ADVERTISEMENT

Talked to new 2020 QB Carl Richardson: What a story!

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
If this kid is as cool in the pocket as he was in the recruiting process, he's going to be a star.

Carl camped at NU in the summer of 2018 and hasn't been back since. He's been sending film to NU recruiter Todd McShane and was in touch from time to time, but he knew NU had their QB, so that was it. Then, on Wednesday, he reached out to NU to say he was available. NU contacted his head coach, his QB coach and his parents to do their due diligence, and Coach Bajakian and Coach Fitz talked to him several times over the last couple days. Fitz FaceTime'd him today to offer him and Carl committed on the spot.

This kid decided he wasn't going to deal with recruiting during his senior year to focus on his team at Salinas. As a result, he lost some of his opportunities. His plan all along was to enroll early in college. He just had no idea where he was going until today! Can you believe that? Now he's starting classes at NU on Jan. 4.

He's a very friendly, easy-going but confident kid. Seems like a quarterback personality, with a little bit of a California, laid-back twist. He was laughing a lot as he told me the story. I've talked to a lot of excited kids over the years, but this kid is jacked to be a Wildcat. I can't believe how well things worked out for him -- and neither can he.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News