ADVERTISEMENT

The Morning After

iskaboo

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2011
London, UK
The great thing about living five to eight time zones ahead of most of the rest of you is that I can read all of the threads written immediately after the game, while I am asleep, and reflect on them the next morning.

With that said, I think - as others have pointed out - that we now have a good chance to go 10-2 and play in a top-notch bowl game. I don't remember anyone predicting such a result when the season began ... A lot of us were worried about how badly we would lose to Stanford.

Yes, the offense has played pretty poorly at times this season, and I have questioned McCall's play calling on more than occasion. Thorson may not have progressed very well at QB, but the fact remains that we do not have anyone who is better. The receivers never seem to get separation, and on the rare occasion that they do, there's a decent chance they will drop the ball. And, Hank still insists on rushing only three in certain situations.

But, despite all that, our team is 9-2 with a very winnable final regular season game. Our defense is one of the best in the nation.

I cannot say whether McCall, Springer or anyone else should be sacked; I really do not know enough bout football to make that decision. What I do know is that I see no major upheaval forthcoming in a program that will have won at least 9 games against low expectations, and could possible win 11 and be ranked in the Top 10 following bowl season.

All I hope is that the defense can play as well next year despite the loss of Lowry, Van Hoose, Henry and others, and the the offense, led by JJ and with a more experienced Thorson, can improve. If that happens, we could contend for the Big Ten title next year.

Reactions: JournCat
apparently I need to move to the other side of the world.:oops: I could have used an 8 hour time out.
I going to blame it on not being able to enter the chat room. Yes! That's it. I had limited ability to vent the whole game resulting in a lapse of judgement. It is either the chat room's fault or I have to take responsibility for my own words and nobody does that anymore.

apparently I need to move to the other side of the world.:oops: I could have used an 8 hour time out.
I going to blame it on not being able to enter the chat room. Yes! That's it. I had limited ability to vent the whole game resulting in a lapse of judgement. It is either the chat room's fault or I have to take responsibility for my own words and nobody does that anymore.

I saw that Drill may have accidentally shut it off. Sorry for that. I was watching from Mexico and the Internet was spotty.

I saw that Drill may have accidentally shut it off. Sorry for that. I was watching from Mexico and the Internet was spotty.
I can't really blame the chat room. Thanks to everyone who puts that together.

Deering, I think the absence of the chat room is a great excuse. Let's blame everything on Drill! :)

Thanks, villox. The chat room is a lot of fun for those of us who live far away and do not have a hope in hell of getting to a game often.

Ha! Deering... I'm as huge proponent of the idea that we should not be held responsible for anything we post during the game! I know my in-game posting looks a little something like this... We suck! We suck! We suck! Hooray!! We won the game!!

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
I will take the blame for the chatroom though all I've tried was to open it with the pw given to me by the master, Villox.
I agree that what we say during the chat session stays there and can be cleansed immediately following the end of the broadcast!
Glad that it wasnt me who posted that apology thread on WR board!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT