ADVERTISEMENT

Talent deficit

You trolls are frustrating. I, for one, consider myself a bleed purple fan. That is not a get out of jail free card.

If my family, my friends, other things I associate with do something I disagree with, I call it out. Same w NU.

In your dating lives, did your loyalty to girlfriends transcend any wrong. Did your blind loyalty overlook cheating, lying, whatever?

No one or thing gets a free pass for me. Call a spade a spade. I root for NU. I want MOAR. And I will call out what I think is wrong when I see it.

Will anything change because I do? No. I get to vent. I get to engage in discussion. And maybe I am right, maybe I am wrong. But your opinions of my fan card, or my loyalty to my family, or family or NU make no difference to me.

I suspect the poster arrives after bad losses cuz he is so frustrated, angry. He expects better. He sees how better could have been achieved. He is disappointed, let down, but will still root and suffer with the cats.

So go on with your koolaid klan and attack those that will question the things they love when they feel questions need to be voiced. Perhaps that is your therapy. But you kid yourself if you believe any of it is true.
If you knew anything about who the poster in question is amd his posting, not even you would defend him. He doesn't care about NU football at all.

Bob, has your negative experience as a diver with your diving coach at NU influenced your attitude towards NU athletics and NU fans?

Well, if you expand beyond diving coach to the hearing I talked about, it has to. But I think more in the sense of distrust of AD administration.

Ultimately I’m a sports guy and seemed to have lucked into unfortunate sports fandom. Besides NU, my rabid south side love for the Sox and hate for the Cubs is hardly rational, but hardly unique. The Bears, Bulls and Hawks have delivered some great years, and more crappy ones. And I call them out on the failures I perceive. More potential audiences in those cases.

Btw, my experience as an athlete an NU was great. And that they gave me money to jump off a board was generous. And I was not completely blameless and would do some things differently if I could go back. I would like to believe that my experiences provide me a healthy dose of realism about some things that go on behind the curtains.

If you knew anything about who the poster in question is amd his posting, not even you would defend him. He doesn't care about NU football at all.

I don’t. And most people here don’t know each other beyond this board. These places serve a unique purpose for each person that visits. And if they didn’t, that person would stop visiting.

Beyond ignore, each of us chooses to visit this site and how often, each chooses which threads to open, which messages to read, when to bounce out of a thread. I skip a lot of stuff here. It doesn’t interest me. Tried the rant board, didn’t hold my attention.

So, I think that all the bickering is serving some purpose to those that bicker. Absent mental illness or masochistic tendencies, why would the same people keep opening and reading threads or posts by the people that they claim to despise? Heck, why wouldn’t they ignore them?

I have said on the b-ball board that without the controversy, the board would be dead, boring, empty. Some folks like the old gcg and Corbi, NU 70 71 72 73, no chores, rice - they provide some unique insight. Some, I would like to think me included, raise questions, apply logic to our limited knowledge and experience, spark debate and often good reading threads develop. Beats the hell out of Facebook.

And some can’t contribute like that. So they post awards, post like a crazy person, or just pick on people. I don’t like those last folks. And blind homerism also annoys me. So, I exercise the rights this country affords me and also post in ways to challenge those guys.

None of this gets personal to me...until some idiot actually decides to track me down and ruin his life. I think for almost everyone here, it’s a social outlet used in a variety of ways for a variety of purposes.

And some can’t contribute like that. So they post awards, post like a crazy person, or just pick on people. I don’t like those last folks. And blind homerism also annoys me. So, I exercise the rights this country affords me and also post in ways to challenge those guys.

So you pick on people you judge to be rooting too much for the program -- your so-called "homers" -- and defend those who bitch and moan all the time. Sounds about right.

So you pick on people you judge to be rooting too much for the program -- your so-called "homers" -- and defend those who bitch and moan all the time. Sounds about right.

Typical context extraction. So I will refill the context - I started 'picking' on those people that I identified as picking on me or others. I did not start attacking passive homers. You, Va, Mike at the time, gcg, now corbi - all drew my wrath because you started it. FL, alaska, glide and many more seem to be homers - but don't pick on anyone and I have never called them members of the PKK.

So, really it has less to do with rooting for or against the program (your belief, not mine), and more for those that act out (in my mind). Just so happens that the koolaid klan seem to initiate the attacks anytime someone wants to discuss anything critical of an NU team, athlete, staff member, etc. I can't remember the last time someone started a homer thread (and there are plenty) and someone jumped in and simply attacked the poster. Might have happened - I can't remember one. Now the number of threads started to be critical of something - well, the amount of attacks about the poster alone, those are countless.

koolaid klan
Now I understand your intent with the word "klan." You are trying to create an alliterative and pithy phrase to describe those that "drink the Kool-Aid". While obviously innocent, the word "klan" in and of itself is somewhat emotionally charged in our present political climate.

Might I suggest "Kool-Aid Klique?" The word "clique" is a little more cold and exclusive while the pre-political definition of the word "clan" is a little warmer and more inclusive. Probably closer to the precise intent - if I am indeed reading your intent correctly.

I embrace the definition of myself as a "homer." It seems silly to root for a team and not be one. Whether or not I believe that I "drink the Kool-Aid" is more questionable. Having been born and raised in Birmingham Alabama in the 1960's, having someone affiliate my name with the word "Klan" in any context makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
I wasn't trying to imply we have a deficit of talent compared to Akron. I was speaking in general terms: the overall talent level seems down. In years past, our teams had some superstars, some speedy wideouts, some outstanding DE's who could sack the QB. In general, I don't see any superstars out there. Larkin is obviously our best player, and Green seems like a very capable superback. But Larkin doesn't look like has home-run speed.

The OL looks completely terrible and maybe this is why we look so bad. The lack of a downfield passing game may be simply because the OL is bad and can't protect long enough for a downfield pass to be attempted.

On D, we can't pressure the QB and our secondary can't cover well.

We certainly have more talent than Akron, but in general talent level seems down compared to previous seasons....
Agree about Larkin and green and think you can add Nagel The O line has been a mess for years but Fitz doesn't see it that way, I guess. Moten has also been disappointing, along with the wide receivers. the secondary has been hot and cold .as has the D line. At times the pass rush has been zero, so maybe it's time for all out blitz's, and continue to play man in the back.

Agree about Larkin and green and think you can add Nagel The O line has been a mess for years but Fitz doesn't see it that way, I guess. Moten has also been disappointing, along with the wide receivers. the secondary has been hot and cold .as has the D line. At times the pass rush has been zero, so maybe it's time for all out blitz's, and continue to play man in the back.
I think that Moten would be very good in a wheel route. If he could get up a full head of steam going north/south and then get the ball in his hands, then he could take advantage of his straight ahead speed. Getting him matched up on a linebacker could give us a means to stretch the field a little.

Now I understand your intent with the word "klan." You are trying to create an alliterative and pithy phrase to describe those that "drink the Kool-Aid". While obviously innocent, the word "klan" in and of itself is somewhat emotionally charged in our present political climate.

Might I suggest "Kool-Aid Klique?" The word "clique" is a little more cold and exclusive while the pre-political definition of the word "clan" is a little warmer and more inclusive. Probably closer to the precise intent - if I am indeed reading your intent correctly.

I embrace the definition of myself as a "homer." It seems silly to root for a team and not be one. Whether or not I believe that I "drink the Kool-Aid" is more questionable. Having been born and raised in Birmingham Alabama in the 1960's, having someone affiliate my name with the word "Klan" in any context makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

That is a very fair and reasonable request. I actually got to thinking about the Southerns around here during the 2006 engagement. I really have grown to dislike the enormous political correct shift in this country, but I can appreciate and respect your thoughts and would be happy to honor your request. Going forward, PKK will stand for Purple Koolaid Klique.

Coincidentally, I don’t feel you qualify, homer or not, you are too rational. Thanks for your approach.

That is a very fair and reasonable request. I actually got to thinking about the Southerns around here during the 2006 engagement. I really have grown to dislike the enormous political correct shift in this country, but I can appreciate and respect your thoughts and would be happy to honor your request. Going forward, PKK will stand for Purple Koolaid Klique.

Coincidentally, I don’t feel you qualify, homer or not, you are too rational. Thanks for your approach.

Ironic.

Crazy Bob, the self-appointed judge of rationality.

Bob, has your negative experience as a diver with your diving coach at NU influenced your attitude towards NU athletics and NU fans?

And the plot thickens... inquiring minds want to know!

One thing I found funny: he keeps claiming he flew to the bowl game and gave another Cats fan a free flight. Yet that alleged fan has never emerged to defend him as a true Cats fan or a decent person. Nor has any fan claimed they like his posts or general presence on this board.

My guess: he gave someone that free flight and they couldn’t stand him, so they refrain from standing up for him and will never admit to having hung out with him. Or he made it all up, like his invisible plane, and is simply delusional.

For the record Bob flew a plane, his, with me as a passenger to the Music City Bowl. It was a real plane, not made of paper.

Bob struck me as quite the ardent NU football fan, so I would take his bona fides as legitimate.

Happy to fly with him to another game if the opportunity presents itself. Nothing offensive in his company, really quite the opposite. And he did an amazing job of explaining all that was going on to fly the plane to me, a complete novice.

I have no wish to get embroiled in this thread. However, since you have imagined and posted inaccurately, I feel obliged to set the record straight lest anyone be deceived by your speculations.

One other point: I did not fly for free, though I will concede that he charged me a very friendly rate.

And the plot thickens... inquiring minds want to know!

Fraud not, but thanks for finding this for me. This was what I thought got deleted.

I openly discussed on a b-ball thread my personal experiences and some things shared w me by other NU athletes. I don’t think the thread was mad deleted as no one was threatening physical violence. Might fight it with a search of Vassar.

Mike was referencing a completely different post (nice context change around by you), and suggesting TO ME that I wouldn’t be defending another poster here if I knew his identity. I suggested that I didn’t think it mattered.

Unless you are trying to emulate Fake News, you should really read the thread in order and not change the context.

For the record Bob flew a plane, his, with me as a passenger to the Music City Bowl. It was a real plane, not made of paper.

Bob struck me as quite the ardent NU football fan, so I would take his bona fides as legitimate.

Happy to fly with him to another game if the opportunity presents itself. Nothing offensive in his company, really quite the opposite. And he did an amazing job of explaining all that was going on to fly the plane to me, a complete novice.

I have no wish to get embroiled in this thread. However, since you have imagined and posted inaccurately, I feel obliged to set the record straight lest anyone be deceived by your speculations.

One other point: I did not fly for free, though I will concede that he charged me a very friendly rate.

You have me at a loss, I don’t remember ever charging anyone for flying somewhere together. Will often agree to split fuel. If I charged you something, I apologize and can not fathom why.

Got it: you’re the Far East Wildcat that used to run that site, right? If so, your wife is / was loose friends with my aunt. So I have a couple of asks:

Explain to Bob why associating NU fans with the KKK is offensive. If he still doesn’t get it, my offer stands to bring a couple of fellow African American alumni & Fitz fans to his country club that he mentioned so that he can call us “Klansmen” to our faces. Two of my good friends & fellow McCormick alums were the victims of a hate crime while we were at NU, as a swastika was drawn on their door. I think the FBI got involved. Based off of his idiocy on these boards, it sounds like a friend or family member of his committed that awful offense.

If you did run that site, then you know football better than he does. Explain to him that his posts are troll-like and that he’ll never be taken serious by knowledgeable fans if he can’t offer constructive critcism other than to continuously mock Thorson, who will have a nice NFL career if he stays healthy.

Feel free to come over to the Rock and post his full name! I’ve shared my identity on there and, despite his attacks on my intelligence and success, I’ve done quite well and defend all my football critiques on that board.

More full disclosure: I actually flew first class for free to and from the Music City Bowl, and had a lot of fun. That’s how I met the ESPN reporter and fellow alum / true fan who I discussed on the Rock. If your boy Bob can afford a plane, he can swing a Rock membership and share real details on himself instead of trolling our fanbase and acting like a moron.

Here, let me help:

CatMan2006, post: 548421, member: 844"]Got it: you’re the Far East Wildcat that used to run that site, right? If so, your wife is / was loose friends with my aunt. So I have a couple of asks:

Explain to Bob why associating NU fans with the KKK is offensive. If he still doesn’t get it, my offer stands to bring a couple of fellow African American alumni & Fitz fans to his country club that he mentioned so that he can call us “Klansmen” to our faces. Two of my good friends & fellow McCormick alums were the victims of a hate crime while we were at NU, as a swastika was drawn on their door. I think the FBI got involved. Based off of his idiocy on these boards, it sounds like a friend or family member of his committed that awful offense.

This was already discussed with Glide. PKK is not KKK, though I can appreciate some folks from the south being sensitive to the word 'klan.' At any rate, the only one of the three of your traveling party that I would call a klansman, now kliquer, is you. Unless you plan to bring someone like DaCat, gcg, corbi, etc. I'm afraid I am the only NU grad from my family (they represent about half of the rest of the B1G which used to really suck during the darker ages for FB and BB - my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles all came to FB games during my time and were disgusted by the marshmallow wars) - and none of us has any connection to white supremacy.

If you did run that site, then you know football better than he does. Explain to him that his posts are troll-like and that he’ll never be taken serious by knowledgeable fans if he can’t offer constructive critcism other than to continuously mock Thorson, who will have a nice NFL career if he stays healthy.

I enjoy reading the substantive posts around here. I miss the old gcg and corbi. I think I can maintain a conversation about football. I may not have strapped it on, but my money pays there bills since I am a fan. I don't need validation, that is not my use of this site, though it seems to be yours. I am here to discuss. I like debate, discussion and so forth. And I get enough here that I keep returning. So banning would not have worked even Lou found your threats of pulling your $100 back to be persuasive. I'm afraid you will have to convince everyone here not to talk to me and even then I would probably continue to return to read.

btw, challenge: find one most where I mock CT. I have critical at times, but not that critical. The OL and WR receive most of my harshness.

Feel free to come over to the Rock and post his full name! I’ve shared my identity on there and, despite his attacks on my intelligence and success, I’ve done quite well and defend all my football critiques on that board.

Now you are getting creepy - asking other people for my info. I gave you the way to meet me. Or we can trade names right here - you first.

More full disclosure: I actually flew first class for free to and from the Music City Bowl, and had a lot of fun. That’s how I met the ESPN reporter and fellow alum / true fan who I discussed on the Rock. If your boy Bob can afford a plane, he can swing a Rock membership and share real details on himself instead of trolling our fanbase and acting like a moron.

Glad you got to visit 1st Class - only way to go when you have to go commercial. Might be hard for you to understand, but my reluctance to go to the Rock is not the $100. Lacks of enough content, exclusivity, higher concentration of PKK, I have my reasons - but I have wasted more than $100 over the past 72 hours and not blinked. I will admit that I am darkly curious about that thread you started and continues to grow and seemingly relates mostly about me....

Here, let me help:

CatMan2006, post: 548421, member: 844"]Got it: you’re the Far East Wildcat that used to run that site, right? If so, your wife is / was loose friends with my aunt. So I have a couple of asks:

This was already discussed with Glide. PKK is not KKK, though I can appreciate some folks from the south being sensitive to the word 'klan.' At any rate, the only one of the three of your traveling party that I would call a klansman, now kliquer, is you. Unless you plan to bring someone like DaCat, gcg, corbi, etc. I'm afraid I am the only NU grad from my family (they represent about half of the rest of the B1G which used to really suck during the darker ages for FB and BB - my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles all came to FB games during my time and were disgusted by the marshmallow wars) - and none of us has any connection to white supremacy.

I enjoy reading the substantive posts around here. I miss the old gcg and corbi. I think I can maintain a conversation about football. I may not have strapped it on, but my money pays there bills since I am a fan. I don't need validation, that is not my use of this site, though it seems to be yours. I am here to discuss. I like debate, discussion and so forth. And I get enough here that I keep returning. So banning would not have worked even Lou found your threats of pulling your $100 back to be persuasive. I'm afraid you will have to convince everyone here not to talk to me and even then I would probably continue to return to read.

btw, challenge: find one most where I mock CT. I have critical at times, but not that critical. The OL and WR receive most of my harshness.

Now you are getting creepy - asking other people for my info. I gave you the way to meet me. Or we can trade names right here - you first.

Glad you got to visit 1st Class - only way to go when you have to go commercial. Might be hard for you to understand, but my reluctance to go to the Rock is not the $100. Lacks of enough content, exclusivity, higher concentration of PKK, I have my reasons - but I have wasted more than $100 over the past 72 hours and not blinked. I will admit that I am darkly curious about that thread you started and continues to grow and seemingly relates mostly about me....

I may have figured the mystery out and if correct, it sucks. I happened to be back getting my Environmental Eng degree at NU in the mid 2000's. Same time that I also found this Board. Guy that I met in a class and studied with was a LB, but ultimately quit the team. His roommate was Austin Matthews, who also departed mysteriously (not so much as those two had quite the party cove). But I remember taking Fluid Dynamics and xxx usually sat a couple rows in front of me. I rather admired the guy - good player, smart dude, nothing not to like.

I mention this because I crack just enough code to get bit and pieces off the Rock side and discovered 2006 is a McC grad in Civ Eng. Not too many of them that player FB in mid 2000's - one was a good friend, another a guy I admired (Cofield's gf was another and another good friend - I met him when he locked his keys in his car and sent a locksmith I knew to help them out). I really hope its not Xxx - hate to tarnish that memory.

Last edited:
I may have figured the mystery out and if correct, it sucks. I happened to be back getting my Environmental Eng degree at NU in the mid 2000's. Same time that I also found this Board. Guy that I met in a class and studied with was a LB, but ultimately quit the team. His roommate was Austin Matthews, who also departed mysteriously (not so much as those two had quite the party cove). But I remember taking Fluid Dynamics and Kevin Mims usually sat a couple rows in front of me. I rather admired the guy - good player, smart dude, nothing not to like.

I mention this because I crack just enough code to get bit and pieces off the Rock side and discovered 2006 is a McC grad in Civ Eng. Not too many of them that player FB in mid 2000's - one was a good friend, another a guy I admired (Cofield's gf was another and another good friend - I met him when he locked his keys in his car and sent a locksmith I knew to help them out). I really hope its not Mims - hate to tarnish that memory.

2006 is not Mims. When you figure it all out, please let us know.

By the way, are you doing anything exciting with that EnvE degree? A good, innovative company to work for is Sheaffer & Roland in Geneva, IL.

http://www.sheafferandroland.com/

2006 is not Mims. When you figure it all out, please let us know.

By the way, are you doing anything exciting with that EnvE degree? A good, innovative company to work for is Sheaffer & Roland in Geneva, IL.

http://www.sheafferandroland.com/

After a series of midlife crisis, I found myself as CFO / COO of a very small cap trucking company. Tried the EnE route and found myself only helping corporate US further degree de-green the world. Led to another midlife crisis, started scuba company, started working with the Shedd, ultimately moved to St Thomas for a year to work w sea lions, drive boats, teach scuba.

Don’t give away the solution yet, Glades. After all, Crazy xyzbob Watson is on the case!

Thanks to the Rock posters for letting me know he’s trying to decipher my identity and post it on here (which isn’t a bannable offense... how, @lou v ?). One of my buddies from the swim team is giving me a call back tomorrow. I’ll be sure to let him know that loonybobxyz was a diver who couldn’t spell if his lame life depended on it. It won’t take me long to get some funny stories on him from other alums.

And bob, if you come over to the Rock and apologize, I may just call off “the hunt” (if you’re familiar with the Northeast, that phrase in quotes is a clue to where I hang my hat!). Good luck otherwise batcrapbobzyx!
computers-internet-technology-computers-sherlock_holmes-detectives-rron1280_low.jpg

There was someone else around here who used the similar juvenile name calling. Wonder if this genius is a friend of Little walkee. Anywho, just glad it’s not Xxx. Would have sucked to learn he was a meathead.

Kinda funny the effort 2006 is putting into this thing. I must have become very important to him. Woa is me. The bully is out to get me.

Oh well, I think I will just sit and wait for FL to delete another thread and Lou enact that ban that 2006 demanded.

Last edited:
After a series of midlife crisis, I found myself as CFO / COO of a very small cap trucking company. Tried the EnE route and found myself only helping corporate US further degree de-green the world. Led to another midlife crisis, started scuba company, started working with the Shedd, ultimately moved to St Thomas for a year to work w sea lions, drive boats, teach scuba.

Sounds like fun. Do you help clean the Shedd Aquarium or do you work with their researchers? One of my dive friends used to clean the tank at the Pgh zoo. Anyway, it sure beats diving in flooding rivers in winter with a wet suit.

Sounds like fun. Do you help clean the Shedd Aquarium or do you work with their researchers? One of my dive friends used to clean the tank at the Pgh zoo. Anyway, it sure beats diving in flooding rivers in winter with a wet suit.

It began voluntering w a specific set of habitats to do target feeding, deco repair and cleaning. Soon, I was working all the scuba eligible habitats. Then I started working with different departments on land - quarantine, marine mammals, otters. I left to work in STT for a year and then back to the real world.

These days, I have no time and am overly involved in the charitable organization I started. But we send people to the Shedd dive staff regularly and always have 3-4 on it.

They have just opened their shark tank to the dive staff so I have been debating a return, but there is a considerable time commitment and I don’t have any to consistently spare.

I like to read the boards but had to join in on this insanity! Seem like a real triple lindy Bob! Collegiate diver, non profit benefactor who saves the whales, and pilot. Swoon. Will you be at the alum tailgate for swimming and diving?

Reactions: CatManTrue
I like to read the boards but had to join in on this insanity! Seem like a real triple lindy Bob! Collegiate diver, non profit benefactor who saves the whales, and pilot. Swoon. Will you be at the alum tailgate for swimming and diving?
I think I have a new hero. God Bless America and the Wildcat report. And Swammer2008, someone who I know earned his S&D scholarship.

I’m no hero, I’m just a former NU swimmer who likes to stir the pot. And would love to get some of Bob’s aquatics donations to flow to the desperately needing a rebuild NUSD program and not a shark tank! Here’s to hoping- Bob beers on me at the tailgate?

I’m no hero, I’m just a former NU swimmer who likes to stir the pot. And would love to get some of Bob’s aquatics donations to flow to the desperately needing a rebuild NUSD program and not a shark tank! Here’s to hoping- Bob beers on me at the tailgate?
Don’t be modest: You are a hero. And given that bob’s college education was paid for by a NUSD scholarship, I think your request is more than reasonable.

If you pull off this miracle and get bob back on board to make a substantial donation to NUSD? Well then, Beers on me for you both! Hell, @FloridAlum @CoralSpringsCat: your first one (at least) are on me too for being cool dudes.

And Swammer: you know I’m good for them. I don’t think xyzbob thinks I can afford them, but I bet you know I can.

Oh you are cute. And that rant on the Rock about self important - let me be clear, I am no one. You would not recognize me, nobody would. I do not stand out among any city, town, state or country. I have saved no whales, dolphins or sea lions - though would love to join a program like that some day. I have started a NFP organization that is quite healthy and does many things including creating opportunities for Vets, kids with barriers and folks with disabilities - and if that is good reason to mock me, carry on.

Some folks ask me questions, I answer. Some idiots challenge me, I answer the challenge. I am above no one. I am human, logical, flawed, relatively smart, most definitely a smart arse. And I don't like koolaid. But I am an NU alum, former athlete and fan. I went there twice - two different undergrad degrees. (I suppose if I was particularly gifted, I would have returned as a faculty member and not an undergrad again, but I digress.) You must be 2006's buddy. Glad to see you willing to blindly and publicly throw your hat in the ring, not access the scenario yourself and blindly trust your buddy. Cool. welcome aboard the crazy train.

You should slow your reading down. I said that the Shedd has opened the previously restricted shark to its volunteer dive team. As an avid diver, that interests me. But volunteering at the Shedd requires a considerable commitment of TIME, something I don't have consistently. My money does not go to the Shedd. I haven't been to SPAC for decades - but it was pretty darn nice in my day, even though the platforms only went to 5m.

Is Bob still the mens coach? Kathy still leading the women?

Don’t be modest: You are a hero. And given that bob’s college education was paid for by a NUSD scholarship, I think your request is more than reasonable.

If you pull off this miracle and get bob back on board to make a substantial donation to NUSD? Well then, Beers on me for you both! Hell, @FloridAlum @CoralSpringsCat: your first one (at least) are on me too for being cool dudes.

And Swammer: you know I’m good for them. I don’t think xyzbob thinks I can afford them, but I bet you know I can.

Admittedly, I cannot tell if you are trying to extend some sort of olive branch or be sarcastic. Doesn't matter - who and how I give, when I give is between me and them, so no beers for me. (I am a vodka soda anyway.)

Glad you can see I’m heavily laden with sarcasm, I hope you don’t take it too seriously- it’s a public message board! I didn’t ready too fast, simply poking fun at the absurdity ignored minutia of the thread. A beer wasn’t a beg for bucks, it’s an alum reaching out to an apparent other for organized alum-team activities. But you’re a diver I forgot! We could arrange vodka soda, or cosmos, or even a daiquari if you like! No judging, well save the beer for swimmers! Will be in the west lot and welcome all swimmers... even divers. Bob has been gone for 9 years, was inducted to hall of fame last Friday. Kathy half a dozen coaches and a combined program ago.

Geez, when is this all going to stop?

Cmon, like a good car wreck in the snow, you can’t look away. Every time one thinks we have reached the peak, the writers throw in a new, unexpected twist.

Beats griping for two weeks after that game. What did we use most the bandwidth for after ISU?

ADVERTISEMENT