ADVERTISEMENT

Strange to have no rankings on a Monday

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
Apparently with the holiday, we get to wait until Tuesday to learn how far up Northwestern has moved from its #30 "also getting votes" position.

Anyone done the analytics to suggest where we "should" be ranked based upon Week One's losers and winners?

FWIW, I see this 247 Pundit in his post Week One projection has losers Michigan, Miami, and Washington still ranked above us.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...ge-football-projection-121369874/#121369874_1

Last edited:
Apparently with the holiday, we get to wait until Tuesday to learn how far up Northwestern has moved from its #30 "also getting votes" position.

Anyone done the analytics to suggest where we "should" be ranked based upon Week One's losers and winners?
Wonder if it also is due to the fact that two ranked teams play tonight.......

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
I do my own rankings every week (it's just a crude mash-up of the two polls and Sagarin), an NU started the year at #31. Texas is #21 and will likely fall behind NU, and none of the teams between #25 and #30 beat a team nearly as good as Purdue. Nor did the teams closely behind NU either (#42 Cal beat #43 North Carolina), so no one is going to jump them. My guess is NU will be #29 or #30 in my overall rankings and in the polls.

FWIW, I see this 247 Pundit in his post Week One projection has losers Michigan, Miami, and Washington still ranked above us.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...ge-football-projection-121369874/#121369874_1
I have us at 24th

I do my own rankings every week (it's just a crude mash-up of the two polls and Sagarin), an NU started the year at #31. Texas is #21 and will likely fall behind NU, and none of the teams between #25 and #30 beat a team nearly as good as Purdue. Nor did the teams closely behind NU either (#42 Cal beat #43 North Carolina), so no one is going to jump them. My guess is NU will be #29 or #30 in my overall rankings and in the polls.

Sounds about right. NU should creep into the rankings by the time Michigan comes to town if they take care of business. Whether that is a good thing, given the last time a ranked NU played Michigan, is up for debate.

I have us in the top 5. The longest win streak in the power five - and all those victories came against power five teams, including one or two the fake news currently ranks ahead of us.

You might be right about Texas, but I wouldn't bet the house on it. We still don't get no respect. Nor will we if we don't beat Duke this week.

Sounds about right. NU should creep into the rankings by the time Michigan comes to town if they take care of business. Whether that is a good thing, given the last time a ranked NU played Michigan, is up for debate.
It's a very good thing!

I have us at 24th

If I recall correctly, the last time we were asking this question you ended up being correct while most others here were projecting that it would take a week or two longer for Northwestern to make it into the top 25.

Will be pleasantly surprised if history repeats itself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT