ADVERTISEMENT

Students

One complete section empty at Ryan.....might as well sell the seats to OSU fans and at least make some dough.

NU just isn't a sports school.
I called this out last season and was told “they show up late”.

Just give the seats to fans who want them but can’t afford them. It looks pathetic and we may as well fill them with purple shirts even if we make no revenue.

One complete section empty at Ryan.....might as well sell the seats to OSU fans and at least make some dough.

Hmmm. Tough decision- have some Friday night fun or go watch NU lose 52-3.

Success, especially continued success equates to better attendance. My son didn’t go last night. He likes sports. Played 3 sports in high school. Know why he didn’t attend? Same reason I didn’t. Team has zero offense and it wasn’t worth the effort to watch NU get hammered.

Reactions: Fitz51

On a Friday night, making travel difficult, on what was marketed as a sellout. It was all most 50/50 OSU fans and NU fans. The real interesting point is there was no single game tickets sold. NU season ticket holders had to have sold their original tickets plus the additional game ticket purchases for that many OSU fans to find a seat.

On a Friday night, making travel difficult, on what was marketed as a sellout. It was all most 50/50 OSU fans and NU fans. The real interesting point is there was no single game tickets sold. NU season ticket holders had to have sold their original tickets plus the additional game ticket purchases for that many OSU fans to find a seat.
To me it looked at least 60/40 in favor of tOSU, maybe even 70/30. I do not for a minute believe it was 50/50.

They sold single game tickets for this game. I understand the marketing lie was that you could only obtain tickets through the season package, but they quietly started selling individual game tickets in early September. Anyone could have gone online and purchased.

They sold single game tickets for this game. I understand the marketing lie was that you could only obtain tickets through the season package, but they quietly started selling individual game tickets in early September. Anyone could have gone online and purchased.
OK, but there is no way that many OSU fans got in, unless NU ticket holders sold out. Kind of surprised that these, " you're going to work for us" folks need all of that extra cash.

Reactions: ubercat
y3nQTqM
y3nQTqM
We are in section 110, this is a picture of the students in section 111. It was completely full to the top.

On Friday, I was driving around Evanston, just west of the campus, between 5:00 PM and 5:30 PM. This was along Sherman Ave., Noyes Street, and Maple Ave. I saw students all over the place, decked out in purple. Now, they may have been walking to off campus parties and gatherings, and I have no way of knowing if they actually made it to the stadium. But, it was good to see so many of them dressed in gameday purple and white. However, downtown Evanston was a different story, as it was way too red with Ohio State fans.

Reactions: DaCat
On Friday, I was driving around Evanston, just west of the campus, between 5:00 PM and 5:30 PM. This was along Sherman Ave., Noyes Street, and Maple Ave. I saw students all over the place, decked out in purple. Now, they may have been walking to off campus parties and gatherings, and I have no way of knowing if they actually made it to the stadium. But, it was good to see so many of them dressed in gameday purple and white. However, downtown Evanston was a different story, as it was way too red with Ohio State fans.
Maybe actual purple uniforms could help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT