ADVERTISEMENT

The unsung hero - Vic Law

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
Lost in the noise of "The Miracle" play it was also an amazing comeback performance by Vic Law.

Coach Collins had specifically addressed the intent to get Law's scoring up in a pregame interview. Clearly the combined coach and player effort paid dividends last night.

From NUSports.com:

"Vic Law scored 18 for Northwestern. Bryant McIntosh added 13 points and five assists, and the Wildcats matched their highest conference win total since the 1932-33 team tied for the Big Ten championship."

Reactions: DaCat and willycat
Lost in the noise of "The Miracle" play it was also an amazing comeback performance by Vic Law.

Coach Collins had specifically addressed the intent to get Law's scoring up in a pregame interview. Clearly the combined coach and player effort paid dividends last night.

From NUSports.com:

"Vic Law scored 18 for Northwestern. Bryant McIntosh added 13 points and five assists, and the Wildcats matched their highest conference win total since the 1932-33 team tied for the Big Ten championship."
Think it was good seeing Law driving to the hoop more.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Three important aspects of the game besides Law's great game.

1) It looks like Lindsey was a bit more like himself. He wasn't fabulous, but it was a good step in the right direction.
2) Pardon did a great job switching to Walton and Irvin so often in the second half. I'm surprised UM didn't take more advantage of that,
3) To elgatoloco's point, Benson really had a nice stretch throughout the game. Did anybody like his hard foul on Wagner as much as I did? It was a reasonably hard foul and I love the message.

I'm hoping this is step one of an upward trend for March.

1) It looks like Lindsey was a bit more like himself. He wasn't fabulous, but it was a good step in the right direction.

Strangely, during the telecast Bardo made a comment in the second half that he didn't like Scottie's "body language", and that Collins was probably trying to pick him up when Scottie was subbed out and Collins met him by the bench. I agree with you, I thought he played OK and looked like he was more or less back to normal.

Strangely, during the telecast Bardo made a comment in the second half that he didn't like Scottie's "body language" ...

That doesn't surprise me. For me, that's an ongoing issue that he needs to be adjusted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT