ADVERTISEMENT

Student section “sells out” of tickets for MN game in 15 mins

NJcatsfan

Nov 21, 2004
I read that they’d moved to a “reserve your ticket” model after some of the turnout in recent games. Tickets still free for students, but had to be reserved online. Inside NU posted a screen grab that all 1,000 seats (I believe this is the new number) were accounted for within 15 minutes of reservations opening up. For the Gophers. At 11am. This is incredible. I hope they all show up. And I hope there’s a waitlist & that NU opens up non-student seats to students if seats are unsold, like they did for Rutgers.

And hey, maybe non students might get their asses to this game? Very winnable, and this team deserves it.

I read that they’d moved to a “reserve your ticket” model after some of the turnout in recent games. Tickets still free for students, but had to be reserved online. Inside NU posted a screen grab that all 1,000 seats (I believe this is the new number) were accounted for within 15 minutes of reservations opening up. For the Gophers. At 11am. This is incredible. I hope they all show up. And I hope there’s a waitlist & that NU opens up non-student seats to students if seats are unsold, like they did for Rutgers.

And hey, maybe non students might get their asses to this game? Very winnable, and this team deserves it.
Great news. Collins always said that WR could be a special venue for the team... now that he's putting a good product on the court, the excitement is building.

1,000 souls risking an A- in Philosophy

Schitts Creek Good Job GIF by CBC

Very cool, I'll be there and I love a raucous student section(s).

Also, it would be very cool to have noisy NU students sitting behind me rather than the typical opponent fans.

Reactions: drewjin and DaCat
Great news. Collins always said that WR could be a special venue for the team... now that he's putting a good product on the court, the excitement is building.
Even before the renovation during the tourney season against Purdue was a top 3 sports experience for me. Lambeau during the 15-1 season is above it NU against OSU on college game day below it.

The get in the door price is still $20 for a solid seat in the upper level. Plus at least one post on twitter indicates NU might provide overflow seating. Even if a student did not get a free ticket, they are not shut out.

Reactions: drewjin
I checked the NU ticket site, the Minny game is just about sold out.
Yep this is awesome from the students. I love the new system - clearly excitement is building on campus too and now there is competition to get the seats. Hearing it's sold out may make more want to come and hopefully they can find overflow seats. To your point- looks like about 85-90% of tickets are sold right now. If I was in Chicago I would definitely be going!

This is awesome I’m flying in from Philadelphia for this game and I get to experience my first game at WRA and it’s a sellout icing on the cake to a great birthday weekend!
You’ll like it. Frankly I think the new WRA is perfect for us.

Sure is the big fun reading NU and sellout together. We're talking students now, but the game should sell out, too - we could have a contendah.

We geographically-challenged fans get to watch the game this time, too, because it didn't get squeezed into the network nobody watches.

Fun fact: Welsh Ryan Arena is named for former NU star Ryan McIntosh, who is from Wales.
Two large women go into a bar in Chicago. The bartender notices an accent and asks: " are you girls from Ireland?" They eye-roll, sigh, and respond: "Wales". He says: "I'm sorry, are you two whales from Ireland?"

• Love
Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
Two large women go into a bar in Chicago. The bartender notices an accent and asks: " are you girls from Ireland?" They eye-roll, sigh, and respond: "Wales". He says: "I'm sorry, are you two whales from Ireland?"
I love dumb jokes. 🐳🐳

Let's see if the Wilson Club is more than half full.
Slightly off topic question: Anyone know why Wilson Club seats are never available on after market sites (StubHub)? If the STHs for Wilson Club seats aren't going to show up for games, they could at least make them available for other fans that want to attend. Is there a NU ticket office policy specific to Wilson Club tickets that prevents them from being resold?

Slightly off topic question: Anyone know why Wilson Club seats are never available on after market sites (StubHub)? If the STHs for Wilson Club seats aren't going to show up for games, they could at least make them available for other fans that want to attend. Is there a NU ticket office policy specific to Wilson Club tickets that prevents them from being resold?
I think part of it is some of those that come but then stay up in the internal Wilson Club area up there rather than down in the seats. Hopefully with a better team and more fun environment more will be down at their seats to support the Cats.

Last edited:
I think part of it is that those that come but stay up in the internal Wilson Club area up there rather than down in the seats. Hopefully with a better team and more fun environment more will be down at their seats to support the Cats.
This is not a thing.

The BTN broadcasters said NU officials are calling student interest in the basketball team “unprecedented.” They said 1200 student tickets were accounted for in seven minutes. Nice to see them remarked with a fun easy win! Michigan game better sell out. This has been wild.

The BTN broadcasters said NU officials are calling student interest in the basketball team “unprecedented.” They said 1200 student tickets were accounted for in seven minutes. Nice to see them remarked with a fun easy win! Michigan game better sell out. This has been wild.
Well, we know every time we've made it to the Big Dance, we've had to beat Michigan at home!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT