ADVERTISEMENT

That's it!

Gladeskat

Gold Member
Feb 17, 2004
Pass the sweet and sour sauce. Time to enjoy some roast Duck and a National Championship for the Big Ten!

Congrats OSU Buckeyes!

I was pulling for the Ducks, but I'm all right with not having to hear about the weak Big 10 for a while.

This post was edited on 1/13 3:21 AM by StreamCat

And it wasn't really close. Minus just a couple of those silly turnovers this would have been a true rout.

Congrats to OSU. Well deserved and a very talented team in all phases. Won the National title with a 3rd string QB!
They will be tough to beat for the foreseeable future.
Tough challenge for the rest of the Big 10.

"Pass the sweet and sour sauce."

You're right--a mixed blessing, but better us than them. I really hope NU will face OSU in the B1G championship game within the next two years!

Originally posted by stpaulcat:
I really hope NU will face OSU in the B1G championship game within the next two years!
...and win!

It's sweet and sour sauce in another way. Buckeyes are hardly my favorite B1G side, but had to pull for them tonight as I've certainly had enough of the B1G-bashing crap the past few years. SEC fans can STFU for a while, and that's the second year in a row that the B1G has downed the Pac12 champion in bowl season.

That puts the B1G at 7-6 in the bowl season with wins in most of the major bowls in which we played.

The fact that OSU's NC march went through Alabama in the Sugar Bowl (basically a home game for the SEC) makes for no questions.

It was nice to see a B1G team play someone in a major bowl where they were about equidistant from their fan bases. It was actually a neutral site.

Too bad I moved from Tennessee last week because the SEC crying is probably still filling the airwaves and will continue until next season.

Yep, no question who was who tonight; a richly deserved and dominant win for the Buckeyes. A tip o' the cap to our friend Klemman on this impressive performance.

Thanks for the hat tip. The tip should go to the players and coaches. The only influence I had on the game were a couple of superstitions that I do for every game. Who am I kidding? That's the reason the Buckeyes won. Me!!

The more impressive achievement is that the B1G defeated the Pac-12 champion, the SEC champion, and the Big 12 champion. We also swept the ACC.

Originally posted by klemman:
Thanks for the hat tip. The tip should go to the players and coaches. The only influence I had on the game were a couple of superstitions that I do for every game. Who am I kidding? That's the reason the Buckeyes won. Me!!
You have a stuffed Moose in your closet?

ADVERTISEMENT