ADVERTISEMENT

Ten Questions: 8. Can Northwestern have a 1,000-yard receiver?

The eighth question in our Ten Questions series.
Matt, thanks for your work on this series of questions. There are three questions I have about the receiver group that I haven’t seen talk about:

1) Why the move of Henning from slot to wideout?
2) Why is Reggie Fleurima not in any of the discussions about receivers?
3) Has there been any discussion of sometimes using Himon as a slot receiver?

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
Matt, thanks for your work on this series of questions. There are three questions I have about the receiver group that I haven’t seen talk about:

1) Why the move of Henning from slot to wideout?
2) Why is Reggie Fleurima not in any of the discussions about receivers?
3) Has there been any discussion of sometimes using Himon as a slot receiver?
My takes:

1) I think it gets him on the field more often. I'm sure they'll still use him there from time to time but I don't think they'd want to take him off for two TE sets, and I think they want to prioritize him more as a target.

2) It's just not what we've seen or heard so far. He got some garbage time reps at the end of games last season, but Calvin Johnson II, Frank Covey IV and Ray Niro, when healthy, seemed to be ahead on the depth chart.

3) Not that I've heard, but like Fleurima, we'll see. I think they'd rather have Covey there and have Himon work as a pass catcher out of the backfield, but we'll see what things look like in fall camp.

Would be remarkable to have a 4th in 2024.

Particularly since our QB has thrown for but slightly more than 1,000 in any prior single season.

Reactions: phatcat
My takes:

1) I think it gets him on the field more often. I'm sure they'll still use him there from time to time but I don't think they'd want to take him off for two TE sets, and I think they want to prioritize him more as a target.

2) It's just not what we've seen or heard so far. He got some garbage time reps at the end of games last season, but Calvin Johnson II, Frank Covey IV and Ray Niro, when healthy, seemed to be ahead on the depth chart.

3) Not that I've heard, but like Fleurima, we'll see. I think they'd rather have Covey there and have Himon work as a pass catcher out of the backfield, but we'll see what things look like in fall camp.
Matt, thanks for the thoughtful reply. You and Lou do a great job, and I always appreciate your insight.

Show your support by signing up for a premium subscription. 60% off special going on now.
Coral, as much as I would like to, my spouse has been dealing with a long term health debilitation the last few years. As pensioners, we needed to cut a number of items from our budget, including almost all our publication sbscriptions, including this one, in order to allocate some funds for home support.

I certainly would encourage those who have the flexibility to subscribe to do so. Matt and Lou do a great job and deserve the support. In the meantime, I will try to respectfully contribute to the community from the cheap seats. ( Go Cats).

Coral, as much as I would like to, my spouse has been dealing with a long term health debilitation the last few years. As pensioners, we needed to cut a number of items from our budget, including almost all our publication sbscriptions, including this one, in order to allocate some funds for home support.

I certainly would encourage those who have the flexibility to subscribe to do so. Matt and Lou do a great job and deserve the support. In the meantime, I will try to respectfully contribute to the community from the cheap seats. ( Go Cats).

Been thinking about your post. Very sorry to hear about your current situation. Lou/Matt, what’s the monthly cost of subscription during the current special/sale?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT