ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks Clayton Thorson

Jonny2TheP

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2007
Des Moines, IA
So much appreciation for a QB that represented the university perfectly, overcame a serious injury, started 53 games at NU, and won 36 of them. The NU program grew while he was here and he should be applauded for that.

He put his heart and soul into a program I am proud of and enjoy greatly.

Extremely appreciative of what he gave and accomplished.

Last edited:
So much appreciation for a QB that represented the university perfectly, overcame a serious injury, started 53 games at NU, and won 36 of them. The NU program grew while he was here and he should be applauded for that.

He put his heart and soul into a program I am proud of and enjoy greatly.

Extremely appreciative of what he gave and accimplished.
And what a class act. I want to be like him when I grow up

Remember that video he did on YouTube when he was a freshman? Nobody knew who he was. he asked people who their favorite player was and they said Justin Jackson the ball carrier

Love that video, but I like the one where he and Cam Green tried to recreate Taphorn to Pardon even more.

From that first 50 yard sprint for a TD against Stanford in 2015. Now 52 games later, quite a legacy he is leaving.
I don’t think he’ll ever get the credit he deserves. Unfortunate that many focus entirely on any shortcomings, but the man was instrumental in a lot of close victories that others would not have pulled out.

Another classic case of you don't know what you have until you don't have it -- when he went out with the injury (temporarily thank goodness) the game suddenly felt less certain. No knock on Green but without Thorson it just seemed harder.

Hopefully next year HJ will step up and surpass CT. But CT just won games, that's what he did. A great career at NU.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Another classic case of you don't know what you have until you don't have it -- when he went out with the injury (temporarily thank goodness) the game suddenly felt less certain. No knock on Green but without Thorson it just seemed harder.

Hopefully next year HJ will step up and surpass CT. But CT just won games, that's what he did. A great career at NU.
Yup. If CT was at full strength to begin the year, I guarantee we would not have gone winless in OOC play.

I have LOVED rooting for CT the last several years! That won’t end now, wherever you go, you’ve got supporters!

Really, really awesome player.

“I feel like we laid the groundwork for national titles in the future”, he said on the postgame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT