ADVERTISEMENT

The Rant Board WAS once named for Gary Barnett.

Great find! Of course, back in those days, we also would meet on the main football board to discuss things "intelligently".

Reactions: FeralFelidae
Great find! Of course, back in those days, we also would meet on the main football board to discuss things "intelligently".
It's more a memory than a find. I just remember having a discussion with @stpaulcat and he didn't believe me that the Rant Board was once named for Gary Barnett. Well, here is the proof.

So you’re saying it should be brought back? Just like Gary returned in 2015 after a near 20 year hiatus?
I think that ship has sailed. However, hypothetically, if the Rant Board were brought back, whom should it be named in honor of?

I would vote JON: the hypothetical JON Memorial Rant Board.

Or maybe Mr. Wickerpark...

I think that ship has sailed. However, hypothetically, if the Rant Board were brought back, whom should it be named in honor of?

I think they should bring it back as separate paid page. I would join. And the fees would pay for moderation.

Reactions: stpaulcat
I always thought Rant Board was about reaching shared understanding of the issues. We’re all human, after all.
Never quite to mutual understanding, but at least the opportunity was there for that possibility. Today's boards are like Russian TV news.

The former is cruel, the latter, not so much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT