ADVERTISEMENT

The NU Scouting Report

Sec.112

Jun 17, 2001
From The Athletic ...

Seth Davis gave anonymity to "nine coaches, both head coaches and assistants, from three power conferences, and asked them to give their intel on the top teams in their league (ACC, B10 and B12)."

Here' the NU report.

"They have really improved defensively, and they take care of the ball. If you can take away Boo Buie and Chase Audige, they don’t have much of a presence in the post. You have to chase everything with Buie and force him into a floater, because when he gets downhill he’s hard to stop. Audige is gonna take a ton of pull-ups. A team that has length on the perimeter can bother them. Those two guards have to be efficient. You’ve gotta give them a steady diet of tough shots. They don’t have enough around them survive a bad night from both of them. Matthew Nicholson can block some shots, but he’s not gonna beat you scoring.”

Reactions: rogerkim
Fair.

It’s why we desperately need Brooks to continue to emerge, and for Berry/Beran to get hot from 3.
It was pointed out that Berry was hurt when he took a charge against Nebraska. I wonder if that has affected him ever since, because he has been horrible offensively.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
It was pointed out that Berry was hurt when he took a charge against Nebraska. I wonder if that has affected him ever since, because he has been horrible offensively.
Ah! Thanks for posting that. I remember Berry taking that charge and staying down for a while.
He has not played as well or as much since. That makes sense. I just thought he was having Covid after affects or something.

Reactions: drewjin
From The Athletic ...

Seth Davis gave anonymity to "nine coaches, both head coaches and assistants, from three power conferences, and asked them to give their intel on the top teams in their league (ACC, B10 and B12)."

Here' the NU report.

"They have really improved defensively, and they take care of the ball. If you can take away Boo Buie and Chase Audige, they don’t have much of a presence in the post. You have to chase everything with Buie and force him into a floater, because when he gets downhill he’s hard to stop. Audige is gonna take a ton of pull-ups. A team that has length on the perimeter can bother them. Those two guards have to be efficient. You’ve gotta give them a steady diet of tough shots. They don’t have enough around them survive a bad night from both of them. Matthew Nicholson can block some shots, but he’s not gonna beat you scoring.”
Pretty spot on. Nice to know that what we talk about on this forum mirrors what opposing coaches see on film. Validation that a bunch of amateurs sometimes know what we're talking about, in spite of many of us never having been involved with sports at a higher level. (Sorry, couldn't resist the call back to previous discussion points.)

Pretty spot on. Nice to know that what we talk about on this forum mirrors what opposing coaches see on film. Validation that a bunch of amateurs sometimes know what we're talking about, in spite of many of us never having been involved with sports at a higher level. (Sorry, couldn't resist the call back to previous discussion points.)
Yeah, I thought it was spot on also. But then ...

Until you have coached middle school kids, you cannot reach the pinnacle of basketball knowledge.

Very fair assessment. But perhaps “not enough around them” could be good motivational material for three guys whose last names start with B, plus MN.

ADVERTISEMENT