ADVERTISEMENT

Terrific news for all the OL critics.

Your right, I don't see everything through purple glasses. Your a knowledgeable football guy, so tell me if you would rather have a OL coach who played at Michigan, coached at Arkansas and the NFL or one who didn't play Div. I football and coached at Univ. of Chicago. Be honest, now.
There are plenty of coaches that were at small schools and did very very well

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
Your right, I don't see everything through purple glasses. Your a knowledgeable football guy, so tell me if you would rather have a OL coach who played at Michigan, coached at Arkansas and the NFL or one who didn't play Div. I football and coached at Univ. of Chicago. Be honest, now.

Purple colored glasses? I agree, no. Yours are more the color of Ashes and Soot.

Seems like a great hire.

Is it mentioned anywhere that he’ll specifically be working on the Offensive Line, or is that just the assumption given his past coaching experience? I’m sure that will at the very least be part of what he does, but it would be nice to know if he’s splitting his time with other responsibilities or if he will be devoted to shoring up NU’s weakest link.

Who cares? All I know is that this guy is coming to work with our OL in some capacity. Not to mention he was born in Evanston, starred at Glenbrook South and played his college ball in Ann Arbor (won’t hold that against him). I’m stoked.

that certainly looks like an OL coach from Arkansas that worked with Bret Bielema...

sounds like a good hire and background though!

If you’re going to be negative, at least get your grammar correct.

Basically everything except actually coach on the field. Film review, game planning, etc.
Can he coach in practice or is he restricted there as well? Hopefully he could at least work with Cushing to help him become more solid

Can he coach in practice or is he restricted there as well? Hopefully he could at least work with Cushing to help him become more solid
This whole thing seems odd. I wonder if this is one of those temporary jobs, like Saban uses with former head coaches, give them a staff job while they look for their next full time coaching job. Cushing is the OL coach, full stop. I seriously doubt Anderson is going to be pulling Adam's strings behind the scenes. Adding Anderson is a positive but I don't think it will mean much around day-to-day player development.

This whole thing seems odd. I wonder if this is one of those temporary jobs, like Saban uses with former head coaches, give them a staff job while they look for their next full time coaching job. Cushing is the OL coach, full stop. I seriously doubt Anderson is going to be pulling Adam's strings behind the scenes. Adding Anderson is a positive but I don't think it will mean much around day-to-day player development.

Seems most likely, but Anderson has enough ties to the current staff and area that I hope it at least has Cushing’s attention that a ready-made replacement is already on staff.

Reactions: IGNORE2
If you’re going to be negative, at least get your grammar correct.
Ah the grammar police respond. Now answer the question that was posted, would you rather have a OL coach who coached in the NFL and played at Michigan or one that coached at the U of Chicago? You can only pick one.

Ah the grammar police respond. Now answer the question that was posted, would you rather have a OL coach who coached in the NFL and played at Michigan or one that coached at the U of Chicago? You can only pick one.

I pick "don't give a crap so long as he can coach an offensive line."

Kurt Anderson has a "brother" who is a member of Force Recon, USMC, had 7 tours in the rock pile and sandbox, and spoke to Anderson's OL.

Kurt Anderson just went up several notches. Handles himself very well on camera.

Reactions: BigCatCT
Sounds like a great hire. Looks like another blessing from the new facilities (might not have fit into the old place:)

"Your" and "you're" mean very different things. As one who doesn't pronounce words as he reads them, that mistake really throws me off because you ends up with no verb in the sentence, and I have to go back to try to figure out what in the world you're saying. It's not just a silly grammar rule. You're making it harder to read. You may or may not care about that, but...
As for for where the coach played, it's entirely irrelevant. The best hoops coach in the B1G played his ball for Wheeling Jesuit and began his coaching career at Erie Community, Nazareth College and LeMoyne. Meanwhile, the future best coach in the B1G played and coached at Duke.

"Your" and "you're" mean very different things. As one who doesn't pronounce words as he reads them, that mistake really throws me off because you ends up with no verb in the sentence, and I have to go back to try to figure out what in the world you're saying. It's not just a silly grammar rule. You're making it harder to read. You may or may not care about that, but...
As for for where the coach played, it's entirely irrelevant. The best hoops coach in the B1G played his ball for Wheeling Jesuit and began his coaching career at Erie Community, Nazareth College and LeMoyne. Meanwhile, the future best coach in the B1G played and coached at Duke.
Thanks teach. I'll really try next time to make you happy, really. Now back to discussing college sports on a internet message board. Graduate thesis to follow.

Fitz has made 3 great hires for the program, a great recruiting class coming in and setting us up for the future at QB for the next 4 years; program moving into the lakefront facility which should amplify recruiting (along with having Hunter Johnson as a draw).

Future's about as bright as it's ever been in Evanston right now.

The University of Chicago coach: Smarter. Quick learner. Probably a better communicator and grammarian.

The difference between "Knowing your shit" and "Knowing you're shit." can be a real life changer.;)

Seems most likely, but Anderson has enough ties to the current staff and area that I hope it at least has Cushing’s attention that a ready-made replacement is already on staff.
Anderson looks like a great addition who knows his stuff. but Cushing ought to have already been aware that there are alumni coaching OL in other collegiate programs that could easily replace him. He needs to coach that unit up to keep his job, and Anderson should help him a lot behind the scenes much like a certain GA helped another OL coach under Fitz’s predecessor.

I still owe my “magnum opus” from the Music City Bowl where I’ll name potential candidates on the rock (it’s been a crazy difficult year and I’m rarely on my personal laptop to type it up). But I love this addition by Fitz for many reasons, and hope Cushing gets the wake up call. No more excuses: with top notch facilities, the program should start seeing better results on the field and it all starts and ends in the trenches.

Anderson looks like a great addition who knows his stuff. but Cushing ought to have already been aware that there are alumni coaching OL in other collegiate programs that could easily replace him. He needs to coach that unit up to keep his job, and Anderson should help him a lot behind the scenes much like a certain GA helped another OL coach under Fitz’s predecessor.

I still owe my “magnum opus” from the Music City Bowl where I’ll name potential candidates on the rock (it’s been a crazy difficult year and I’m rarely on my personal laptop to type it up). But I love this addition by Fitz for many reasons, and hope Cushing gets the wake up call. No more excuses: with top notch facilities, the program should start seeing better results on the field and it all starts and ends in the trenches.

Looking forward to your “magnum opus” on the Rock. I have a couple of alums in mind as well but wait for your future post to respond.

ADVERTISEMENT