ADVERTISEMENT

The Turk Countdown has started 48 hours left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turk

May 29, 2001
Blacklisted by Fitz
It's been an interesting community but the community has shifted and taken flight. Turk's last post on this forum will be on Saturday. The Pollyanna's and shills can have at it and sing kumbuya.

Have you considered perhaps just taking a bit of a respite, a little break to recharge the batteries? The board would be poorer for your absence (ducking under my desk as I post this) :D

Attention Wildcat Report members:

FloridAlum will be announcing a Purple Party for Shills and Pollyannas for Saturday. Check for updates!

Costume party? Can I come? Will there be tintillating NU sports talk? C'mon...

yawn....

Another tirk play for attention.
The fact that he refers to himself in the third person ("Turk's last post will be on Saturday") leads me to believe that he'll simply show up on Sunday under a new handle. This message board's an addiction, and he won't be able to stay away.

NOOOOOOOOOO

I said this a while back. This is like a batman/joker situation for me. I don't want Turk to die (stop posting). Turk completes me (I don't really post much at all on here unless it's to call out Turks idiocy)

If Turk dies, chicagocatfan24 also dies.

#RIP

NOOOOOOOOOO

I said this a while back. This is like a batman/joker situation for me. I don't want Turk to die (stop posting). Turk completes me (I don't really post much at all on here unless it's to call out Turks idiocy)

If Turk dies, chicagocatfan24 also dies.

#RIP

Don't encourage him. #Turkfreeboard

I will be staying at The Party Line just down the road. It's only rated 3 stars, but people who stay there tell me it's very underrated and comparable to many 4 star lodges. If you book online and enter the code STFU, you get a coupon for a free ego massage at the spa.

I can meet you for some purple kool aid at the 10 Win Inn.

I will be staying at The Party Line just down the road. It's only rated 3 stars, but people who stay there tell me it's very underrated and comparable to many 4 star lodges. If you book online and enter the code STFU, you get a coupon for a free ego massage at the spa.

Turk gets his free ego massage on these boards every time and that is why he will never leave.

When Turk returns, which everyone knows he will, since this is like a farewell tour, what will be his new handle? Here's a few:

Turkneversayneversaysinceitwillmeanthatwhenyousayiteveryonewillsayyou'refullofshitcatsfan
YoucanseetheStatueofLibertyfrom140mileskat
Chick-a-Fitz
D-Cat
Curt

As a proud Greek I will be happy to see Turk leave for stronger coffee laden fields of pigskin. When he does return later on Saturday, I'm hoping his new monicker will be "Captain Grammar" and that his posts will reflect his new image.

It's been an interesting community but the community has shifted and taken flight. Turk's last post on this forum will be on Saturday. The Pollyanna's and shills can have at it and sing kumbuya.
No body has sung Kumbaya in the last twenty five years.

Beg to differ Deering, I remember Kumbaya singing 21 years ago.

You don't know what you're talking about. That was just drunken humming and mumbling...not real Kumbaya. You think Alabama accepts drunken mumbling of Kumbaya? Truth be told, we have to hire better coaches if we want elite Kumbaya.

Have you considered perhaps just taking a bit of a respite, a little break to recharge the batteries? The board would be poorer for your absence (ducking under my desk as I post this) :D
Hope he changes his mind. which is very possible. This board has lost lots of interesting posters, some because they are shouted down and ridiculed for their thoughts. To bad, since this might be the beginning of what caused TOS to falter.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Hope he changes his mind. which is very possible. This board has lost lots of interesting posters, some because they are shouted down and ridiculed for their thoughts. To bad, since this might be the beginning of what caused TOS to falter.

People are "shouted down" typically AFTER they go on the offensive and attack specific people or groups of people that have an opposing view. You know if you support the coaching staffs right to hire/fire who they want you are a shill. It you take a postive view of things you are a Pollyanna.

Bullies don't like getting pushed back on! Then it turns into a twisted argument that they somehow got shouted down by the very people that they attempted to push around. GMAB.

Now we get posters announcing farewell tours and putting a timetable on their departure. Why? So they can garner support by sympathetic posters who can chime in and say "please stay" or "you have been treated unfairly" or the "board is boring" bullcrap.

Yes, I have personally shouted down some people here, but it has been for their name calling stereotyping of people NOT their differing opinions. Turk and others will be back and they have every right to be, but if they want to attack by generalizing people into camps I will continue to call them out, just like they would to me or anyone else. You reap what you sow.

Reactions: FloridAlum
People are "shouted down" typically AFTER they go on the offensive and attack specific people or groups of people that have an opposing view. You know if you support the coaching staffs right to hire/fire who they want you are a shill. It you take a postive view of things you are a Pollyanna.

Bullies don't like getting pushed back on! Then it turns into a twisted argument that they somehow got shouted down by the very people that they attempted to push around. GMAB.

Now we get posters announcing farewell tours and putting a timetable on their departure. Why? So they can garner support by sympathetic posters who can chime in and say "please stay" or "you have been treated unfairly" or the "board is boring" bullcrap.

Yes, I have personally shouted down some people here, but it has been for their name calling stereotyping of people NOT their differing opinions. Turk and others will be back and they have every right to be, but if they want to attack by generalizing people into camps I will continue to call them out, just like they would to me or anyone else. You reap what you sow.
I will not be back. My friends have mostly all left this board as it has overcome itself with Pollyanna's who illegitimate serious discussion. People are blasted out of the water for suggesting Fitz is not right. This program, imo, is on a downward slope of fan popularity. Just my views.

Reactions: IGNORE2
I will not be back. My friends have mostly all left this board as it has overcome itself with Pollyanna's who illegitimate serious discussion. People are blasted out of the water for suggesting Fitz is not right. This program, imo, is on a downward slope of fan popularity. Just my views.

Gotta save this one for the archives.

It's ironic that fans of the program have to feel guilty about being positive and supportive. Of course it's okay to claim that the AD is deceiving everyone with the Fake on the Lake, heaven forbid that someone challenge that claim -- you might as well be saying the earth is round or some silly thing like that. Proclaiming a 3rd person farewell tour is about as egotistical and attention-whoring as one can get, even adding a feeble excuse that the program is crumbling to pieces, and quite frankly it would be amusing if it weren't so pathetic.

That's your choice, but you backed up my claim with this response. Good luck to you.

Just wait 'til we win our first five games next year. He'll be back.

C'mon Turk, I love some of your commentary and grading, although I don't always agree with it, and I love your passion for NU athletics. But I do not love the ad hominem attacks against people who beg to differ. Why not just try toning that stuff down. Sorry you are leaving the board. I will miss you.

C'mon Turk, I love some of your commentary and grading, although I don't always agree with it, and I love your passion for NU athletics. But I do not love the ad hominem attacks against people who beg to differ. Why not just try toning that stuff down. Sorry you are leaving the board. I will miss you.
the turk182 jersey has also been retired. Ill be sitting courtside in my plain clothes from here on out. Ive become disinterested in the football program and ive become a sorta dinosaur on this page with the lack of reasonable discussion and ridicule for any strong opinion pointing out the error of the program.

C'mon Turk. Is this a promise or a threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT