ADVERTISEMENT

Stanford Transfer Portal

SchroedingersCat

May 20, 2019
I’m surprised I haven’t heard any chatter in a while about NU interest in guys like Devery Hamilton, Henry Hattis, or Jovan Swann - all guys who started at some point last season and who would be immediately eligible as grad transfers. Are we down to just one or two schollies left (saved for someone like CMart) with TJ coming back, and just prioritizing other targets over the Cardinal exodus?

Agree. Curious to me too. For example, I think Swann is pretty good and he would allow at least one of our good incoming DTs to redshirt.

We need a WR. I know we are pursuing Cam but what about Tarik Black?

We do indeed need a WR, but I’d be much happier with and emergence from a young buck like Kirtz or GHP over a 1-year temporary fix. That said, I’d still take Tarik Black in a heartbeat. 247 crystal ball for him to BC; not sure if Coach Jake was a part of that pitch.

We have 17 commits. No way we are short schollies. Transfers, med retirements, non 5th year renewals - at least two, probably 3 or 4 left.

It hasn’t been raised here, but we have nothing for 2021 yet either. The state of recruiting has turned quite dim. Good commits bailing, good recruits heading elsewhere.

The staff should be pursuing in quality athlete, transfer or otherwise. Last year screwed recruiting. The ambiguity of the offense hurts. Springer’s lingering presence won’t help.

This staff can not afford to be elitist. Poach, fvck the visit rule and press harder, right the course.

We have 17 commits. No way we are short schollies. Transfers, med retirements, non 5th year renewals - at least two, probably 3 or 4 left.

It hasn’t been raised here, but we have nothing for 2021 yet either. The state of recruiting has turned quite dim. Good commits bailing, good recruits heading elsewhere.

The staff should be pursuing in quality athlete, transfer or otherwise. Last year screwed recruiting. The ambiguity of the offense hurts. Springer’s lingering presence won’t help.

This staff can not afford to be elitist. Poach, fvck the visit rule and press harder, right the course.

They are.

Springer has been recognized as one of our best recruiters.

Nyaahhh-aahhh-aaahhh
giphy.gif

Not to distract from the important cat anus gif aspect of this thread, but back to the earlier discussion... I think one of Stanford’s OL would be a needed upgrade at RT and Tarik Black would be an immediate starter at WR. Serious lack of WR depth on the horizon if none of the R-FY’s develop. No recruits so far in 2020 and no likely commits from just 2 early offers for 2021. Phrased differently, a lot of opportunity for a young cat (kitten?) eager to seize it.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Not to distract from the important cat anus gif aspect of this thread, but back to the earlier discussion... I think one of Stanford’s OL would be a needed upgrade at RT and Tarik Black would be an immediate starter at WR. Serious lack of WR depth on the horizon if none of the R-FY’s develop. No recruits so far in 2020 and no likely commits from just 2 early offers for 2021. Phrased differently, a lot of opportunity for a young cat (kitten?) eager to seize it.
Last year at this time for the 2019 class, we had two December 2018 commits, then none until one more in March 2019, then a bunch in April and May. We are not that far behind at this time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT