ADVERTISEMENT

T Sutton: A Fantasy Favorite in CFL

Tyrell is a great RB, IMO, but he is running out of time and carries if he wants to get back into the NFL. He will be starting his 8th season after NU this year and will be close to 30 years old now. Then again, he could finish his career in Montreal and then land a great job working there.

Tyrell is a great RB, IMO, but he is running out of time and carries if he wants to get back into the NFL. He will be starting his 8th season after NU this year and will be close to 30 years old now. Then again, he could finish his career in Montreal and then land a great job working there.
Glades, I never even considered that he'd still be holding out hope for an NFL gig. He was cut by the Packers (mistake, he went to Panthers instead of the GB taxi squad), the running-back-loaded Panthers (after being pressed into service due to injuries, including at fullback), and Seahawks (didn't make their roster out of camp).

Hasn't always played full seasons as a starter in the CFL, either, due to his injuries and being a backup. But he did get a 3 year deal with Montreal and always seems to "find a way" to be a difference maker when teammates' injuries move him up the depth chart --- no surprise there! Says he has matured to the point where he just loves playing the game instead of wanting to be "The Man".

So, he's found a niche year by year in Canada, and it's probably cool living in Montreal if you can afford it.

I think that persistence is his strength along with getting more out of himself than anyone expects, and that's what will make him a success after football along with that NU degree. He may never be a world-class bug scientist, but if I were still hiring people his is the kind of makeup I would value.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT