ADVERTISEMENT

Sullivan in for Iowa

Sullivan is a Back-Up nothing more. Serviceable and Competent. He could have started if he decided to compete for the job here instead of wanting it handed to him.
If the coaches believed Lausch is better than Sully, that's  stupid.

If they believed Sully is better but told him Lausch is better, that's  stupid.

Whoa.

For what it’s worth, Lausch’s 227 passing yards — in his first start — are better than all but one game in Sullivan’s career. (Sullivan went 16-23 for 265 in that glorious Maryland win last season.)

That’s okay, because Sullivan is an excellent runner! He made plays with his legs! But actually, Sullivan’s career high rushing at NU was 56 yards on 14 carries.

Lausch had 62 yards, on only 7 carries, tonight. And he didn’t run in the second half!

I think Lausch is probably better. And I presume that Sullivan was told that he’d have a chance to compete with two other guys in the summer. And Sullivan chose to backup McNamara instead.

Whoa.

For what it’s worth, Lausch’s 227 passing yards — in his first start — are better than all but one game in Sullivan’s career. (Sullivan went 16-23 for 265 in that glorious Maryland win last season.)

That’s okay, because Sullivan is an excellent runner! He made plays with his legs! But actually, Sullivan’s career high rushing at NU was 56 yards on 14 carries.

Lausch had 62 yards, on only 7 carries, tonight. And he didn’t run in the second half!

I think Lausch is probably better. And I presume that Sullivan was told that he’d have a chance to compete with two other guys in the summer. And Sullivan chose to backup McNamara instead.
He certainly finished strong. I want to see how he does against FBS competition, but I'm convinced he's better than Wright.

I agree. Why in the world are we still talking about Sullivan?
Because there are plenty of people who thrive on being outraged by something or anything, and turning that into grievances for which they can find someone to blame.

I'd be happy if, instead of the outrage and blame, someone gives a balanced analysis of Lausch's performance and the implications for the rest of the season. Can anyone do that, or are we going to hear more grievance?

Because there are plenty of people who thrive on being outraged by something or anything, and turning that into grievances for which they can find someone to blame.

I'd be happy if, instead of the outrage and blame, someone gives a balanced analysis of Lausch's performance and the implications for the rest of the season. Can anyone do that, or are we going to hear more grievance?
I mean, I attempted to do so, such as I’m able. Only so much to learn in an FCS game though. There were positive tangibles to take away though: he threw a good ball and his arm strength was adequate. That was a point of debate coming out of high school, he if he had the arm. Not gonna say it’s a gun but it’s a quality arm. He was faster than I expected, I expected Sullivan like mobility but not a real speedy athlete. He’s not Wright there, but he had some burst and some legitimate speed.

So all that is good.

Reactions: techtim72

Reality is we do not know the inside story and what was told to whom. As far as who was better, really hard to say as it does not seem like a whole lot separating them and Lausch is younger, One thing we sorta know is that Sullivan had been sorta fragile in his stay at NU

If you have something to say to me, then say it to me.
I was just responding to Purple Pile Driver's comment that one particular poster won’t let it go and comments on it near daily on here. I really didn't attempt to identify who he was talking about.

But I do think it's time to leave Sullivan behind us. Continued discussion of how he compares to our current QBs has no real value.

Players transfer all the time for various reasons and trying to predict how they might have performed compared to their replacements is a meaningless endeavor.

I'm no football expert, but Lausch sure as hell looked like a better QB than Sullivan last night.
He's a better thrower, probably sees the field better and runs better.
The people who expressed confidence in the NU coaching staff were correct. (I wasn't one of them)

So it turns out that Braun and Lujan told Sullivan he was probably #3 on the depth chart and Sullivan transferred. There's nothing nefarious or even hard to understand about that. I acknowledge that some folks were saying that all along - I just wanted some physical evidence. We got that last night.

I was just responding to Purple Pile Driver's comment that one particular poster won’t let it go and comments on it near daily on here. I really didn't attempt to identify who he was talking about.

But I do think it's time to leave Sullivan behind us. Continued discussion of how he compares to our current QBs has no real value.

Players transfer all the time for various reasons and trying to predict how they might have performed compared to their replacements is a meaningless endeavor.
About 80% of the content on message boards are meaningless endeavors, ranging from lamentations over transfers who left to sneering at how horrible our own fans are.

Word on the street is the coaches will start Wright at Washington and spell him with Lausch.

Or two platoon him with Lausch coming off the bench if we stall
What street are you talking about? Would be nuts not to start JL after his second half on Saturday. That said, bringing in Wright as a change of pace vs UW could be effective.

Reactions: seavue617
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT