ADVERTISEMENT

the $10 million dollar question - will baseball raise the funds

haywood jahblowme

Aug 5, 2010
tough situation. huge project going on will all resources going to that, and then the big donation comes through. i heard we need an addition $10-15 million to build the baseball stadium.

any chance the baseball donors come through with that much money??? heard we need it by fall. will be interesting,

Originally posted by haywood jahblowme:
tough situation. huge project going on will all resources going to that, and then the big donation comes through. i heard we need an addition $10-15 million to build the baseball stadium.

any chance the baseball donors come through with that much money??? heard we need it by fall. will be interesting,
Didn't Curtis Granderson donate $5-7 Million to UIC for their new stadium? Surely our boys will up the ante.... right? Right...?

I don't think they would have announced it if they weren't confident that it would happen. I could be wrong, but I think they likely have other donations lined up. I'll give what I can, but It certainly won't make a dent.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by lunker35:
I'll give what I can, but It certainly won't make a dent.
One day Lunker, you'll make it big. Then you can donate a boatload and create the Lunker Hitting and Fielding Center. It'll be right next door to Shakes Cheerleading Gymnasium.

In your opinion, what would be the better use of 5 million: Build a facility or endow scholarships to get NU up to the 11.7 NCAA max?

New facility. The talent is already very good, but I really do think the facilities hurt the team.

I broke it down:
30 man roster/9 scholarships/50,000 tuition = $15,000 scholarship $35,000 to the student athlete
30 man roster/11.7 scholarships/50,000 tuition = $19,500 scholarship 31,5000 to the student athlete

That assumes it's all broken down evenly to every player ie. no walk-ons ie. nobody gets a bigger scholarship than another.

While the extra $4,500 a year is nothing to shrug at, I'm in agreement that the facility is the better use of the money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT