ADVERTISEMENT

Takeaways: Cats notch first win at new Welsh-Ryan

Northwestern christened the new Welsh-Ryan Arena with a 82-52 win over New Orleans.

Cats notch first win at new Welsh-Ryan
Turner needs to understand that he has to be more of a shooter instead of assist machine. He handles the ball fine, better than Law or Taylor, but he isnt anything wow. Too often he was in PG mode and dishing the ball off to unsuspecting teammates who knew the shot was for him. No flow with many of his dishes.

Northwestern christened the new Welsh-Ryan Arena with a 82-52 win over New Orleans.

Cats notch first win at new Welsh-Ryan
Decent article Lou, but Ash helped us on a 9-0 run to start the game. It was Smart for Collins to rest em when we had the the game won. Why risk injury like almost happened to Pardon.

Absolutely. But I think while Ash is the starter, Gaines is going to get a lot more minutes. Collins likes Gaines better coming off the bench.

Absolutely. But I think while Ash is the starter, Gaines is going to get a lot more minutes. Collins likes Gaines better coming off the bench.
That Turner/Gaines combo off the bench is a couple of bad dudes who play well together.

Looks to me like they should be starting.
Turner played 31 minutes and Gaines 25, so it doesn't really matter, they got enough time.

For all the talk about depth this season, the top 5 guys in minutes against an OK but not B1G caliber team were:

I thought we'd see more balance and have 8 or 8 guys with 24-26 minutes. Maybe once the FY's get their sea legs we will. Biggest disappointment was BB who picked up 3 fouls in just 8 minutes. Granted, it was a smaller, quick team so didn't play to his strength. But need more out of a Junior big.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT