ADVERTISEMENT

The Ohio State Scandal - Urban Liars Tweet

Three game suspension.

AD Gene Smith gets a 17 day suspension.

Meh.

Well, honestly, I was rooting for him to be fired and the program to be voluntarily shut down. But, as honestly, this was probably in the ball park of what could be objectively expected given the particular transgressions, which still are underwhelming to me. I don't think Meyer did much wrong except lie to the media (BFD, the media sucks) when put on the spot. OTOH, I do think he is probably blood stained from other crimes committed in that filthy institution and should have been put to the stake anyways.

Well, honestly, I was rooting for him to be fired and the program to be voluntarily shut down. But, as honestly, this was probably in the ball park of what could be objectively expected given the particular transgressions, which still are underwhelming to me. I don't think Meyer did much wrong except lie to the media (BFD, the media sucks) when put on the spot. OTOH, I do think he is probably blood stained from other crimes committed in that filthy institution and should have been put to the stake anyways.
Note that it is a really WEAK 3 game suspension. He returns to practice September 2, so in reality he is the head coach again for 2 of the games. He won't be on the sidelines for Rutgers and TCU but all of the game planning and practices will be under his direction. A pretty lame effort by the OSU Trustees IMHO.

Note that it is a really WEAK 3 game suspension. He returns to practice September 2, so in reality he is the head coach again for 2 of the games. He won't be on the sidelines for Rutgers and TCU but all of the game planning and practices will be under his direction. A pretty lame effort by the OSU Trustees IMHO.

Like I said, about right relative to the transgressions. If anything, a suspension of any length is merited only because not giving him any suspension whatsoever might cause a furious uproar from the unforgiving lynch mobs.

It is a BFD for him to lie to the media because people get their information about his program through the media. If he lies, the information is false whether the media sucks or not. That said, is anyone on this board surprised by the big-whoop three-game suspension? Probably not.

I am not sure if anybody saw his prepared statement that he read but I thought it was a pathetic show. It was as sincere as the prepared statement that Trump read post Helsinki acknowledging Russian interference in our election. Meyer was pathetic and deserves to fired just based on that. Even now he doesn't care and that came across loud and clear.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
ADVERTISEMENT