ADVERTISEMENT

Theory on HJ from someone who claimed to be an insider?

Who is to say that the NCAA could not be challenged on this? They make all kind of waivers for things for all kinds of reasons. Then again, many on this board only felt we would have him for a couple years
It’s not that complicated. The NCAA has a list of situations when you can petition for another year of eligibility all you have to do is go to the site and read them.
The second situation states:
b) The student-athlete is unable to participate in intercollegiate athletics as a result of a life-threatening or incapacitating injury or illness suffered by a member of the student-athlete’s immediate family, which clearly is supported by contemporaneous medical documentation.
Either way, my understanding is that you can’t petition for the extra year until you have completed your 5th year anyway.
So, speculating about an extra year now is pretty much a waste of time since he would need to complete his senior year of eligibility before even applying.

So you're the board police now? Got it. Snowflakes like you will flake out I guess. LOL.

No, nice projection. I’m not trying to tell you what to post or not post. But keep trying. I can weather your insults. I don’t need a safe space. Guess you are the one needing to grow a pair. Cheers.

By the way, you do complain about posts all the time, and then tell people in your passive aggressive way how they should be posting. PKK anyone? You're such a drama queen. And try to keep up, I see you still haven't figured out my original point. But carry on.

you are clueless. There are homers everywhere. Great. I take issue when other people attack fandom or the posting of others. At that point, I engage and dissect them. Pretty easy - they are pretty lowbrow.

But keep trying, maybe you can ask the other Board geniuses, corbi and gcg, to help you. After, you can all cuddle. Maybe recite songs of praise for the coaching staff too.

Normally, yes. But I’m still in the Philippines and will need a little home time w the gf before we close out the year w a bunch of trips. Next time.

Off topic , but my quake alert went off this morning notifying of a 6.8 earthquake in the Philippines. Everything OK for you and yours?

It’s not that complicated. The NCAA has a list of situations when you can petition for another year of eligibility all you have to do is go to the site and read them.
The second situation states:
b) The student-athlete is unable to participate in intercollegiate athletics as a result of a life-threatening or incapacitating injury or illness suffered by a member of the student-athlete’s immediate family, which clearly is supported by contemporaneous medical documentation.
Either way, my understanding is that you can’t petition for the extra year until you have completed your 5th year anyway.
So, speculating about an extra year now is pretty much a waste of time since he would need to complete his senior year of eligibility before even applying.
You mean GCG might be wrong about Hunter Johnson’s possible eligibility for an extra year? That might be news to the self proclaimed expert. At this point, riffing on what you said, we can only pray he will play so well that we would want him to have an extra year.

No, nice projection. I’m not trying to tell you what to post or not post. But keep trying. I can weather your insults. I don’t need a safe space. Guess you are the one needing to grow a pair. Cheers.

You are a sad little insecure dude. Your Rock envy is just weird.

You mean GCG might be wrong about Hunter Johnson’s possible eligibility for an extra year? That might be news to the self proclaimed expert. At this point, riffing on what you said, we can only pray he will play so well that we would want him to have an extra year.

Good grief. Enough with the personal attacks. And GCG actually said it was *doubtful* that he would have any possible path to a sixth year.

Off topic , but my quake alert went off this morning notifying of a 6.8 earthquake in the Philippines. Everything OK for you and yours?

Wow - didn’t feel or read about anything. What time local and where was the epicenter?

more projection. Though I am sad, last day in Philippines... not little, I definitely need to lose some weight

Obviously the word "little" in the context used is not related to physical size. Must've touched another insecurity. LOL

Good grief. Enough with the personal attacks.
No kidding. This place isn't even fun anymore. It would be nice if folks remembered we are here because we cheer for the same team. It is almost as if Rant Board toxicity has bled over to the sports boards. All the boards would be more tolerable if folks maintained a sense of self-deprecating humor. Frankly, even more sophomoric humor would be good, as long as it is in good fun.

Just don't think that suggesting a kids possible personal problems belong on a football message board.
I was not the one that started the thread. And again I was not speculating on anything. Just suggesting that another posters thought was not the only possibility along the lines he laid out. Get over yourself.

Reactions: IGNORE
No kidding. This place isn't even fun anymore. It would be nice if folks remembered we are here because we cheer for the same team. It is almost as if Rant Board toxicity has bled over to the sports boards. All the boards would be more tolerable if folks maintained a sense of self-deprecating humor. Frankly, even more sophomoric humor would be good, as long as it is in good fun.

Who the hell are you to tell us how to post? You're a bird-feline hybrid abomination who sinks your talons into its prey and uses your superior eyesight to pounce upon laser pointers. You think you're better than me?

I, for one, thoroughly enjoy this heated and far too personal discussion of who and what is responsible for a bunch of overgrown teenagers underperforming!
Says a guy on a message board devoted to the overgrown teenagers.

They caught up to them and knocked them out
The opposition didn’t solve the problem though. If we were to get our hands on another dual threat QB and a quick back who can catch a pitch on the edge, I like our chances.

This thread has morphed from absurd to bizarre. Who needs trick-or-treaters to entertain us this week?

Gcg is having a bad day. What he found far fetched seems to be reality. Gcg, hope you feel better soon. Hunter’s mom, get well soon.

I said far fetched in that it seemed unlikely to get him a sixth year not that it was impossible for an off-field situation to be affecting his on-field performance. You struggle with reading comprehension.

Last edited:
Reactions: phatcat
You lost your screen name though. :D:D:D

I know exactly where it is. And I wonder, w Mikes retirement, does that give me my name back? If not, I would believe I could bet someone else around here and put my screen name up as my potential winnings. But I digress. Let’s try to stay on topic. What was the OP again?

I indeed was the original poster. And mentioned it from a perspective of 1) it might explain why QB decisions were made the way they were; 2) why Fitz was being so coy/protective. Now it seems to be true.

Obviously the family issues come first for Hunter, as they should, and the "NU football as family" narrative seems appropriate. But it still begs the question of what next from a football perspective and there seems to be a lot in the air with 6th year eligibility, HJ coming back this year and more.

Those are the questions we should be discussing, not the petty battles this has degenerated into for some.

Do you have any college trophies?

Kinda. Sadly, I lost my letterman jacket and all sports garb. I do have my watch, given for winning conference. I don’t wear a watch so it sits with the pocket watch from my gpa and my dads watch.

I said far fetched in that it seemed unlikely to get him a sixth year not that it was impossible for an off-field situation to be affecting his on-field performance. You struggle with reading comprehension.
Look, you don’t have to feel ashamed for thinking at a lower level than most people here. It must have been tough to fail several times before finding a life so I really commend you for that. I pray for people like you who struggle on a daily basis every time I jingle my keys in Saturdays at Ryan Field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT