ADVERTISEMENT

Ten Questions: 4. Will Northwestern have a home field advantage?

Interesting article, and I am excited about our temporary venue. I feel that the lakefront weather concerns are a bit...overblown. I don't expect much difference in temperature or precipitation vs the previous location. Heck, the lake temp in Oct will be higher than the air temp.

Sure, the will could be problematic, for both teams, but I don't expect much overall difference from RF

Interesting article, and I am excited about our temporary venue. I feel that the lakefront weather concerns are a bit...overblown. I don't expect much difference in temperature or precipitation vs the previous location. Heck, the lake temp in Oct will be higher than the air temp.

Sure, the will could be problematic, for both teams, but I don't expect much overall difference from RF
I suspect the only meaningful difference will be the playing surface. The crowd had litttle if any impact at RF and, as noted, the weather conditions will not vary much from those at RF.

Ryan Field’s long grass helped minimize our speed deficits. I would expect the lax field will not. I have no idea whether in terms of safety that field is more akin to the Ryan Field grass or Dyche Stadium turf so injuries may be something to watch. I don’t think RF had much of a crown but am assuming the lax field has none for what that’s worth.

I suspect the only meaningful difference will be the playing surface. The crowd had litttle if any impact at RF and, as noted, the weather conditions will not vary much from those at RF.

Ryan Field’s long grass helped minimize our speed deficits. I would expect the lax field will not. I have no idea whether in terms of safety that field is more akin to the Ryan Field grass or Dyche Stadium turf so injuries may be something to watch. I don’t think RF had much of a crown but am assuming the lax field has none for what that’s worth.

How will the weather impact concerts along the lake?

How will the weather impact concerts along the lake?
It has been reported that NU relocated all of this summer’s planned concerts to your garage so there should be no weather concerns as long as you did go ahead and repair that roof leak.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT