ADVERTISEMENT

Talent deficit

When one side or the other gives up. In other words...never.

It might quiet down some when NU wins a couple of games.

Well, Bob does disappear from this board when NU wins so you’re probably onto something here.

Well, Bob does disappear from this board when NU wins so you’re probably onto something here.

Absolutely untrue. Would you like proof? How about all my posting after the last Bowl game? I’m tempting to go all archive on you.

I seem to recall you showed up after your surgery 9/1/18......

Probably, Lara says I spend too much time here. Sometimes I stay away for a few days if I recorded the game if I could not watch it live.

If we beat Michigan and Michigan State, it'll nearly be like the Akron/Duke games never happened.

Obviously, we all hope for that. Up to the coaches and players to turn this around. The pieces are there but we haven't played (or coached) a full 60 minutes yet. Time will tell if we can...

Reactions: CatManTrue
Admittedly, I cannot tell if you are trying to extend some sort of olive branch or be sarcastic. Doesn't matter - who and how I give, when I give is between me and them, so no beers for me. (I am a vodka soda anyway.)
Took you off ignore as I was curious as to your reaction: yes, that is a legitimate extension of an olive branch. I don’t want any beef with anyone, ever, especially fellow Cats fans (there are few enough of us as there are).

Per my boy swammer’s post, whatever you drink can be obtained. We’re clearly both beer drinkers but I also drink coffee by the pint (in the mornings; never past mid-day). Regardless of how you donate, I have two asks:

• Drop the “Klan” or “Klique” or similar references to people who support Fitz and the program through thick and thin. I was a member of NSBE and there is only one potential reference that the “Klan” stuff that is calling to mind. I don’t care if you call me a Wildcat apologist or a “Fitz fanboy” or whatever. Just drop the racially charged references that could turn away fans, players, or recruits who are AA. If not for calling me a “Klansman” this would never have escalated. Happy to share more on the Rock if you ever go over there
  • Please remove Mims’ name out from your post. He is a standup friendly guy who has nothing to do with this, outside of being a fellow former football player & engineer. Someday his kids are going to search his name and “Northwestern football” and I would be embarrassed if this wackiness shows up in his Google results
Do we have a deal? I rarely ever hold grudges and all can be forgiven. These are my asks.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
Took you off ignore as I was curious as to your reaction: yes, that is a legitimate extension of an olive branch. I don’t want any beef with anyone, ever, especially fellow Cats fans (there are few enough of us as there are).

Per my boy swammer’s post, whatever you drink can be obtained. We’re clearly both beer drinkers but I also drink coffee by the pint (in the mornings; never past mid-day). Regardless of how you donate, I have two asks:

• Drop the “Klan” or “Klique” or similar references to people who support Fitz and the program through thick and thin. I was a member of NSBE and there is only one potential reference that the “Klan” stuff that is calling to mind. I don’t care if you call me a Wildcat apologist or a “Fitz fanboy” or whatever. Just drop the racially charged references that could turn away fans, players, or recruits who are AA. If not for calling me a “Klansman” this would never have escalated. Happy to share more on the Rock if you ever go over there
  • Please remove Mims’ name out from your post. He is a standup friendly guy who has nothing to do with this, outside of being a fellow former football player & engineer. Someday his kids are going to search his name and “Northwestern football” and I would be embarrassed if this wackiness shows up in his Google results
Do we have a deal? I rarely ever hold grudges and all can be forgiven. These are my asks.

I appreciate the olive branch and will agree to find the post and delete mim’s, though many player names appear on these boards.

I agree with glide to replace the word klan with klique and that is how I plan to move forward. I do not apply PKK liberally. It is not about those that blindly root for NU. It is for the aggressive ones that feel the need to call those of us that post critically non fans or trolls. When all that stops (probably never), my PKK label will die off.

FL, glide, many around here root without question. Many defend the coaches, the AD and admin blindly, and that creates discussion. But when the personal attacks start, I will engage and I know my PKK bugs a few of them.

So, I can agree to not use klan. I can agree to apply to you. But I cannot agree to simply play nice with the jerks around here.

Glad to see you willing to blindly and publicly throw your hat in the ring, not access the scenario yourself and blindly trust your buddy. Cool.

Enjoying a taste of your own medicine, Bob?

Cool.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: mikewebb68
I appreciate the olive branch and will agree to find the post and delete mim’s, though many player names appear on these boards.

I agree with glide to replace the word klan with klique and that is how I plan to move forward. I do not apply PKK liberally. It is not about those that blindly root for NU. It is for the aggressive ones that feel the need to call those of us that post critically non fans or trolls. When all that stops (probably never), my PKK label will die off.

FL, glide, many around here root without question. Many defend the coaches, the AD and admin blindly, and that creates discussion. But when the personal attacks start, I will engage and I know my PKK bugs a few of them.

So, I can agree to not use klan. I can agree to apply to you. But I cannot agree to simply play nice with the jerks around here.
I don’t think anyone is rooting without question. I for one share my honest criticism on the Rock so that recruits don’t see it, as they (and current players) do occasionally read these boards.

Even gcg had a thread demanding changes (later deleted, don’t know why :)). People are frustrated and I’m sure no one is more so than Fitz explaining why we keep losing games we should win at the start of each season. I don’t logically see how changes aren’t made this offseason, unless we somehow beat ND and miraculously end up in Indianapolis battling OSU for a trip to the Rose Bowl this year.

Reactions: IGNORE2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT