ADVERTISEMENT

ST renewals

For someone who sat through the Dark Ages of NU athletics, some of the stuff on this thread is an absolute joke. Back in the 70s and 80s, I could only dream of the success Fitz has brought to this program AND he's done it without giving up on the integrity of the university.

There's a lot of lawns to get off of in this thread.

Perhaps, but ask yourself how many new season ticket holders are chomping at the bit to commit to a home schedule in Evanston and the Wrigley game (minus tailgating) to replace those giving up their seats. (If i were a UW or UNL fan, the secondary market beats trying to sell any of the other games on the schedule as part of a season ticket)

Every season ticket holder has a story to tell about their experiences. For some it’s purely football quality, for others is supporting the alma mater, for others it’s the social aspect of tailgating. But I believe it’s cavalier to dismiss reasoning out of hand, especially when combining the costs of tickets and donations to park in preferred locations for a season where for over half the games, the only people paying face value to attend are season ticket holders and the others are coming in at pennies on the dollar.

Perhaps, but ask yourself how many new season ticket holders are chomping at the bit to commit to a home schedule in Evanston and the Wrigley game (minus tailgating) to replace those giving up their seats. (If i were a UW or UNL fan, the secondary market beats trying to sell any of the other games on the schedule as part of a season ticket)

Every season ticket holder has a story to tell about their experiences. For some it’s purely football quality, for others is supporting the alma mater, for others it’s the social aspect of tailgating. But I believe it’s cavalier to dismiss reasoning out of hand, especially when combining the costs of tickets and donations to park in preferred locations for a season where for over half the games, the only people paying face value to attend are season ticket holders and the others are coming in at pennies on the dollar.
We have a winner. And it wasnt nice for mr phillips to scrap all of those loyal fans of the 70s unless they give $2500 current year.
This is a scandal

Reactions: willycat
We have a winner. And it wasnt nice for mr phillips to scrap all of those loyal fans of the 70s unless they give $2500 current year.
This is a scandal
The connection is lost. Never about winning and losing as far as renewal goes. Also, the opponent didn't matter either. But when community is lost, then all of the other things become glaring. The final nail was when they reduced the meaning of the wildcat priority points, and put more value on current year giving tiers. I think the administration is much smarter than me, so my guess is that they are focused on new fans and maybe corporate partners who can buy massive blocks of tickets. I get it.
It's still not a bad value for those who are just into the football game itself.

The connection is lost. Never about winning and losing as far as renewal goes. Also, the opponent didn't matter either. But when community is lost, then all of the other things become glaring. The final nail was when they reduced the meaning of the wildcat priority points, and put more value on current year giving tiers. I think the administration is much smarter than me, so my guess is that they are focused on new fans and maybe corporate partners who can buy massive blocks of tickets. I get it.
It's still not a bad value for those who are just into the football game itself.
Turk, sounds to me like you need to find a new team to cheer for. Life is too short to endure the pain you are feeling.

Turk, sounds to me like you need to find a new team to cheer for. Life is too short to endure the pain you are feeling.
Why? I love the cats and don't plan on missing a bowl game or championship game. Pain is only associated with those who don't have hope. I'm fairly hopeful and I think Fitzgerald has shown that we have a winner. Every team (other than maybe a dozen) goes through a crap year. That doesn't mean next year will be junk. I blame last year on McCall. In fact, Fitz should have whacked him long before he finally did.

Don't get confused about me having pain regarding the cats. I love the cats and the browns. Even though I think Phillips is a $$ guy who polluted the community, and that the browns owner is a blockhead, doesn't mean there is any pain. Would I have liked Phillips to keep parking the way it was? Sure. But that's not our call, we just adapt to what is.

That's a fun team. I like college football and wouldn't mind going to see the U or even go to Boca to see FAU. Maybe even with FloridAlum or Coral. College football is fun.

FAU's DBs completely shut down SMU's air raid. Best press coverage I saw all year. I wish NU could play more aggressive corner coverage

Reactions: drewjin
This is a scandal

You realize that $2,500 for premium parking is an absolute ****ing steal in today’s college football, yes?

You realize that $2,500 for premium parking is an absolute ****ing steal in today’s college football, yes?
Yea, that $450 per game is a bargain when I can park a block further for $30 and 6 blocks further for $0. Let’s move it up to $4000 a year so we can act like the other big boys, bet that will help.

Yea, that $450 per game is a bargain when I can park a block further for $30 and 6 blocks further for $0. Let’s move it up to $4000 a year so we can act like the other big boys, bet that will help.

Look at literally any other B1G program. Seriously.

Look at literally any other B1G program. Seriously.
You dont understand. This is NU. We scrap spring games because we cant scrap together more than 25 fans (non parents). But hey, if phillips can get someone to toss him $3,000 for a parking pass and a seat to watch us play sisters of the poor this year then give him a pay raise.

You dont understand. This is NU. We scrap spring games because we cant scrap together more than 25 fans (non parents). But hey, if phillips can get someone to toss him $3,000 for a parking pass and a seat to watch us play sisters of the poor this year then give him a pay raise.

They can and do.

Reactions: its_the_sauce
Anyone know how the pricing will work for the Wrigley game or what the pricing will be?

Anyone know how the pricing will work for the Wrigley game or what the pricing will be?

Just got the email:

You can order your seats to the Wildcats Classic at the same time you renew your season tickets (a quantity equal to or less than the number of season tickets you purchase).

Please note that you are guaranteed the number of Wildcats Classic tickets you order but your seats may be in a lower price level than you request. Tickets will be allocated by Wildcat Fund giving tier and points within tiers (same allocation as bowl games and the B1G Championship). Season Ticket Holders will be notified of their seat locations by May 1.

There will be no public on sale for the Wildcats Classic and tickets may not be resold.

No pricing info yet. So you can't buy any extra tickets, you'll sit wherever they put you, and there is no secondary market. Good luck!

Reactions: Bwm57

I don't see as many Neb fans willing to pony up with the rest of this years abysmal home schedule.

Just got the email:

No pricing info yet. So you can't buy any extra tickets, you'll sit wherever they put you, and there is no secondary market. Good luck!
If like they did it last time, you had to pick the price level/ location at Wrigley separately. Not just where they put you

If like they did it last time, you had to pick the price level/ location at Wrigley separately. Not just where they put you

True, and it says you can pick your price level this time, but it also says you're not guaranteed to get it. Wasn't that a problem for some people the last time we played at Wrigley?

I just read my renewal email and came across this little bit regarding the Wrigley game: "There will be no public on sale (sic) for the Wildcat Classic and tickets may not be resold."

Yeah, good luck with that last part.

I just read my renewal email and came across this little bit regarding the Wrigley game: "There will be no public on sale (sic) for the Wildcat Classic and tickets may not be resold."

I take that to mean that they are able to track who resells tickets and will blacklist those season ticket holders from purchasing in the future if they do resell. Not sure even with the scalping partnerships they have if they can prevent a game from being listed on the website at all.

I take that to mean that they are able to track who resells tickets and will blacklist those season ticket holders from purchasing in the future if they do resell. Not sure even with the scalping partnerships they have if they can prevent a game from being listed on the website at all.
Just what they need blacklist a fan for selling a game in a non-normal location when they are starving for more ST holders.

Just what they need blacklist a fan for selling a game in a non-normal location when they are starving for more ST holders.
Well, you have to go out of your way to buy Wrigley tickets as a season ticket holder, so I don't think it's that outlandish to say you can't resell them. If you don't want Wrigley tickets, don't buy them, and you get your 6 other games for the season.

Some showing at StubHub
None at SeatGeek
And our friends at TicketCity still have it at Ryan Field TCLink

Reactions: NUCat320
Will be interesting to see who actually buys them. From the ticket diagram I got -

Between the 30's - $200
30 to endzone - $150
Endzone - $100
Nose bleeds - $60-85

Count me out. The couch and the 65" TV will work just fine. And can get a six pack of beer for less than they will charge for 1

True, and it says you can pick your price level this time, but it also says you're not guaranteed to get it. Wasn't that a problem for some people the last time we played at Wrigley?
Yep, our group of about 8 had requested the upper deck on the south side of the field. Ended up with seats in the left field bleachers, where we had to statd in order to see the field. The price was more then we ordered and the "compensated" us by giving us some extra tickets to a couple of non-conference games the following year.

I'm really on the fence about renewing. I believe the team will be better and I'm still a fan, but the game-day experience is miserable when you're surrounded by the other team's fans.

I'm really on the fence about renewing. I believe the team will be better and I'm still a fan, but the game-day experience is miserable when you're surrounded by the other team's fans.
Consider moving between the 35s on the West side. Generally surrounded by purple except for those economic geniuses who sell their tickets for the buck.

So don’t sell your tickets.
I would eat the ticket before selling to an opposing fan.

I prefer games at Ryan Field. Wrigley Field does nothing for me. I could actually understand a loyal ST opting out of Wrigley game. Bad site lines, tough parking, bunch of yahoos at it for the novelty. I don’t believe the seats are mandatory in the ST package right? If they aren’t I agree with you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT