"
GoldCoastTickets.com"

NW-Welsh-2-e1455364987668.jpg

I did call the ticket office this past week and speak with them about all of the problems that have been detailed in this thread and was assured that it will be different for the upcoming games.
Hopefully this is true because if it was that screwed up for Akron I can’t even imagine what it will be like for the next four games.
Curious, who else contacted ticket office/event staff and voiced your concerns?

If you bought it on StubHub, you didn’t technically pay for it so far as NU is concerned. Not that it should make a difference on game day experience, but they’re actively trying to stop secondary market sales of tickets/passes wherever possible.

I get that, but my pass looked just like a game ticket so how would they know if I was the original holder or not. Same goes for an owner of a parking permit. If the staff is too lazy to scan or tear off the ticket and then dishonest people are doing the passback to get their friends into the lot, it's not really fair to those who pay a lot of money to get those passes.

On a side note, which lot is the best to tailgate in? Looking to get into a lot for a few of the upcoming games.

I did call the ticket office this past week and speak with them about all of the problems that have been detailed in this thread and was assured that it will be different for the upcoming games.
Hopefully this is true because if it was that screwed up for Akron I can’t even imagine what it will be like for the next four games.

I did and spoke with Operations, who actually called me back

Reactions: Bwm57
Well at least that’s two ...
I was hoping some others actually contacted them in addition to commenting here.
It’s going to be a mess when the later games come if they don’t make some changes.
I did contact them too.

I get that, but my pass looked just like a game ticket so how would they know if I was the original holder or not. Same goes for an owner of a parking permit. If the staff is too lazy to scan or tear off the ticket and then dishonest people are doing the passback to get their friends into the lot, it's not really fair to those who pay a lot of money to get those passes.

On a side note, which lot is the best to tailgate in? Looking to get into a lot for a few of the upcoming games.
Cars that were in line when the parking lots opened, their passes got scanned. Then very few were scanned. My guess is that the scanners lost connection. Thus, many tialgaters were simply handing their passes to their buddies and the lots filled up fairly quickly. Disappointing, because some who had passes were instructed the lot was full. Like I said, I think it was a connection problem. First time I saw that, but it was taken advantage of almost immediately as the news carried on the wind.
The tailgate down from us used the same pass for 4 cars.

With people dropping serious money on parking passes, it would be nice for the parking attendants to actually care enough to rip off the bottom of the pass if scanners aren't working. Just not fair for those who spend $600+ and nowhere to park.

In fairness, this is the first time I saw this. Didn't happen against Duke or any other time in recent memory that I know of.

In fairness, this is the first time I saw this. Didn't happen against Duke or any other time in recent memory that I know of.
They didn’t scan or pull the tabs off the passes in the South lot for the Duke game either.

They didn’t scan or pull the tabs off the passes in the South lot for the Duke game either.

This is the first year with a new parking lot management company and I’ve been advised by NU Operations they’re suppose to tear the bottom portion off Parking Lot Tickets.

NU meets with Standard Parking this week.

This is the first year with a new parking lot management company and I’ve been advised by NU Operations they’re suppose to tear the bottom portion off Parking Lot Tickets.

NU meets with Standard Parking this week.
What they should do is fine standard parking and give me money back for that game. Just a thought since my spot wasn’t honored.

Reactions: HappyNUyear
What they should do is fine standard parking and give me money back for that game. Just a thought since my spot wasn’t honored.
I wouldn’t disagree with that at all considering you didn’t get to park in the lot you were assigned.
Did you contact the ticket department?

I wouldn’t disagree with that at all considering you didn’t get to park in the lot you were assigned.
Did you contact the ticket department?
Check the back of your pass first... I think there’s been a qualifier on there for years that the spot is only guaranteed up through 30 minutes before kickoff. Or maybe even 45. It’s just that, with proper management, they should never need to use that clause. Cause it’s not like they were selling extra spots to people, the folks were just re using passes for free it sounds like.

Oh well, seems that the NU ticket office has clearly recognized there was a problem and is trying to fix it this week.

Check the back of your pass first... I think there’s been a qualifier on there for years that the spot is only guaranteed up through 30 minutes before kickoff. Or maybe even 45. It’s just that, with proper management, they should never need to use that clause. Cause it’s not like they were selling extra spots to people, the folks were just re using passes for free it sounds like.

Oh well, seems that the NU ticket office has clearly recognized there was a problem and is trying to fix it this week.
The 30 minute disclaimer is in fact on the pass. It is the third sentence.

Reactions: ricko654321
[QUOTE="HappyNUyear, post: 550759, member: 2040"[/QUOTE]
Agreed and what they should have been doing is adding, not subtracting spaces but then they couldn't charge $600 plus to park. Do they still allow parking, tailgating on the baseball field? How about the softball diamond? What's the status of the old practice FB field?

Reactions: HappyNUyear
If he bought it on Stub Hub or any other secondary source, NU was still paid for it. Did he pay NU directly? No but NU was paid and therefore the space should have been there. I paid NU directly and it was not.

I talked to fan services and my account manager called me

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT