ADVERTISEMENT

Stupid rule

loyolacat

Gold Member
Oct 21, 2006
The bowl practice rule....seems counter intuitive to me....of course if you are in a bowl game you need to practice....but if you are not in a bowl game you need to practice even more....makes no sense...Is there any sound reasoning behind this rule.....? or does everyone ignore it and practice anyway.....

the players are attending classes in hopes of getting a degree.

You’re my favorite troll, but, geez your club is garbage. Maybe the best Illini team of the decade tho.
Partly true. I’d say the 2010 and 2011 seasons had much better teams. But this team is a huge improvement over the last 7 or so years. Either way it’s splitting hairs; it’s been an awful program for the better part of 60 years lol.

But this team is certainly not garbage, but not terribly good either. Playing poorly today but I think that has a lot to do with the fact that they’re extremely thin and the backups are clearly not cutting it. It’s what happens when you recruit poorly for a decade lol

Reactions: NUCat320
The bowl practice rule....seems counter intuitive to me....of course if you are in a bowl game you need to practice....but if you are not in a bowl game you need to practice even more....makes no sense...Is there any sound reasoning behind this rule.....? or does everyone ignore it and practice anyway.....
The "sound reasoning behind the rule" is that the teams playing in bowl games need to, you know, practice in preparation for those games. Why should a team not playing in a bowl game continue practicing in December?

Also, Fitz said in his press conference last week that their younger players have gotten plenty of reps in practice due to all the injuries, so extra bowl practices wouldn't provide much benefit in that regard.

Also, Fitz said in his press conference last week that their younger players have gotten plenty of reps in practice due to all the injuries, so extra bowl practices wouldn't provide much benefit in that regard.
Announcers pulling material from this board, again...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT