ADVERTISEMENT

Takeaways from a stunning night in Evanston

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Here's the first story from Victor Loza, who will be helping to cover basketball for WR this year. He picked a doozy of a game....

Merrimack, a Division II team just last year, pulled off a shocking 71-61 upset of Northwestern.

Northwestern stunned by Merrimack in opener

Last edited:
Reactions: Hungry Jack
I didn’t make the game, so I appreciate the great coverage in your 1st article.

3 questions for anyone, pls:
- No mention of Boo. Any details there? Did he look lost, or what?
- Was Turner’s issue a lack of effort? Just a hunch.
- I heard mention of bad coaching. Did it look like a lack of prep or execution or what?

Thx fellas.

Boo looking like he was on a short leash and probably deservedly so. He didn't seem to understand his role on defense and his offense was jacking up deep threes seconds into the possession. So he didn't get a lot of time.

Turner looked ok while he played, but I got the sense that Coach was giving the young guys he wants to gel a lot of minutes. Turner also borked a nice layup opportunity, that probably didn't help.

The team looked mostly lost and uncoached the majority of the time, as if they were rudderless and not sure what to do.

Reactions: Pete Purple
Boo looking like he was on a short leash and probably deservedly so. He didn't seem to understand his role on defense and his offense was jacking up deep threes seconds into the possession. So he didn't get a lot of time.

Turner looked ok while he played, but I got the sense that Coach was giving the young guys he wants to gel a lot of minutes. Turner also borked a nice layup opportunity, that probably didn't help.

The team looked mostly lost and uncoached the majority of the time, as if they were rudderless and not sure what to do.

Turner isn’t playing like a senior that we can rely on to make big shots. Until that starts happening, much of his PT will go elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT