ADVERTISEMENT

ST renewals

Wilmatucky

Nov 1, 2017
When are donations due and when do we renew ST? Haven't heard a thing. Feel like last year they were sending stuff almost every other week.

When are donations due and when do we renew ST? Haven't heard a thing. Feel like last year they were sending stuff almost every other week.
I got an email that said Feb 3rd for ST renewals. Donations are usually due later in the year for parking.

Me neither.

We had Ana Marie Noyola who was like the best ticket rep in the world, but she took a United Center premium seating job. She’s irreplaceable.
I had her also, guess I got switched, although the new guy said “we are going into our 3rd consecutive year together,” which is definitely not the case.

I think they are going to get killed in the ST renewal after this season. It will be very interesting to track the Dr. Jim response to this if it happens.

Reactions: IGNORE2
I think they are going to get killed in the ST renewal after this season. It will be very interesting to track the Dr. Jim response to this if it happens.
I'm not renewing my parking. I will just buy off the secondary market. Was on the fence about my seasons, but we like the people too much around us to change things.

I'm not renewing my parking. I will just buy off the secondary market. Was on the fence about my seasons, but we like the people too much around us to change things.
How was that secondary parking market? Availability? Costs?

Me neither.

We had Ana Marie Noyola who was like the best ticket rep in the world, but she took a United Center premium seating job. She’s irreplaceable.
We had her as well. She was always on top of everything. Haven't heard or received anything about ST renewal.

Why would you be on the fence for seasons?

Why would you be on the fence for seasons?
Because I’m just talking crazy and was throwing around the idea of buying good tickets for less on the secondary market. Plus I missed a ton of kids stuff this fall and need to stop doing that. I’ll buy again though.

Because I’m just talking crazy and was throwing around the idea of buying good tickets for less on the secondary market. Plus I missed a ton of kids stuff this fall and need to stop doing that. I’ll buy again though.
Gotcha. I was hoping it wasn’t an overreaction to the season itself. Honestly, NU tickets are such a small investment in terms of entertainment dollars relative to other events, I’m not sure what would cause me to stop buying.

I’m not sure what would cause me to stop buying.

I am.....a poor product on the field coupled with a poor experience. If they can't get an email to me so I can renew why should I seek that information out. I would think after a bad season, parking issues, and the boring opponents they have coming in next season that they would be doing everything they could to boost their ST sales.

I know the die hards on here will want to skewer me for saying this but it might be time to move on. I am not a hardcore NU guy. I am a CFB fan. I was drawn to NU because I went to the same HS as Damien Anderson (Wilmington, hence the handle on here). I never felt an overwhelming connection to NU other than that. I purchased ST 4 years ago once I realized that I enjoyed spending my Saturdays at a CFB game (Illini was just to brutal to go watch consistently). I have only missed 4 games the last 4 years and never sold a ticket on stubhub. This year I said forget it and only went to 3 of the 7 games.

I've been to every B1G stadium except for the newest additions of Neb, Rutgers, and Maryland. I like to belong and have my season tickets. That being said I am 2-4 hours from 8 of the stadiums. I am contemplating hoping ship and purchasing new ST for a team with a better experience. I see all the complaints on here and never really joined in before, but it all holds true.

And as far as your overall value, look up some of the other B1G team STs. NU is only slightly cheaper and the experience that lacks is worth the couple of extra bucks.

I am.....a poor product on the field coupled with a poor experience. If they can't get an email to me so I can renew why should I seek that information out. I would think after a bad season, parking issues, and the boring opponents they have coming in next season that they would be doing everything they could to boost their ST sales.

I know the die hards on here will want to skewer me for saying this but it might be time to move on. I am not a hardcore NU guy. I am a CFB fan. I was drawn to NU because I went to the same HS as Damien Anderson (Wilmington, hence the handle on here). I never felt an overwhelming connection to NU other than that. I purchased ST 4 years ago once I realized that I enjoyed spending my Saturdays at a CFB game (Illini was just to brutal to go watch consistently). I have only missed 4 games the last 4 years and never sold a ticket on stubhub. This year I said forget it and only went to 3 of the 7 games.

I've been to every B1G stadium except for the newest additions of Neb, Rutgers, and Maryland. I like to belong and have my season tickets. That being said I am 2-4 hours from 8 of the stadiums. I am contemplating hoping ship and purchasing new ST for a team with a better experience. I see all the complaints on here and never really joined in before, but it all holds true.

And as far as your overall value, look up some of the other B1G team STs. NU is only slightly cheaper and the experience that lacks is worth the couple of extra bucks.
That's fine. I'm a double alum, so obviously your mileage may vary. I think you'll be surprised at the price differences once you hop over and realize that similar quality seats at other schools require heavy donations for access before the price of the ticket even comes into play. If you want to just sit behind an endzone, then maybe you'll get away with only a slight price raise, but I think anything between the 20s will be an eye opener.

There's no reason to be a casual fan and buy season tickets for a team that sucks, so I don't see why anyone would give you a hard time. You also only bought tickets after the team was good. I imagine there's a pretty regular ebb and flow of casual fans purchasing and dumping season tickets after abnormally good and abnormally bad seasons.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
There's no reason to be a casual fan and buy season tickets for a team that sucks, so I don't see why anyone would give you a hard time. You also only bought tickets after the team was good. I imagine there's a pretty regular ebb and flow of casual fans purchasing and dumping season tickets after abnormally good and abnormally bad seasons.

Agreed.

That's fine. I'm a double alum, so obviously your mileage may vary. I think you'll be surprised at the price differences once you hop over and realize that similar quality seats at other schools require heavy donations for access before the price of the ticket even comes into play. If you want to just sit behind an endzone, then maybe you'll get away with only a slight price raise, but I think anything between the 20s will be an eye opener.

I don’t think I bought just because they were good. My whole logic was they are at least playing competitive football with mostly any opponent who comes to town. It also has to do with timing. I was 29 when I bought. I would have bought season tix at 22 but a grand a year just wasn’t in the cards. Now that I’ve advanced in my career even more I can afford even more.

I don’t think I bought just because they were good. My whole logic was they are at least playing competitive football with mostly any opponent who comes to town. It also has to do with timing. I was 29 when I bought. I would have bought season tix at 22 but a grand a year just wasn’t in the cards. Now that I’ve advanced in my career even more I can afford even more.
I haven’t got anything about ST’s either. Not worried about it. I know they will get it to me eventually. Why is that stirring this emotion? I realize the stadium is sub par along with the amenities inside, but except for last year, you got pretty good value for your investment.

I haven’t got anything about ST’s either. Not worried about it. I know they will get it to me eventually. Why is that stirring this emotion? I realize the stadium is sub par along with the amenities inside, but except for last year, you got pretty good value for your investment.

I agree it was a great value the last few years and I’m not sure why I’m salty. Maybe just wanting more now? Maybe because like I said I’m not an NU fan to the core? I do know that the OOC schedule next year is a huge turn off for me. I at least want some P5 opponents bc it’s just more fun to me.

With the Big Ten going to nine conference games, P5 noncom matchups are much rarer, especially in the years where you play only four BIG opponents at home. Illini play Ill. State, UConn and Bowling Green at home next year, for example.

With the Big Ten going to nine conference games, P5 noncom matchups are much rarer, especially in the years where you play only four BIG opponents at home. Illini play Ill. State, UConn and Bowling Green at home next year, for example.
We arent in the other division so our home schedule really sucks. Why buy ST when you can pick up cheap tickets between the 40s for the entire year? Shouldnt have to spend more than $20. Or just buy a ticket for $6 then sit anywhere you want?
This way, you arent out the money if there is bad weather that knocks out the tailgating.
The thing that locked sth into their seats was when the parking pass was based on wildcat point priority. Now its based on current year giving tiers then wildcat points.
Not a whole lot of suckers are going to drop 2500 to get a parking pass in the east lot.
Doesnt mean fans are disloyal. Fans can be loyal by waiting the day of the game and picking up tickets at half the cost. NU doesnt need our money anyways.

Reactions: willycat
We arent in the other division so our home schedule really sucks. Why buy ST when you can pick up cheap tickets between the 40s for the entire year? Shouldnt have to spend more than $20. Or just buy a ticket for $6 then sit anywhere you want?
This way, you arent out the money if there is bad weather that knocks out the tailgating.
The thing that locked sth into their seats was when the parking pass was based on wildcat point priority. Now its based on current year giving tiers then wildcat points.
Not a whole lot of suckers are going to drop 2500 to get a parking pass in the east lot.
Doesnt mean fans are disloyal. Fans can be loyal by waiting the day of the game and picking up tickets at half the cost. NU doesnt need our money anyways.
Since the new policy has denied me a west lot pass, my game day experience has taken a down turn. In fact I dropped my season tickets last season, after having them for 22 years.

Since the new policy has denied me a west lot pass, my game day experience has taken a down turn. In fact I dropped my season tickets last season, after having them for 22 years.
Without tailgating its better to support the team by watching on TV or buying a $6 ticket on SH. Golf lot passes were plentiful at about $10.
This team and program is what it is and will always be a shot in the dark.

Without tailgating its better to support the team by watching on TV or buying a $6 ticket on SH. Golf lot passes were plentiful at about $10.
This team and program is what it is and will always be a shot in the dark.
I had a South golf course pass for one season and while it's a nice setting, I didn't know anyone there at that time. Now it's my understanding that Uber and some others are there now.

I had her also, guess I got switched, although the new guy said “we are going into our 3rd consecutive year together,” which is definitely not the case.
I had her also and she was great. My new guy said the same thing in his email and I emailed back since I thought he was saying that i had only been a season ticket holder for 3 years and I have for 10.

I had a South golf course pass for one season and while it's a nice setting, I didn't know anyone there at that time. Now it's my understanding that Uber and some others are there now.
Im not sure who made the decision to commercialize tailgating to the max $$ potential for the school but it split up tailgates and caused many to pull back.
It was never about the game, for fans. Not at this school. Tailgating was always #1. It had to be that way to justify watching a losing program.
With all the inconveniences, it became all about the game. And its just not worth it. Funner watching on my 54 inch with wings and beer on hand. On the other hand, Im not really interested in watching us play bad teams next year. I think the best team coming in may be Nebraska. I may go to that. Always love beating them or Iowa.

We have been in South Golf since the second year it opened and the experience there has been much worse the past two years. they are jamming way more cars in there than before with their “professional” parking crew.
My wife used to like to go to the games because she enjoyed the tailgating experience, now not very much anymore.
I don’t know if we will renew this year because of the changes.

We have been in South Golf since the second year it opened and the experience there has been much worse the past two years. they are jamming way more cars in there than before with their “professional” parking crew.
My wife used to like to go to the games because she enjoyed the tailgating experience, now not very much anymore.
I don’t know if we will renew this year because of the changes.
I bought 1 east lot pass off stubhub for an ooc game. I was surprised it didnt have any name on it so it seems to me that loyal fans got run off of the east or west lot into the golf lots $$$.
The experience in the golf lot was cramping. It was like the Mayhem guy from Allstate directing cars.

I’ve been in central golf lot for a few years, and besides a few exceptions (ND, OSU), have never felt overcrowded. The parking staff also did much better with the OSU crowd (i think opening the lots early but not announcing it helped a ton for traffic) than the ND crowd.

My wife wants to go to Central if we renew.
She also quotes the Mayhem parking lot commercial as being like South Golf...
I have talked to some of the parking attendants a couple of times and had them brag to me about how many cars the fit in SG for certain games which always confuses me since aren’t there only a certain number of passes issued??
Do they “sell” cash parking as they get closer to game time?
There was never any point in asking them since I figured I would never get a straight answer.

Maybe i can get better seats!
I think you will be able to upgrade your seats. The game day experience was so much better though back around 2000 or before. They had the two free beer which was always a hit, especially goose island. And at least in the early to mid 90s we had two things that I found entertaining, i.e., the announcer and a great band director. And I'm not even a band guy but that band was fun to watch and was good. I may be wrong because TV doesn't cut over to watch bands anymore, but I bet that other teams have respectable bands. I started liking basketball better and still do. The entertainment that the athletic department schedules is pretty fun. I remember quick change and that panda lady and the jesse white tumblers, etc. And the small band at W/R is great in the small facility. The basketball tickets in the upper bowl is a very fair value. And although the team has had some tough luck, they play hard and that's all I care about. Football became a turnoff to me because it was just insulting to my intelligence that Mr Fitzgerald threw the fans, players, etc under the bus for McCall. He knows alot more about football than me but his stubbornness and misplaced loyalties threw out the baby with the bath water. Sad.

Reactions: hdhntr1 and drewjin
I think you will be able to upgrade your seats. The game day experience was so much better though back around 2000 or before. They had the two free beer which was always a hit, especially goose island. And at least in the early to mid 90s we had two things that I found entertaining, i.e., the announcer and a great band director. And I'm not even a band guy but that band was fun to watch and was good. I may be wrong because TV doesn't cut over to watch bands anymore, but I bet that other teams have respectable bands. I started liking basketball better and still do. The entertainment that the athletic department schedules is pretty fun. I remember quick change and that panda lady and the jesse white tumblers, etc. And the small band at W/R is great in the small facility. The basketball tickets in the upper bowl is a very fair value. And although the team has had some tough luck, they play hard and that's all I care about. Football became a turnoff to me because it was just insulting to my intelligence that Mr Fitzgerald threw the fans, players, etc under the bus for McCall. He knows alot more about football than me but his stubbornness and misplaced loyalties threw out the baby with the bath water. Sad.
Obviously the biggest problem I have is the parking lot grab. After having a lot pass for 20 or so years and contributing between $300 and $600 yearly. building up priority points, only to be informed that I'd need to fork over $2,500 or more for a spot was the beginning of the end for me. While I didn't graduate from NU, I attended for about a year and a half, although a lot of the classes were on the downtown campus. I consider NU my Alma Mater and in fact have been a fan since the mid 50's when my dad had season tickets for about 10 years. Definitely agree about the band, which was a lot better, as well as larger under John Paynter. heck he was the band director for 43 years! In fact after the bowl game vs. Auburn we were mimicked at a restaurant when a Auburn fan , noting the size of NUMB, just said why do they even bother. At bit arrogant I guess but also somewhat truthful. As I notes in another post, I gave up my ST's last season, after having them for 22 years. Still would like to take in a few games in 2020 but I said that last year and didn't.

Obviously the biggest problem I have is the parking lot grab. After having a lot pass for 20 or so years and contributing between $300 and $600 yearly. building up priority points, only to be informed that I'd need to fork over $2,500 or more for a spot was the beginning of the end for me. While I didn't graduate from NU, I attended for about a year and a half, although a lot of the classes were on the downtown campus. I consider NU my Alma Mater and in fact have been a fan since the mid 50's when my dad had season tickets for about 10 years. Definitely agree about the band, which was a lot better, as well as larger under John Paynter. heck he was the band director for 43 years! In fact after the bowl game vs. Auburn we were mimicked at a restaurant when a Auburn fan , noting the size of NUMB, just said why do they even bother. At bit arrogant I guess but also somewhat truthful. As I notes in another post, I gave up my ST's last season, after having them for 22 years. Still would like to take in a few games in 2020 but I said that last year and didn't.
yea, it isn't like it used to be. Not missing a thing. If it's just about putting your butt in a seat to watch the game, then my couch is where I'm sitting. Mr Fitzgerald has reduced fans down to $ and saturday seat fillers. Well, it just doesn't work that way in this world when there are plenty of other entertainment options. If they are building a new fan base that is internalizing the product then I get it but I don't think that is happening. Another thing is that cell phone coverage sucks in Ryan Field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT