ADVERTISEMENT

The Ohio State Scandal - Urban Liars Tweet

You do know that many abused woman are afraid to press charges because of fear of harm to themselves and/or their children, right?
You are suggesting that an organization make decisions about someone's livelyhood and career based on non work related heresay. Sorry but it needs to be more concrete than that.

Usually true. I was gonna get into all that but figured it was beyond the scope of the conversation.

Employers are definitely not incentivized to be transparent in hiring, promoting and firing decisions.
More often than just usually. If you are going to vet someone you have to be able to read between the lines.

You are suggesting that an organization make decisions about someone's livelyhood and career based on non work related heresay. Sorry but it needs to be more concrete than that.
Out of your depth here.

I suspect they will eventually spin this as the victim bring some sort of vindictive psycho. She very well may be, but Urban shot all of his credibility with the lying at media days. Still expect a slap on the wrist like suspending for a game or two and sending him and his staff to some training.

I suspect they will eventually spin this as the victim bring some sort of vindictive psycho. She very well may be, but Urban shot all of his credibility with the lying at media days. Still expect a slap on the wrist like suspending for a game or two and sending him and his staff to some training.
Maybe OSU and some on this board as well, will next blame the kid.

Actually, under the law, no, it doesn't.

I'd argue Meyer had a duty to report, and did not.

I think you understand the merit of Urban’s potential case...

“Your honor, Mr. Meyer had extensive discussions with his superior, the Ohio State University athletic director (Gene Smith), who was tasked with interviewing Zack Smith and consulting with the Columbus police about the matter. Mr. Meyer is a football coach and not a police officer, investigator or administrator. Once my client reported the event to his superior and asked him to thoroughly investigate any abuse claims, his superiors and the Columbus police let him and the entire Ohio State University down.”

So if the AD was in the loop would that not conflict with the statement, "Meyer had a duty to report, and did not." ?

Last edited:
Fitz51 reading this thread like “man, never gonna have to worry about lack of employer defense work with jokers like this in management.”

Has everyone read the request for order of protection that Courtney Smith filed? I'm sure some here might speculate that Courtney was making it all up, but that's some psycho stalker sh!t right there.
Right and it's hard to believe that those OSU, so called fans are still cheering on Urban. It's also surprising that some in this thread seem to be taking Smith's word regarding the altercations and hinting that his wife just made this shit up. Of course then there is Pen. St. and the Paterno family.

Fitz51 reading this thread like “man, never gonna have to worry about lack of employer defense work with jokers like this in management.”
Mrs. Jack does the same work. Labor & employment for a Fortune 100.

I always tell her that she will be employed at a hefty salary for as long as she desires because people cannot help themselves from committing gross acts of stupidity at work. She brings home wonderful stories on a regular basis. Between greed, sexual compulsion, bigotry, and general stupidity, there is no shortage of messes for her to clean. I call her "The Cleanser."

Reactions: Fitz51
Right and it's hard to believe that those OSU, so called fans are still cheering on Urban. It's also surprising that some in this thread seem to be taking Smith's word regarding the altercations and hinting that his wife just made this shit up. Of course then there is Pen. St. and the Paterno family.

There are always going to be crazy fans with no context or sense of reality, many of them post on social media and call into talk shows. Most of the OSU fans with an interest in the football program hope Meyer is cleared of wrong doing, but are willing to wait until we have more information to make a final judgement.

Personally, I take neither Zak nor Courtney Smith’s word on their relationship and acts of disagreement and possibly violence. That’s between them and the legal authorities. The questions pertinent to the football program is how much was known by Meyer and the Administration, and what were their responsibilities?

As is typical, the debate within the Court of Public Opinion is to which extreme reality existed? That is, Meyer knew either everything or nothing; and there was no responsibility or full responsibility in responding by Meyer and OSU. The reality is that the truth likely lies somewhere within the extremes.

There are always going to be crazy fans with no context or sense of reality, many of them post on social media and call into talk shows. Most of the OSU fans with an interest in the football program hope Meyer is cleared of wrong doing, but are willing to wait until we have more information to make a final judgement.

Personally, I take neither Zak nor Courtney Smith’s word on their relationship and acts of disagreement and possibly violence. That’s between them and the legal authorities. The questions pertinent to the football program is how much was known by Meyer and the Administration, and what were their responsibilities?

As is typical, the debate within the Court of Public Opinion is to which extreme reality existed? That is, Meyer knew either everything or nothing; and there was no responsibility or full responsibility in responding by Meyer and OSU. The reality is that the truth likely lies somewhere within the extremes.
No matter how this plays out, you guys won't hold a candle to what went down at Penn State. And that's a good thing.

Reactions: RevCat
This is a train wreck. Best to step back and wait for the committee report.

Lol-- she worked on a revenge plot since 2013 and we're just hearing about it from a mother-n-law and estranged mother now, two people who would have has tons of incentive to go to the police as soon as they heard about it? Sounded like total nonsense to me, and when I checked who the author was, my theory that this is a team- Urban-going-on-offense story was justified:

"Snook is the author of four books about Ohio State football, including “What It Means to Be a Buckeye.” The foreword of that book is written by Urban Meyer. In that foreword, Meyer praises Earle Bruce, the grandfather of Zach Smith and father of Lynn Bruce.."

This, and the fact that apparently both of Meyer's adult daughters retweeted this piece of "journalism" as soon as it was released, made it stink to high heaven. I was actually inclined to give Urban the benefit of the doubt on this based on what I had read so far, but when clearly orchestrated stuff like this comes out; it makes you wonder what someone like Urban is afraid of...

Yes, I was just saying that the other day, and that was before I read this thread.

People really do not understand how this stuff works.

What I typically see in any team fan board, are posters who feign bias based on issues of ethics and morality. I appreciate you being honest and admitting bias is the primary motivator.

Well, to be fair, yes, I admit bias, but it's bias based on the absurdly lengthy record of institutionalized cheating, fraud, and brazen disregard for morality and decency only seen at dOSU outside of the SEC.

As you noted, I am indeed honest, and I'm glad you appreciate it.

Yuo, think Mr. Snook is going to regret that white-knighting for Coach Smith...

https://watchstadium.com/news/zach-...s-staffer-nude-photos-white-house-08-17-2018/

Coach Smith admitted he was a lousy husband. Otherwise, I don’t know how this relates to Snook or anything else involving the investigation. No clue what will be revealed next week by the investigators, but McMurphy is starting to look like a desperate man spiraling out of control—I don’t know how else to explain his rational for posting this.

Coach Smith admitted he was a lousy husband. Otherwise, I don’t know how this relates to Snook or anything else involving the investigation. No clue what will be revealed next week by the investigators, but McMurphy is starting to look like a desperate man spiraling out of control—I don’t know how else to explain his rational for posting this.

Besides painting the increasingly clear picture that Smith is a deviant that Meyer protected for a long time?

Well Iet’s lock him up then! Time to stake out Lover’s Lane tonight and expose all the deviants!

It’s a pattern with Smith.

And, in addition to all the other open questions, begs the question of whether Meyer was really unaware that Smith was banging an OSU staffer in the football offices or chose not to do anything about it.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
And parenthetically, have you noticed that the Ohio State fans are acting like a ball of fire ants in a flood, angry and defensive and looking to sting anyone/anything.

There's a fair number of Ohio State fans who dislike Meyer and want him gone. I'm not sure I entirely understand all the reasons why. (Many of them disliked him before the scandal, I think.) I was talking to one, a co-worker, yesterday, and he said flat-out that Meyer should be fired.

And parenthetically, have you noticed that the Ohio State fans are acting like a ball of fire ants in a flood, angry and defensive and looking to sting anyone/anything.

That may be true with the majority of OSU fans who tend to post on social media and cal into talk shows, but not the majority of OSU fans. The majority of OSU fans are taking a wait and see attitude. I think the following from Yahoo Sports from Pat Forde and Pete Thamel when they went onto OSU’s campus accurately reflects the thoughts of most OSU fans- especially those who are going to or went to OSU:

From Sports.Yahoo.com:

“It’s kind of a mess,” said Christian Rivers, a junior from Pickerington, Ohio, as he walked through the Ohio State Student Union on Friday. “I don’t really know what to believe. If Urban knew [about Smith’s alleged abuse of his ex-wife, Courtney], he should be gone. I love Urban as a coach, but if he did wrong, he did wrong. Some people think this is about football, but it’s really about decent human morality.”

Although every student interviewed by Yahoo Sports acknowledged not having a full command of the case and all the facts, many of them were viewing the situation through more than just a football prism. They adored Meyer as a coach and enjoyed the benefits of his winning, but they don’t want him back if he enabled Smith.

“I think everyone is confused by what to think,” said Justin Levine, who’d just returned from his home outside New York City to what he called a “weird vibe” on campus. “You hope that he did nothing wrong, and you hope that he’s back on the field week one against Oregon State. But at the same time, if he was hiding something like that it’s inexcusable.”

There are some crazies out there, but it’s a small minority out of a large population.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
That may be true with the majority of OSU fans who tend to post on social media and cal into talk shows, but not the majority of OSU fans. The majority of OSU fans are taking a wait and see attitude.

If 100,000 people would have shown up at the Urban Meyer rally, I’d be all for casting stones at the OSU faithful with the rest of you. Compare that to what happened in Happy Valley with the Paterno rallies and OSU fans actually look like fair-minded rational citizens.

The McMurphy sideshow has become its own bizarre ordeal drifting further and further away from anything relevant to the original serious issue. Given the timing (ESPN non-compete expiring, joining The Stadium), posting details and photos of the sex toys ordered seems, at best, ill-advised. It was salacious click bait—not investigative journalism—part of an unfortunate pattern he has shown after breaking the story.

The revelations of the panel’s investigation and reactions to it will be interesting, to say the least.

If 100,000 people would have shown up at the Urban Meyer rally, I’d be all for casting stones at the OSU faithful with the rest of you. Compare that to what happened in Happy Valley with the Paterno rallies and OSU fans actually look like fair-minded rational citizens.

The McMurphy sideshow has become its own bizarre ordeal drifting further and further away from anything relevant to the original serious issue. Given the timing (ESPN non-compete expiring, joining The Stadium), posting details and photos of the sex toys ordered seems, at best, ill-advised. It was salacious click bait—not investigative journalism—part of an unfortunate pattern he has shown after breaking the story.

The revelations of the panel’s investigation and reactions to it will be interesting, to say the least.

That your reaction to the scandal is to attack the reporter instead of the reports tells me everything I need to know about you.

That your reaction to the scandal is to attack the reporter instead of the reports tells me everything I need to know about you.

I don’t see Whiskers’ post as an attack on the reporter, rather an observation. Some of the things being reported as of late has become a sideshow. It does make you wonder as to the motive? Not that McMurphy is being dishonest or posting false information, but it does seem to have become more personal and certainly more salacious, which you would hope as a reputable investigative reporter, he would err on the side of caution. Time will tell, just like the investigation, as to whether that’s true or not.

I don’t see Whiskers’ post as an attack on the reporter, rather an observation. Some of the things being reported as of late has become a sideshow. It does make you wonder as to the motive? Not that McMurphy is being dishonest or posting false information, but it does seem to have become more personal and certainly more salacious, which you would hope as a reputable investigative reporter, he would err on the side of caution. Time will tell, just like the investigation, as to whether that’s true or not.
Oh, oh. Don't you know that you can't tell GCG anything? Prepare for a short terse, "No."

Pithy thy name is gocatsgo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT