ADVERTISEMENT

Talent level

ajr938

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2013
It is shocking to see the lack of talent that we are marching out there. After several good seasons and the new facility I would have hoped that we would be taking a step up talent level, instead we have regressed. Our talent level is abysmal. O-line play is lousy, our receivers can't get separation, and our QB play is on par with D3. If Hunter Johnson does not develop and turn out to be as good as advertised then we are in serious trouble for years to come. Smith has had more than enough opportunity to show that he is not the future. Marty seems an unlikely option since he cannot beat out Smith. The sample size on Green was not enough, but if he could not be the clear cut starter over Johnson to start the season to me that is concerning.
Hopefully, this year does not erase all the recruiting momentum we had been building.

It is shocking to see the lack of talent that we are marching out there. After several good seasons and the new facility I would have hoped that we would be taking a step up talent level, instead we have regressed. Our talent level is abysmal. O-line play is lousy, our receivers can't get separation, and our QB play is on par with D3. If Hunter Johnson does not develop and turn out to be as good as advertised then we are in serious trouble for years to come. Smith has had more than enough opportunity to show that he is not the future. Marty seems an unlikely option since he cannot beat out Smith. The sample size on Green was not enough, but if he could not be the clear cut starter over Johnson to start the season to me that is concerning.
Hopefully, this year does not erase all the recruiting momentum we had been building.
If none of our younger players can beat out the guys we have, it looks pretty dismal.

Even worse what is the over under on how many decommitments transfers we will have. I would guess there will be some...

They have plenty of talent. The video boards show us how well they can sing and figure out emoji movie names.

ADVERTISEMENT