ADVERTISEMENT

The absolute nicest man and family

T_Levine

May 26, 2010
I wish I knew how to insert a pic. But am at the Palo Alto farmers market right now wearing my northwestern hat and get stopped by a large man unmask saying go cats. I stop say hello. He says he played football graduated in 82. We talk. He introduces himself as says. I’m Chris Hinton. Introduces his freshman son who’s at Stanford and wife who played basketball at nu.
The absolute nicest guy. Nicest wife. Nicest family.

no one on this board should disparage him because his sons choose other places to play.
Go Chris Hinton and go

I wish I knew how to insert a pic. But am at the Palo Alto farmers market right now wearing my northwestern hat and get stopped by a large man unmask saying go cats. I stop say hello. He says he played football graduated in 82. We talk. He introduces himself as says. I’m Chris Hinton. Introduces his freshman son who’s at Stanford and wife who played basketball at nu.

no one on this board should disparage him because his sons choose other places to play.
Go Chris Hinton and go
He and his wife have been in the spotlight recently as the head of a group of parents of current college football players. They had a long interview on a segment of Real Sports on HBO, talking about measures that football programs were (and were not) taking to safeguard players from coronavirus exposure. A very smart and well-spoken family who continue to represent NU well even though their sons chose to go elsewhere.

Chris Hinton's story is an inspiring one. Came from a small south side non-powerhouse public league program (Phillips) and changed positions a couple times at NU before settling in at offensive tackle. His blocking was an important part of breaking all three of the Cats ugly streaks: 34 gamer, Big Ten and Big Ten road in his senior season. In the game that broke the Big Ten streak vs. Minnesota at Dyche, Hinton dominated during a huge second half comeback that finally got that horrible monkey off our backs.

Go Chris Hinton and go

Also one of the largest human beings I’ve ever met. If you shook hands you should check for broken bones.

The scandalous photo was removed, and all is well in Wildcatland! He is a treasured alumni and perhaps our best all-time OL.

Cool meet and greet. I suspect we have another Hinton-type story emerging in Slater’s pro football pursuits.

The scandalous photo was removed, and all is well in Wildcatland! He is a treasured alumni and perhaps our best all-time OL.

Cool meet and greet. I suspect we have another Hinton-type story emerging in Slater’s pro football pursuits.

Hope so, as I’m confident Slater’s sons will choose Northwestern. I’ll root for the Hinton’s as frequently as I root for a Skowronek.

Argument can be made he’s the greatest football player in NU history. Including Otto Graham and Fitz.

Do you mean wearing the MichiPuke shirt?

He could play basketball as well. A frequent guest in my dorm as his close friend lived across the hall from me

He could play basketball as well. A frequent guest in my dorm as his close friend lived across the hall from me
The summer before his/our senior year we played his team in the intramural hoops championship. He had played tight end the season before, and had put on at least 45 pounds by mid-July. Fortunately, the game started at 11 am, and he walked into Patten at noon. Oops. My buddy Rick was 6'5, about 220 on his heaviest day. Hinton moved him around the court like he was a toothpick, but we were able to neutralize him with a collapsing zone, and our opera singer 2 guard (I think his name was Clyde, a hillbilly opera star from West Virginia) was on fire. My only Intramural champion t-shirt. . .

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
The summer before his/our senior year we played his team in the intramural hoops championship. He had played tight end the season before, and had put on at least 45 pounds by mid-July..
Better living through chemistry. Those were different times than today........

Reactions: FloridAlum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT